Reviews for Tralalalally
Antidaeophobia chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
The song in the Hobbit was horrid in my opinion, drunkeness is the only way to explain it. I swear, that part of the book was like in a Disney movie when the whole frikkin town breaks out into song and dance. *cringes*
Ms. Scarlett Evans chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
In a word I would as:-Mad, mad. Evil, Apocalypse. Good, funny...*Callapses in giggles*
tonraq chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
I always did wonder why they sang like that in The Hobbit...they seemed so out of character. Nice story, made me laugh like a fool.
Tziporah chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
Yay, funny drunken elves, that reminds me of a fic i read and legolas got drunk on grape juice (dont ask) anyway

Thingol examined the toes of his soft boots as if they might contain the secrets of life, the universe, and everything

funny line and if i'm not mistaken from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (at least the life the universe and everything part) so did his boots have the number 42 written all over them
kingmaker chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
LOL! You've explained quite a lot about that goofy song. It's hard to imagine elves getting quite that wasted, but I think you picked the right group of elves to consume that much booze. Loads of absolutely hilarious lines in here, but "It was time to start brewing hangover cures using the entire Hall of Fire as the cauldron" is perhaps the best. Very fun story.
alena chapter 1 . 12/16/2003
A drunken Melian...Oh, just too beautiful for words. I loved all the "catching-up" that she and Thingol were so busily engaged in.
"It was time to start brewing hangover cures using the entire Hall of Fire as the cauldron."
*worships, as always*
S. P. Ratt chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
How can you write this? You are so good... and you devote yourself to this... and I love you for it... but how can you so meticulously (well, in your own way...) follow Tolkien's universe? I luveth oo for it, of course. None of my friends comprehend the true beauty that is Ea untampered and let be as Tolkien envisioned it. So it's a relief to read the writing of one who clearly understands the general feel and sticks much closer to Tolkien than others.
I thought that your explanation for the singing of the elves of Rivendell that was so happy and joyful in The Hobbit, and then the elves that were so much more sombre and serious in The Lord of the Rings was absolutely brilliant. My only question is: What are Elu Thingol and Melian doing there? How did they get there? Why did they happen to drop by just as Bilbo was passing by? And how come the meeting of Olorin and Melian (which surely counts as significant) wouldn't have gotten into The Hobbit?
The rest of it works so well (or very well as far as I can tell) that I can't just let these... minor... details slip by unnoticed. A short explanation would be nice. A story about Thingol and Melian reunited would be nice. I'm not really expecting any sort of reply, though.
I hope that you write more Tolkien stuff soon. I look forward to reading and reviewing it. ;
May thou walk in the light of the Holy Radish and may the Penguin King look kindly upon thy path. Ahem.
Written by S. P. Ratt.
Edited by Tilly Blue; Fairy Penguin and Secretary to S. P. Ratt the Colorful and Wise.
escapistone chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
"Don’ worry, Elros. We were jus’ drunk. I am sure they knew that."
*G* I don't know why that seemed so funny (Even with the Estel knapsack) But it did :)