Reviews for The Finding of the Treasure
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Very well done.
Jenn1 chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
I really loved this. Short and sweet. This was well done.
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
It may be short, but it's certainly sweet. I actually really like that you made it so short and sparse instead of trying to prolong it. The type of understatment used here only makes things more poignant, and the ending was really quite perfect.
Blacklabel chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Love that Bootstrap can feel the island though he can not see it. The imagery of the Pearl through that passage is written well here, I must tell you that it's nicely done. Looked like such a precarious place to be sailing such a great ship in the movie and I think you do that justice. Barbossa picking up a handful of coins and letting them slip through his fingers is a great visual, as is when the dust flies as he heaves off the lid of the chest. Quite enjoy Barbossa's mention of 'Jack Sparrow' there. That the coin felt like death to Bill was just the right touch. And may I tell you that in that bit at the end, I was much reminded of the man's son? Though his perspective is certainly a different one, I liked that very much. This could very well be a prequel scene from POTC. Nicely done.
Arwen Tinuviel chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
Very good! Short, but convincing. I've never thought of doing a "discovery" thing myself, and even though it was a challenge, I think you did well. The fact that Bill can't see it at first - that's a cool touch. See you around!
heather321 chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
very good
soley chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
good story, you are a great writer.
Anelen chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
great story, i really like how you described the finding of the aztec gold for the first time. your writing style is amazing, keep it up!
Zwarte Parel chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
Nice vignette. Enjoyed it!
mel chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
oh creepy. are you going to write where bootstrap gets his bootstraps tied? i would be interested in reading that as well