Reviews for The Twelve Days of Christmas
dhalpin3 chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
Liked this one alot. Speaks to the nicer side of Illyana that most of her friends never saw or bothered to see.
SSG Michael B. Jackson chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Very well written, and by the overall tone/content, I have to guess that you must be an old NM fan like me. I read and collected the X-titles back in the early '80's, back before they lost all touch with reality or good taste, and you seem to have captured that era brilliantly.

Also, Illyana and Kitty have always been my two favorite characters, so that's a big bonus with this. I'm particularly impressed that you managed to capture a facet of Illyana's personality that's very hard to write about believably; the fact that while her soul has been well and truly corrupted (3/5 evil after all), she still has the DESIRE to be good and genuinely cares about the people she considers to be her friends.

This was something that wasn't always handled well in the comics, and suffers badly in most fan fiction, but if you think about it in the end she proved herself to be one of the most selfless of characters; I hated the entire Inferno arc (I quit reading comics for years after that) but at the end of that all, even though it was all at least partly her fault, she was willing to sacrifice her very existence (as Magic anyway) to stop what was going on. To me, that's truly heroic and only exemplified how her character had always been portrayed.

At any rate, I can certainly see her doing something like this and, unfortunately, I can also see her own teammates not puting two and two together there; she wasn't the most popular girl on the team, I'm afraid. Oh, and as a parting shot, I loved the 'bamf' doll; I can very much see her loving it herself.

SSG Michael B. Jackson

"Punish the guilty and keep the innocent nervous!"
Ragamuffin McShadowKitty chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Sue, can I just say this story is well, I wished I had read it at Christmas. It would've really gotten me into the spirit of things. The presents that I loved the most were Warlock's (Dunno why exactly), Kitty's (Both from and to Illyana) and, of course, Magento's. It just sent a good natured shiver down my body that made me smile.

Actually, I'm still smiling now, wishing it was Christmas. I loved it. This story was just perfect.

Congratulations for such a fine piece of story telling.
libraflyter chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
I love Illyana. And this is a wonderful fic using Illyana.
Jaenelle Angelline chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
Everybody likes to be appreciated...
I know what he meant. And i know how Illyana felt at being excluded from the whole Christmas bustle. Gift giving is delightful, but sometimes it is nice to get a thank you. And it IS so much easier to figure out what to give when you're on the outside looking in. I never had friends to share Christmas gifts with; It was just Mom and me. This story made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I'm glad i rewad it. Makes all those lonely christamses I had a little less lonely. *sniff*
heroes for ghosts chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
Awr, that was great! Yay holiday spirit! I'll admit that at the beginning I was worried for a bit it was going to be DarkDemonIllyana! and she was gonna get them EvilDemondPresents! which just goes to show that I've been reading and writing too much dark stuff lately, lol.
Oh, and btw- sad but true. I was really excicted after reading the last part of the Draco, not only bc it was finally over but mainly because Annie kissed Bobby and I was like "oh...what's Sue going to do with this?" So Write it! :D
TKD chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
That was cute, even if I didn't know who a whole bunch of the people were. Very nicely done - I hadn't realized that Ilyana was a social outcast among the New Mutants or that Erik had ever been in charge of the school. So much to learn, so little time. Thanks for the fluff!
Lightofstar chapter 1 . 12/16/2003
This was very touching. From Illyana wanting so badly to enjoy Christmas to Magentos' talk to her at the end. Sam, ever the big brother, more perceptive than people give him credit for. A lovely piece that like Illyana has a lotta heart. Merry Christmas Sue!
Harry2 chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
A very nice story Sue. You have ALL the charachters down cold! And if you ever did something like this for the main team, I have a few suggestions: For Logan, get him some good cigars or really good beer! Gambit: A membership in a playing card shop! For Kurt, A collection of Errol Flynn movies. For Jean: Perfume or flowers. Scott is going to be tough to figure anything out, and for Kitty, something for her faith. TTYL!
The Son of Logan and Ororo chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Thank you for posting this now and not earlier. Because I am going through the exhaustive task of collecting ALL of the original New Mutants comics. Very nice story.
Joey1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Wow, excellent work! It's always nice to see vintage New Mutants fanfics, they seem so rare these days, and I think you did a spectacular job on everyone, from Illyana's unique way of celebrating the holiday (the demons decorating the tree thought was very amusing, I thought), to the various gift ideas and everyone's reactions to them.
A nice, sweet little fic, perfect for holiday reading.
SilverCaladan chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
That was so sweet!
I love it when people buy touching presents for me, so I always try to do the same for them. They don't even have to buy it... I just want a thoughtful present.
Even just something like Illyana did would be great... thought I would *hate* to not realize who had given it to me. Well, parts of the time anyways _

~ SilverCaladan ~

Happy Christmas!
Merry New Year!
Wishful Thinking2 chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
aww! so sweet...so nicely thought out, so, so, enjoyable! even magneto...and the bamf doll! heehee, this one was fun. ::mock scolds:: im not getting my studying done because of you! for shame, tsk tsk lol
Caliente chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Oh! I like it! It's UBER sweet! Love the New Mutants too. :P Anyway, great story! Is there more? Maybe you should consider it... like a the rest discover or something unrealated but still with the same characters. I loved Illyana's perspective. GREAT story again! Adios.
~Caliente~