Reviews for Time of Perils: Of Origins and Invasions
Martial Arts Master chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
There aren't enough words to describe what sheer GENIUS this fic is! You explain EVERYTHING! Why Grams Bear didn't appear in the second movie...why, in the first movie, the Care Bears and Cousins didn't know each other...where the Great Wishing Star came from...where the villains came from...even where Hugs and Tugs came from! Any fan who ever had a question about the movies could just read the fics that came before this, and then this fic, and find a plausible answer. I actually did try to figure out the number code...but it turns out to have no meaning. Oh, and I actually got the Cthulhu reference by sheer coincidence: my former school did plays about Cthulhu at one point. I'm sorry to say I never read the book. Anyway, this is genius...sheer genius.
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
[...unWARP!]
Good evening.
Well, that certainly was complex. Interesting weaving of multiple legends, much more complicated than a hand-written fanfic I did long long ago in a galaxy far far away, lol. Excellent skills, Sun!
Check out my stories here on ffn!
Until next time, remember:
I AM THE J.A.M.
Good evening.
[WARP!]
Phoenix Audubon chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
Phew...even with reading a great deal of this before now, it's still a bit exhaustive. While your attention to background information for most of the cast is commendable, it drew out this piece quite a bit. Relevant? Most of it, yes, but I can't help but think that if it could have been abridged, it might not be too verbose for some.
Having said all that, this is a great work. The strategies are well-defined and keeping the audience informed on both sides' actions are just two of this piece's finer points.
Oh, and just as a footnote: The only work by Ayn Rand I've read is "The Fountainhead". Also a long read, but a great story.
P.S. Checkmate Warren performing improvisational karaoke! Methinks he should just stick to game theory... _