Reviews for From the Ashes or Merry Christmas, Chang Wufei
Rochan01 chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
A bit late to review perhaps, but we're coming around to another holiday season, so what the heck. charmingly bittersweet, lovely ending. :-)
123dsad chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
that was so great.
crozo-bobo chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
I love this it was really great. Unusual pairing but it worked well!
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
I love this fic, I like how you've portrayed everyone. You've portrayed Noin very well, I never was convinced that any relationship between her and Zechs would work but she would heartbroken for a day or two but I am always certain she would most certainly bounce back and be the Noin we all know and love. Noin will find the strength to move on.
This is a pairing I haven't seen much and Wufei strikes me as not being a bad old stick once you get to know him.
This is a wonderful fic, very top quality.
Chibi Princess Lucrezia Noin chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
i love this
Airen2 chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
Cute I never thought I like this pairing. I just read it out of curosity. If all stories are written this well it may become a very popular pairing.
Chloe Peacecraft chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
Yay! Thank you so, so much for posting this fic! I honestly thought no one else was ever going to explore this pairing...
How do I like this fic? Let me count the ways...
You had me right at the opening sentence, with the whole "this is not one of those happy-happy-joy-joy Christmas stories". There's nothing quite like a Grinch getting the shock of his life...
I loved the real-world dialogue you used, and the fact that you made Noin sound like an intelligent, witty, independent person who's all about moving forward with her life, instead of the heartbroken soul that she's often portrayed as. I loved that she's wise, and real, and has no problem interacting and working with Zechs, even as he's moved on to a different relationship.
You did a fabulous job capturing a brand-new relationship growing from pretty well the grounds up, with all the complicated, awkward stuff that goes along with it. And I love the fact that you made them respect each other first, then get to know each other as friends, before you even introduced any physical chemistry (which, by the way, I believe there to be no shortage of!)
The Wuffer is a hard guy to get to know, and I like that you kept that very true throughout the story. He's not one to get all mushy, and his expressive abilities match those of a teaspoon at times, but when he cares about someone, it's for good, and his actions always speak louder than his words. There are many stories out there where it's happily ever after, and the characters end up changing their entire personalities around as a result of love (Guilty, your honour... just take a read at my Family Man, if you want to see a prime example of that love-conquers-all fluff...), but you managed to keep it all very grounded. Wufei is not going to become Mr. Sunshine-n-Snuggles; he just needs someone who "gets him", so that he doesn't have to use words to express every single thing he feels. The rainbow and the myth of the phoenix were the perfect example of that.
Extra gold stars to you for the other Alternate-Pairing coolness. Hilde and Trowa was very cute, and Zechs/Cathy is intriguing to say the least... And even the whole plot twist with Duo and Sally, who in this fic comes out as the classic "wrong girl for the guy", makes total sense in light of their personalities.
Overall, this fic knocked my socks off, and totally inspired me to take my own experiment further and explore CWxLN in more depth. Looking very forward to more of your works...
Chloe
Chibi Tsuki chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
Sweet fic. The plot and the ideas in it were very unique. An original fic. I hope I can hear more from you.
reboo chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
this was awesome, I've never seen this pairing before, but I loved it.
chibi noin chapter 1 . 12/14/2003
'Under Rug Swept' by Chloe Peacecraft is implied 5x9!
hehe, "Defeated, by a woman…and a weak woman at that...Chang Wufei, you’re getting soft." ah, that's the guy we all know!
i may be a 6x9 fan, but this is very good! keep it up!
~ c.n. .
Missy chapter 1 . 12/14/2003
its about time someone made a 5-9 fic!i like it its very good!KEEP WRITING!