Reviews for The Mysterious Sword Wielding Monk
Anon chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
Sano and Kenshin are nine years apart (the dates don't match up, for some reason, though. Look it up, Sano is supposed to be 19, right? Kenshin, 28? If that's so, then they are nine years apart. But Sano is said to be born in 1860 while Kenshin was in 1849. THIS DOESN'T ADD UP. WTF? It became a distance of eleven!) If Sano is supposed to be nine, Kenshin is only eighteen (going by 9 years apart)(20 otherwise)(Captain Sagara is a decade older than Kenshin), and even when he was twenty-eight, people mistook him for a kid of about a decade younger (as he never really appears aged, same as Hiko). Yahiko and Misao commented on this..
Kenshin wouldn't been seen as an outright man and instead a youngster whose gender may've been questionable if you hadn't Monk-ified him and hacked his hair off (which was going to be symbolic when he cut it at the end of the series, but.). He could've cut, dyed, or hidden it, or all of the above.. shaving it in a monk move seems really strange and implies he's completely given up the Hiten Mitsurugi style rather than using it to help people; a complete overhaul..

Also, a pet peeve of mine, they aren't bald if they are still capable of growing a full head of hair. The proper term is "shaved" and it's noticeable if one still has a hairline. Tons of fanficcers do this, and I hate it. xC
Queen Emily the Diligent chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
I love this! These type of stories i love! And very well-written. I thought it was kind of cool that you shaved Kenshin's head, but that would make sense because he had taken a vow. heehee a bald Kenshin! That makes me laugh!
MattoidNeko chapter 2 . 5/26/2011
I love this story! But there is one thing that totally annys me about it. KENSHIN IS BALD? You could have just made him dye his hair black you know...
w- easy enough chapter 3 . 1/14/2009
_ That was cute.
Kenshin's Soul chapter 3 . 6/21/2007
*blinks at the year it was written* Whoaa...is it really that long ago? *sigh* I miss Rurouni Kenshin when it was on TV.

Anyway, I love the AU shift from the manga. I mean Kenshin meeting Sano before instead of after like in the manga.

"Sano-chan" is so cute. _ Sano's reacting just like Yahiko's "I'm not little!" *giggle*

I give it a A for the originality! I even faved too.
WolfDaughter chapter 3 . 6/8/2007
Aww, I love it! The interaction between Sano, Kenshin, and Sagara in the first couple of chapters was awesome. I thought you kept them very well characterized. I also liked the way you portrayed Kenshin as having to battle the instincts honed over years of fighting and hiding. Very nice! Loved the last chapter too. The acknowledgment of the past interaction while still keeping it pretty canon was well done and rather cute.
kamimika chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
kenshin's hair! shaved! what has he ever done to you? TT_TT *faints*
senbi chapter 3 . 5/3/2005
Tripped over this story, liked it. Loved the interaction between Sagara, Kenshin and young Sano, very nicely done. Liked the attempted welcome that backfired on poor Sano.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 10/10/2004
I really enjoyed this story. One of the best stories for the wandering years that I have read!
PattyBones chapter 3 . 2/9/2004
So far every story I have read is very good. This one is no exception. Please keep up the good work.
AnimeOrange chapter 2 . 1/27/2004
How could you shave off his hair! His beautiful red hair! I will not forgive you! However, good story.
Suzuka Blade chapter 3 . 1/16/2004
That was so cool!
*hands writer a Sanosuke Sagara e-plushie*
Enjoy!
Jessi Tsuki chapter 3 . 1/13/2004
Aww! I liked it. Great job. I can't bare to imagine Kenshin bald though.
Night-Owl123 chapter 3 . 12/18/2003
LOL i like ur story... _
Angel chapter 3 . 12/18/2003
That was really good. It's like something that could actually happen in the show! Wow!