Reviews for Tales From the House of the Moon
NanneroftheWE chapter 42 . 9/3/2016
I really enjoyed your story! Thanks for sharing! :)
KatanaDoshi chapter 1 . 8/21/2016
Actual quote from me as I read this in my empty apartment: "shit yo, better buckle up. Already crying an I ain't even finished the prologue ."
19crf chapter 42 . 8/6/2016
I'M WEEPING. I have never cried this much over a story.

I never write reviews. Yet this story deserves one this time, holy crap. Resmiranda, you may or may not ever read this (10 years after you finished this gem, wow), but if you do, thank you for this. **THANK YOU**

The plot was so interesting. The characters and their emotions seemed so true and genuine to themselves. And this journalism student absolutely worships the treasure that is your writing.

My favorite show on Adult Swim years ago. Aw. Your story's theme of the effect of time upon the characters absolutely ripped me to shreds. Our old friend (my favorite character from the series) that shows up around Ch 16/17 along with later events with them and our heroine really got the waterworks going for me. This story just means so much more if you watched Inuyasha/were an obsessive fan like me in the past.

Overall, this story has touched me. Reading this rekindled my love for this series and brought back many memories. I loved this so much, every chapter, and though I'm bummed I finished it, I'm so happy I discovered it and a brilliant writer. Thank you again.
PrettyWithAPistol chapter 42 . 8/2/2016
I'm curiously at a loss for words...in the best way.
This tale, by its end, grew into something far beyond my initial expectations. I remember coming across mentions of it here and there (eg. DeviantArt, etc.), back when I was actively engaged with the fandom, but I never got around to reading it, as I did not ship this pair.
I'm happy to say you've certainly done an excellent job at making me reconsider that.

True, the tone jumped around a bit in the beginning - despairingly heavy for a while before becoming almost starkly humorous (in comparison) and nearly disjointed. Yet, considering this story was published over the course of three years, it's understandable that the writing evolved several times over before the end - that aside, fanfiction is a particular sort of...literature that draws the best of its entertainment value from delving into all kinds of extremes - the desired scenarios that tantalize our curiosity, how our favorite characters would respond to such unsuspecting events, and so forth. For that, you just about covered every base - I'm sure I died a thousand times over with the unbelievable constrasts and ironies your Sesshoumaru insisted on establishing, much less your enjoyably unrestrained and self-deprecating Kagome.

But - when I wasn't pawing yeah through a bit of purple prose or occasionally wishing for a little more economy with words - I was riveted. Overall, the sincere roots and the profound wishes and desires were what held me. The plot and characters were enriched because of how lovingly you tended their personal realms - the echoes of their histories, the immediacy of their present selves, and the whispers of the possible futures. It is no wonder this tale is so beloved.

Thank you, dearly, for sharing. I wish you all the best on any endeavors from here on ~
Alex
PrettyWithAPistol chapter 17 . 7/28/2016
This story is unbelievably entertaining - at first, I thought it would be a more solemn, but very deep and profound drama. And then, it tumbles into something of another dimension - one of wit, a dose of reality, perfect misfortune, and marvelously hilarious cynicism. I admit, the rationalizing of certain aspects of the plot is a little questionable at times, but it's still well worth the read.

And my, while I guessed it would involve a certain paramour of her past, at the first mention of "mountain dog", that didn't prepare me at all for immense build-up and strong nostalgia when he appeared. He makes the perfect sort of contender for her affection - the perfectly balanced love triangle. In fact, I find myself almost favoring him and their history (oh, the possibilities for the ways they could catch up) ~
Perhaps it is just the novelty of his character with a desirable impression, as I've always been a Sesshoumaru fan through and through. So, then, I would have to credit my strong opinion and attachment to the idea to your clever writing. Anyway, onward!
chicaalterego chapter 6 . 7/26/2016
Wow! That is such an awesomely ironic turn... Ah, shit, indeed XD
chicaalterego chapter 3 . 7/26/2016
Noooo! Do not go away Seshoumaru-sama!
chicaalterego chapter 1 . 7/26/2016
So moving!
Guest chapter 42 . 7/24/2016
I love the reunion. It was great. I cried and mom was like why are you crying. I just kept blubbering se-se-sesshomaru and ka-kagome, so be-bea-beautiful. And she just shook her head and said you and those stupid fanfictions.
Guest chapter 31 . 7/24/2016
Man this is painful to read lol I thought it was rated m but I guess not. Good story but my goodness it's killing me.
rebekkaedelstein chapter 42 . 7/19/2016
Oh lord, I have been destroyed by this, my heart. My soul, only my body remains
Nikki1212 chapter 42 . 7/12/2016
I don't know if you still get messages for your reviews but god this was so beautiful. I cried, I tensed, I yearned and I couldn't put his down.

Thank you for writing this.

13 years from when you started it, and 10 from when it ended, 20 more will pass and I will remember this.
Caroline chapter 42 . 7/4/2016
This story was absolutely beautiful. Amazingly written.
Q chapter 4 . 6/28/2016
Well I am in tears and have a wobbly chin from trying not to sob.
TheWickedNeverRe chapter 5 . 6/28/2016
Ok, so I don't usually leave a review or comment and I'm not a cry-it-out type of person but I'm sitting here reading this trying to not cry with my throat tight and I'm amazed... I've been crying out "How could you?"s and "Why?"s and then I thought what an amazing person to have touched my cold soul and heart and played them like a harp. You are truly gifted. I shall continue reading and I won't need hope because I know if it ends in the way I do or don't want it to I will be content.
4,909 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »