Reviews for The Lay of Peregrin Took
Foozeezoos chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
This was absolutely adoreable! Loved every every word!
Eiladwyn chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This is so beautiful. Your language is astounding, and you really have a knack for poetry )
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
This is such a lovely poem! I wish I had the competence to say more than that but I can't find the words. I'm sitting here with a smile on my face and a catch in my throat and as soon as I finish typing this I'm reading it again.

Dancingkatz
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
*applauds wildly*

I found this in Baylor's story, and it blew my mind. This has a wonderfully epic feel to it that I can't find enough of in Tolkien-inspired poetry, especially LotR.
NekoHitori chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
neko: *sniff*
hitori: you had her in tears at the end. congrats.
neko: gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. goodness, i want to figure out how to sing it! that was just too beautiful to be left out of music!
hitori: "For the fledgling was small, although great in heart" ...now adays they call it enlarged rather than great.
neko: *gasp* don't be rude! it's better than anything we could write!
hitori: i know, i'm just having fun! _ i liked it, too.
neko: the symbolism with the falcons and birds, that was awesome. now there's some symolism i enjoy! much better than the stuff i have to pull out of nowhere for english class... i usually hate symbolism, but you made it wonderful! a few verses seemed a bit off in the beat, but that just might be the musician in me talking. *grins* farewell, for i am sure i have a few things to do before school starts up again. *grumbles* stupid short break...
hitori: uh, ditto. to all of what she just said. ja ne!
neko: ja!
Baylor chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
So glad to see you posted this on its own! For anyone who may be reading, you can't imagine the time and love LLinos put into this poem. It gives me shivers (of the good variety) every time I read it. Thank you for sharing it with me and with all of us!
Pervinca T chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
I loved this poem in Baylor's story, and I still love it! I'm glad to see you posted it on its own. I have a small favour to ask you: I have a site dedicated to Pippin, and would love to post your poem in the poetry section. You can check the site out first, if you'd like, here:
pippinsplayground (I really hope that works. I have a bit of an issue with not posting urls)
Thanks heaps!
- Kate
Aiko-chan chapter 1 . 12/16/2003
i can't tell you how much i love this. it's just... i don't even know. i just *weep* whenever i read it, it's so beautiful. oh how i love pippin, and oh how i love this song. sweet sam gamgee's gardening rake. **goes back to read it yet again**
Hippy Hobbit chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
Oh my goodness...
That is all I have to say. That poem was breathtaking.
~Hippy
pippin fan chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
i don't know who i am writing to but that poem was very touching! i really liked it , good read must have taken you a long time to write !
wish i could write like that
pippin fan
scotland.
Xena chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
I loved this Lay so much from Baylor's story, I've gone back many times to read it again. It tells the story of his life so remarkably well, and the rhyming simply amazes me. Every time I read this, I feel like I'm reading about a great hero, much like Sam said, yet it's about "our" Pippin. I loved every word of this, it's one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever read. Wonderful Lay!
Patty chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
Bravo! This is lovely. Poetry speaks in a special way thank you!
Elena Tiriel chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Very, very nice, LLinos! I don't usually read poetry - it doesn't often "speak" to me - but this does... Thank you for sharing it with us!
Sakura123 chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
That was the longest and Poetic poem I've ever read. I figured when it said "Poetry" I figured it was gonna be one of those skimpy short ones, but boy was I wrong. Hehehe... Good one, It was very thoughtfull and it sounded as if Tolkien would Have written something like this, but if he did you wouldn't be writing would ya? lol.
No offense.
Sakura123
Lindelea1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
I think I told you when the chapter was first posted, how much I love this poem. Such a labour, and what a reward to those who waited for its completion!
Would you mind terribly adding a teeny tiny footnote or something to translate:
"Mel tithen fileg, al-revia thar-taur"
for those of us who are ignorant and speak only the more modern languages... I suspect it's elvish? If it's Welsh I could ask dh to translate, but I have a gut feeling it is not.
After all, after you you were so clever as to fit it into the rhyme scheme-it would be nice to know what it means! (Dh spouts Welsh poetry sometimes... beautiful, but incomprehensible.)