Reviews for En Passant
sorcerousfang chapter 1 . 2/27
I think simple is an underappreciated element when it comes to fan fiction. I really enjoyed this, especially your insight into Himiko's vulnerability and her awareness of it, and making use of her trained sense of smell to characterize Jackal. The only thing I feel the need to point out is that the slit in his hat is something that occurs after they have known each other for a while (though I really enjoyed the way you described the view through it).

Thanks for writing!
gasoline part of my pen chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
kinda boring...oh wait...it is
pandora505 chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
That was uber-licious, if you'll pardon the rather the strange word. This is easily one of the best things I've ever read. Congrats _
tesuka- chan chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Interesting. They're both in character and the scene is very appropriate. Great use of words, and the flow of the story is smooth. Really good writing!
I sense that they exchanged more than words. There's this feeling that they communicated with each other more than verbally, and in some ways, they understand. Not really like, but understand. Nice.
Well, keep it up! Write more soon! Ja! _
Aerlyn chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
Just beautiful. An amazing use of the language...and a very creative perspective on the meeting of the two couriers. Great job! _
lizalou42 chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
Hello incandescens,
Any thoughts of going on with this? If no, that's totally understandable, as these two characters have degrees of elusiveness about them, the joint tale surrounding them should be as well. But it would be just as interesting to do a study into their second meeting... first job... etc...
Enjoyed reading the details. I am especially atuned to descriptions of smell as, for me, those are some of the hardest to pin-point in their importance.
Kazune chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
VERY interesting story - I really loved how you wrote it. You have such a lovely writing style and each word just captured my attention. And THAT is impressive - I usually can't pay attention to anything. I practically have ADD. _~
Great job on the story, keep up the great work!