Reviews for The Medallion
Ratbrainbasher chapter 1 . 3/9/2015
Wow. Just, wow. I came here from the PPC wiki, and all I can say is that this is amazing. An old story, perhaps, but amazing, nonetheless. I certainly hope to encounter more done by this author in the future.
Daniel chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
You are a wonderful writer. If you are looking for something to read, I would reccomend Legend Maker. Based on your writing style, I think that you will enjoy her writing.

Signed,

Daniel
Shani8 chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
Very nicely written, I really enjoyed this. :) Thanks so much for writing and sharing.
enchantedsleeper chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
Really great! :D
Meggie Dodge chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
It hasn't lost the taut character of the drabble: no worries there. I especially enjoyed "You used to pretend it was only the sea", for its swiftly setting out a crucial development in Will's growth.
PsYcHo-Me chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
Great work! Yet again.
Holy crap, you really can write! :o)
Off to read even more :P
~*Bobo*~
Moonlight Lilly chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
That was very good. As I read it, it felt as if I was actually there, ya know? Anyways, I thought it was a well written fic.
Lil
Araeph chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Phew! *sighs in relief* You scared me with your first sentence. For a lot of fics, beginning with the word "imagine" doesn't really work. (Lina Holling's melodramatic intro to her fic comes to mind.) You pulled it off splendidly, with poignant detail. Will is characterized well, and I must say that your depiction of his eyes as burning brands wonderfully (intentionally?) foreshadows his years in the forge.
I did feel that your story presented your readers with more questions than answers concerning Will's past. You give us hints and vague images of Will's parents-not a bad strategy for a memory fic-but the only character who seems to be satisfyingly fleshed out is Will himself. I'd be very interested to know your interpretation of Will's parents, especially his mother. I imagine she influenced him heavily, as the irresponsible and lax Mr. Brown isn't exactly a role model worthy of his noble-mannered apprentice.
All in all, an excellent read.
~Agent Araeph
Katie-Baka chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
good!
Newmoon chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Oh Thals, the imagery in this ficlet was fantastic! In the line, "The sand rasps against your legs as you sit staring at the horizon with eyes like burning brands" jolted me with such a sudden, clear mentl image of the scene that I was taken aback, almost.
I loved this little ficlet. Good job!
Dragonlet chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Good one Thals! Great descriptions, but that part about "stifling a gasp, having looked at it clearly before shoving it into your pocket" sounded a bit raw, or rough, compared to the rest of it.
Loved the description of the father, 'half-mythical being', so sweet.
Great job! Don't blame your muse, can I borrow him/her sometimes?