Reviews for Not For Pride Alone
TimeturnerJasmy chapter 3 . 6/14
This is so badass. :D
PSW chapter 5 . 9/10/2015
Another enjoyable story! Thanks for writing!
Hellga chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
A grimmer view of Dunedain than most fics, but a very interesting read...
Glory Bee chapter 5 . 12/21/2011
Really enjoyed this piece of Silmarillion history, a wonderful Glorfindel story and I was very happy to see Imrazor in your story who surely acted more like a King than did Earnur. Nice father-son relationship between Glorfindel and Lindir. :)
chisscientist chapter 5 . 5/26/2008
This is really well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The juxtaposition of the hobbits and the elves worked well, especially given their position relative to Earnur's forces.
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
Wonderful story! Definitely a fav! ~Ila
queenieb chapter 5 . 2/7/2005
An extraordinary mix of drama, humor, joy, and angst. The characters are all faithfully portrayed, faithful also is the your adherence to the canon, which this story wonderfully enhances. Wonderful!
Ren chapter 5 . 1/4/2004
I loved this chapter! The hobbits are so..hobbity! :P Adorable! Especially loving the scene between Glorfindel and Lindir.
kat chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Nice fic. Begetting Day was my favorite. Wouldn't mind reading another fic concerning the bonds between Glorfindel and Lindor as father and son.
Itarille chapter 5 . 12/31/2003
Wonderful story. I liked the strong foreshadowing throughout. Good portrayal of the hobbits.
Hellga chapter 5 . 12/30/2003
Another great chapter. I love the way it all comes together, and have only a couple nitpicks (as a proud founder of Elven Unit of the Protectors of Plot Continuum).
- Sindarin for "golden lord" is actually Malchîr or Hîrval, due to soft mutation (lenition) in compound nouns. While normally in Sindarin an adjective follows the noun, it compound nouns adjectival roots can go either before or after the nounal roots, so you have your choice here.
- Nárello just doesn't sound like Quenya to me. If you meant "Fiery" it would rather be Nárion or Nármo (possibly Nárëmo). And it would be a bit more logical for him to have been called by a Sindarin name, as it became the vernacular of Gondolin, and Noldor, with keen sense of language, changed their names so that they would agree with the flow of their speech.
Erestor chapter 5 . 12/30/2003
Great ending! I think Erestor is just great and I love the relationship he and Glorfindel have. As for the hobbits, I guess that according to the Book they don't return, which is very sad, because I liked them a lot. And I really enjoyed the reaction Glorfindel's 'men' had to his declaration. How funny to think of them standing in the courtyard in the rain! Good job.
Ren chapter 4 . 12/27/2003
Great chapter as usual. But this isn't the end is it?I didn't see 'THE END' so I was just wondering..I hope it's not the end...I absolutely love where this story has gone, and where it might ..
Hellga chapter 4 . 12/27/2003
Your story is absolutely delightful, I would even say delicious. So true to canon, with such vivid, crisp images, and even humour. Poor Ecthelion indeed, I wonder what pranks have Glorfindel and his friends been punished for when they were little, or not so little.
I found your characterization of Earnur also very interesting, in part because I would never judge him in this way. I can see where you are coming from, and it is a very interesting alternative.
Thanks for writing such a wonderful story. *hugs* *goes off to read more*
Ren chapter 3 . 12/27/2003
Loved this! Love the hobbits, and Glorfindel blushing! hehehe...
I also especially love how you fleshed out the bare facts that Tolkien gave us.