Reviews for Tales From the House of the Moon
ReginaLucifer chapter 11 . 4/16/2004
Hehe! I love this story! You have a real knack for making stories really depressing! I can't wait for the next chapter! :)
Of Memories Past chapter 11 . 4/16/2004
Loved this, especially Sesshoumaru's whole attitude when he woke up. It's nice to get inside of his head, and you went about it in a really wonderful way. Lol...I can definitely see this turning into a Seshoumaru/Kagome fic. She's lonely, he's lonely, and they share a past together. I know that you could pull it off wonderfully. But it is up to you. I know that whatever you decide will turn out great. Loved it, loved it, loved it, and I'm looking forward to more.
~Wren
GeoFount chapter 11 . 4/16/2004
Ah this story is awful yet so good at the same time! I feel SO sorry for Sesshoumaru and Kagome, its so sad and horrible but the story and everything else is wonderful. I don't know whether to be happy or sad or what LOL.
I love the way you're portaying the two characters emotions and the Kikyou resemblance was a very imaginative idea. No other author I know has made the comparision when Kagone gets sad or depressed for a long time over something.(myself included.)
Hrm I wonder where Sesshoumaru is going to go. I kinda hope you don't make him fall for the Princess. I can maybe see him with Kagome or Rin but other human's really don't match him.
hanyou-elf chapter 11 . 4/16/2004
great chapter... again!
i can't wait for kagome and sesshoumaru to get back together... and did you promise some annoying behavior betwixt the two? YAY! i can't wait for that! it sounds so promising!
*pouting* i miss inuyasha but i guess that i can deal with that. you have such a wonderful story going on so far that i can handle inuyasha not being her... *wipes tear away*
i love how you made Mrs. H so realistic about the whole going through the well thing, that was really good. and i like how fluffy feels about the House and i can't wait to find out what his adventures lead him to... it sounds very promising!
wonderful story, wonderful chapter and please update soon! .
Bikutoria chapter 11 . 4/16/2004
Dude, what a nifty way to show the internal changes in Kagome - reflect them on the outside AND twist it up with a little Kikyo-reminiscing. Awesome.
10 years, wowza. And for him to live in a place he wanted to destroy, each and every day? This guys got so many scars it's hard to imagine him even being able to heal. I think my favorite line was, "Sesshoumaru stared at the wall that he didn’t hate and waited for Myouga to make his appearance."
Myouga put a smile on my face, and it stayed there all the way through the chapter. I love that little flea. I know I've said it before, but I've always loved repeating myself: I love how you're utilizing Myouga.
Thanks for update, lady!
shadow of reality chapter 10 . 4/15/2004
i truely belive this is one of the most provocative stories i've found here. the way you've woven the plot, the way sesshoumaru has been brought low only to rise again. I find sesshoumaru's character in your story Brilliantly portraied, kagome's character makes perfect sense to me. I just can't wait for the next chapter. this is a wonderfull story, i even love the title
Megami no Hikari1 chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
This story is excellent. It feels like it's been ages since I discovered a genuinely creative and attention grabbing story. Keep up the good work and the updates. I look forward to another installment.
euphorbic chapter 10 . 4/12/2004
Your chapter seven saw improvement on Amaya. The background info wasn't necessary, but her behavior was more individual. On that note, Hatore seemed to be a deep side character, but not so interesting that a reader would want to know more. That's difficult to pull off and probably the best that can be hoped for. He draws out Sesshoumaru's character without having his sacrificed. Big improvement.
I didn't really notice until chapter eight, the complicated nature of most of your sentences. There are often too many ideas in your sentences, which can make them hard to read without back-tracking.
I think eight is both your best and worst chapter. Best because it is a very energetic and enjoyable, worst because after a while, I couldn't stop noticing the word 'and'. I don't like to bring up grammar, because grammar is the last thing you really need to worry about. Stick your editor with grammar, since that's all they're really good for (generally). However, the run-ons, while helping to increase the momentum of the reading, also began to push your story from gripping to the repetitive and over-dramatic.
Action can be very fun to write (I love to), but I think it is sometimes hard to convey the action without going overboard on making the reader *feel* the action. Your voice is usually pretty strong in your writing, but in eight, it was a bit too strong. Your writing sounded like how you might actually talk. Your style really deviated in that chapter.
There were many good points, too. Sesshoumaru's father's line, 'No joy' dovetails nicely with what Kagome said about Sesshou not finding happiness in revenge. Good job. There are more than a couple instances where you play with language. Those turns of phrase and word plays are usually excellent and nicely intriguing (the running through castle and corpses one is the only one you've used that I haven't cared for, the rest are brilliant). Your use of language is always appealing.
Kagome's disaffectedness is interesting, realistic, and very insightful. It really reminds me of re-entry culture shock, which is experienced when returning to a home environment after an extended period in a different country and/or culture. It is perfectly natural for her to feel she doesn't belong, because huge parts of her life are not shared by either group she's familiar with (her family in the current time is totally apart from her feudal friends, and vice versa). The biggest part of her life is denied her home environment. She's experienced something nobody else in the world (as far as we know) has ever experienced. In that experience, yes, Kagome is utterly alone. I could dwell on things that would help her, but I'm enjoying your story without trying to influence any outcomes.
Not much to say about the interlude, as it was, by all appearances, the beginning of a new arc in your story. I was a little disconcerted by the title, because you used princess and prince in the title, but only one was in Japanese. _Hime to Inu-Ouji_ or _The Princess and the Dog Prince_ would be more consistent.
I don't usually write such long reviews, nor give more constructive criticism than encouragement. However, you seem to desire an unbiased review. If I can help, it satisfies me. At any rate, with over one hundred reviews, I'm sure you're getting plenty of fan-boy/girl squeeing as encouragement.
[on a fannish note: I think you deserve points for mentioning Kouhaku (makes me feel maternal), using Myouga, and flashing back to Seshoumaru's two-tailed daddy. go you.]
GeoFount chapter 10 . 4/11/2004
Dang this story is awesome. The battle scene and aftermath with Sesshoumaru was so well done. The flashbacks of him with his father were awesome; it didn't disrupt the story at all and flowed with it. The last ending paragraphs were aboslutely wonderful and really pulled at my heart strings. Poor Kagome and Sesshoumaru just can't get a break lol.
Sapphire-StarLight chapter 10 . 4/10/2004
Hopefully its not as it seems! that would be weird to have Sess something to a father, and not w/Kag. nice chapter though! update soon!
X-with stars chapter 10 . 4/10/2004
aw he didnt have ears, oh well ;) tails are cute too
sashlea chapter 10 . 4/10/2004
I hope you don't mind too much but we like long stories (especially if the story is good!).
Aeryrie chapter 10 . 4/9/2004
Hallo again! Chapter 8 was a stunner. I could feel the tears in the back of my throat everytime Sesshoumaru heard the voice of his father while he was fighting. The internal monologue (lecture?) contrasted very well with the fighting; it never got confusing, and instead, I thought it was a very well done counterpoint. As for the interlude...what's up with this Machiko? I couldn't help but be extremely suspicious of this...and there's always the worry about reincarnations. poor Kagome! I loved the satellite comparison - I kept on picturing Kagome as Sesshoumaru's modern day fairy godmother, but doomed to pick up after him. Thanks for the copious update!
FizziWig chapter 10 . 4/9/2004
i love way you descride sesshoumaru's thoughts as he moves through the battle. it was great how you intertwined the present and the flash backs so easily. these two chapters were real good. i really hope kagome and sess get together. i feel so bad for kagome... she gets all the crap dumped on her and she never gets to be happy... update soon... and thanks for updating not one but two chapters!
Of Memories Past chapter 10 . 4/9/2004
Oh, is this going to be Sess/Kag? I'm looking forward to their reactions to each other if they meet again.
~Wren