Reviews for Midwinter
spiritstallion chapter 11 . 1/9/2009
I really enjoyed this story.
Manyearslater chapter 11 . 12/24/2008
Although the story is six years old it was still a true joy to read it. A good warming story, although it appears you have written your last story here in 07, here's hoping to the continuation of many great stories. -A happy reader reading before the day of Christmas eve 2008
nautika chapter 11 . 3/29/2005
Oh, my. I was reading this to feel better before I went to sleep and now you've made me cry. I guess the title of the last chapter was a pretty good clue it would be sad, but I didnt really think it would be since they'd already died. You did really well with that part especially, but I really enjoyed it all. I dont see many fics where Faramir interacts with Gimlil and Legolas like this!
Jazzcat chapter 2 . 3/17/2005
I had to say that, once again, I loved this story, even though Aragorn was much meaner here than in real life. Easy to see why he triggered the hot buttons of Faramir - I mean, Aragorn was acting just like Denethor! Aragorn did make up for it, though, later on, in his typical endearing fashion.

I always hated Denethor. 8-)

I sent you an email reply, but sometimes AOL doesn't let my messages get through; so let me know if you didn't get it. In the meantime, I posted my Miriel: Princess of Rohan story! The direct link is:

Blessings, and TTYL!

Jazzcat
Jazzcat chapter 11 . 3/10/2005
THAT was a wonderful story. I always hated Denethor too, and it was because of his behavior towards Faramir that I disliked him with such intensity. It almost got Faramir killed, in the book and the movie both! David Wenham almost made me cry at that one part in the movie, where Denethor seems to care not if Faramir dies... and I DO NOT CRY. :-)

Hated Denethor worse in the movie than the book, though.

I loved, in this fanfic, how Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas got along like best buds. Legolas was wonderful in this story, taking such good care of Faramir like that, bless his pointed ears! You know what made Faramir have such a bad reaction to Aragorn? Aragorn was unwittingly acting like Faramir's father, and poor Faramir could not help but transpose the image of Denethor onto one who was a far worthier man than Denethor ever was.

I'm just glad it turned out all right in the end.

Hey, write more stuff soon. I like your style and your ideas both.

Blessings!

Jazzcat

P.S. If you've checked my profile, you'll see I haven't authored any stories on FFN yet, but that will change in about a week or so. I have a big one that I just finished and I'll begin posting it when I'm all ready.
Captain Pagie chapter 11 . 2/26/2005
Sorry, I know this is like, what, your first story? But I saw it, and I was like "I gotta read this!" so I did! Omg I was almost crying in some parts! That was so sad! (Faramir's my favorite charachter, so I enjoyed it even more)

And I also noticed that all your other stories have Faramir in them! So in honor of the ONLY person I have EVER known that ALL their stories have Faramir in it...

*rummages around desk knocking over books, papers,pens,pencils,hair ties,and my cellphone*

Aha! *prys a purple post-it off the desk*

Here you -, wait a sec...

*erases V-Ball Practice at 6:00, and writes 'Faramir Award'*

Now, here you go! And now, I am off to clean off my floor and put it all on my desk again!

Rock on!

LiL Pippin Padfoot

*Representin Wilson, our school's V-Ball**
geegi chapter 11 . 2/20/2005
Well, I can obvoselly tell that your favorite character from lotr is Farimir. ( how did i know! ;) ) i am very impressed by your writing, you truly have a unmistakable talent. No doubt. Keep writing.

As for me, I am currently writing 2 fanfics. the first is a lotr and is titled The Last Battle. the second is a hp which is called Beneath the Darkness. Both of these i hope you enjoy. Let me knwo what you think of them.

geegi
lindahoyland chapter 11 . 9/27/2004
Thank you so much for your very kind review of my story,I thought I'd check out your work and am glad I did as I enjoyed this very much as you have a keen insight into Faramir's character.I will add you to my alerts list
LadyDeb1970 chapter 11 . 9/11/2004
What a lovely story! After ROTK, Faramir took Aragorn's place as my favorite. While I do still adore Aragorn, I could understand him having a hard time understanding Faramir in the beginning.
Rosie26 chapter 11 . 5/26/2004
Wow! I really can't believe how young you are..you are so talented. I just read all the story in one hit. Goodness knows what kind of fiction you'll be writing in ten years time. Oh yes, and it's a lovely story as well. :)
shireling chapter 11 . 3/29/2004
Wow!
What a great story.
I love your characterisations...even Aragorn when he was being less than understanding.
Faramir and Aragorn both had so much to come to terms with. This will definately be on my list of stories to read over and over.
Helen
Orangeblossom Took1 chapter 11 . 2/9/2004
What a lovely story. My dear Faramir. *sigh*
Erestor chapter 11 . 1/12/2004
Ah yes, end it on a happy note. *cries some more*
Erestor chapter 10 . 1/12/2004
Now everyone's happy! Faramir has his book back. Everyone's friends again. So sweet. *bursts into tears*
Erestor chapter 9 . 1/12/2004
I love the way everything ties together.