Reviews for Absolution
Ace's Shadow Girl chapter 3 . 11/7/2014
Aww. This was a really cute story. It just felt so real. Thank you!
A z a r i e l l e i chapter 3 . 6/19/2009
This was such a cute story! I *LOVE* Wakka x Rikku; it's one of my favorite FFX pairings. You did a great job developing Wakka and Rikku's "relationship," while keeping them completely in-character. Nice work with this! :)
Ame-chan chapter 3 . 5/12/2008
very nice! that was cute! I was looking for a fanfic like this and you blew me away! keep up the good work :3
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 3 . 11/28/2007
this was sweet and i was forced to "AW!" more than once!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 2 . 11/28/2007
very cute there at the end!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
this is really cute. it was so sad how nice he was to her in the game and completely disregarded her after he found out she was al bhed.
G.U.3.S.S chapter 3 . 3/17/2007
Now, you see, THIS is what I'm talking about! Wakka x Rikku is just so real; that they're a much more plausible, logical pairing. Not at all like Auron x Rikku. Seriously, he's old enough to be her father, and they have no significant interactions that'd leave room for a relationship other then platonic understanding. I honestly can't see why people pair them together in the first place. Crazy. Anyway, I absolutely adore what you've done for the Wakaa x Rikku Community. Very awe-inspiring.
Seymour's Girl chapter 3 . 12/17/2006
THis is damn sweet! I liked the ending, actually. Really awesome. Well done.
Vanyiah chapter 3 . 7/2/2006
I loved the story, it was different but it was still cool w Great job with the three chapters!
cirruscastle chapter 3 . 5/18/2006
I love the way that Rikku is stretegizing her flirtation with Wakka like it's a campaign during a war. Her smugness over her victory also amuses me as does the fact that she enjoys hearing her brother lectured. Hee.

I really like this phrase: "At the moment, she was besotted with the immediate future." It seems to fit this scene perfectly. I love the word play between Rikku and Yuna. Yuna is hesitant to tease but seems to be getting the hang of it.

I really enjoy the way that Rikku takes a little pride in maybe teaching Wakka some sneakiness in avoiding her. I love the way Rikku curses at the intercom and I enjoy her comments on Brother's driving immensely.

I like the way that Wakka is being seduced into liking machina as well as Rikku. That amuses me greatly. I love the reason why Wakka apologizes to Cid. Hee, he would have an ulterior motive.

I love that Wakka actually cconsider that they might not kill Sin and might end up oing down in history for being absolute fools. I like your explanation of why no one talks about that possibility as well. It isn't something you'd want to have in the back of your mind while enterting such an anormous fight as the one they're all taking on.

I aodre how Wakka is so very awkward about getting a kiss from Rikku for luck. He seems the type to me, very awkward and stumbling and clammy hands. Hee.

I find this very interesting: "There had to be some decree against this, some church ordinance that declared her mouth and skin an illegal substance. He wanted there to be, because he wanted to break another nothing-law from his nothing-God." I like the hint of defiance it displays in Wakka, but it also maybe hints at something more dangerous. Is being with Rikku *just* an act of defiance?

I really enjoy the little detail of a strand of hair in Wakka's ear. I like that you address the fact that kissing can sometimes be sligjhtly uncomfortable and awkward as opposed to trying to convince us that their kiss is full of sparkles and fireworks and awesome.

I like the way that Rikku and Wakka's relationship doesn't take off just instantly. I like the way she discusses going to Bikanel Island with him carefully and the way that he asks her out to dinner. Hee, too proper ad stiff Wakka. It amuses me the way you play Rikku's spontaneity off of his solemnness.

You do skip around a bit here and miss long chunks of time in your story, but I think that since this tale is essentially lighthearted one that you did make the right choice to cut out battles and things. I really enjoyed reading this. You write Rikku and Wakka very well. You have an interesting and sweet dynamic between them. Your dialogue is wonderful and I like the way you finished this off as an AU. I think that all of your ideas were quite plausible as alternate directions for the period following the game to take. I loved reading this.

Nitpicking:

" “It looks fine to me,” he said with a shrug, even though it didn’t, and leaned back against the wall to watch her brush out her hair." Add "he" between "and" and "leaned back."

"With another adjustment of her pack, so she could take a free up an arm without falling over backward, Rikku caught his larger hand up in her own and shook it." Omit "take a."
cirruscastle chapter 2 . 5/16/2006
I love Rikku's idea for how they should ideally get to Gagazet using Lulu's magic and I am amused that Kihmari, the Ronso agrees.

I like the ida of mana regeneration points. Heh, much more plausible than save points anyway. :) I enjoy the way that Rikku makes Wakka freezing cold by cuddling under his coat with him.

I like the way that Rikku has a feeling that something is wrong with Tidus too, even though he tries to pretend everything is fine.

I really enjoy the reactions of the various team members to the idea that they'll have to swim in the caverns of Mt Gagazet. I like the idea too that Wakka and Tidus adopt "let's blitz" as their own slang. It's cute and it shows a connection between them that I don't usually think of.

I like that Wakka is so pleased to be useful and busy that he doesn't mind the frigid water. I like that when Lulu arrives Wakka tries to pretend to be all virtuous. I like this moment of foolery and the fact that Yuna blushes and Auron just sternly clears his throat.

I love crazy Rikku's last ditch thought that she needs to kidnap Yuna, but even better than that I like how Wakka gets angry about the implication that he has done nothing to stop Yuna from following this path. I really enjoy the way you make him stand up for that connection he has with Yuna. I like the way Wakka is the one who makes Rikku see that her plan won't work at all. It's nice he gets to be the smart one for a change.

I like the detail that Yuna can't eat her dinner. Poor Yuna.

I think you did well to skip over the battle and go right back into the character interaction as that seems to be the point of your story more than anything else.

I like the way that Wakka is so numb about killing Yunalesca but that he does warm up a little at the thoght of Yuna being safe.

I like the way that Wakka defines his different types of attraction to women - the idea that some women are attractive just because they have beautiful bodies, but it doesn't mean he's interested in them in particular. I think you were quite insightful with that observation.

I love the way that Rikku catches him watching her and then is all arrogant. Hee.

I like that the way the two do finally have a small romantic interlude is completely casual and unlooked for. I love the way they both blush. I love how Wakka teases Rikku about drooling and snoring. I like the cute little comments about Operation Think of Rikku as a Sister. It's all just quite adorable and I enjoy it immensely.

Nitpicking:

"It was where Yuna and guardians were currently housed, when they were on board." Add "her" before "guardians."
cirruscastle chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
I love the way that thinks of brooding as a pointless activity and then realizes that he's going to anyway. I lve the way he itemizes the things that are bothering him.

I find Wakka's comfort in knowing the time and place of Yuna's death interesting. I think that it makes sense in the world of this game, yet it's oddly disturbing at the same time.

I adore the way that Auron gets grouchy when awoken by Wakka's shout and I love the way he snaps at Wakka.

I really like the way that Wakka compares Rikku to a cat. I like the way she casually tumbles out of bed becauseshe can't sleep and offers to take his watch. I like how she bristles when he protests and she thinks the wrong thing about his reasons.

I love how you desribe Wakka's intentions in comparing Home's destrcution to fireworks. That must have been just what he was thinking. I love how Wakka is so dead set against apologizing.

I like the way you described the battle a lot. Wakka's concern for the state of his innards was realistic and I like that he was touch enough to get back up and fight.

I like the way that Wakka takes Rikku healing him as a sign and the way he is so shy around her suddenly.

I really like the way you write Rikku's thoughts. I like the crazy idea of the catchy song that is putting Rikku on edge in time with everyone's breathing. I like the way she becomes obssessed with thoughts of forgiving Wakka and the way she starts noticing little things about him like his off-key voice.

I like that she hugs him to prove her forgiveness and make it less stiff and formal. Rikku seems like a very touchy feely type to me.

I think you've really written them both very well here and I look forward to more.

Nitpicking:

"All right, if he were going to brood, he’d do it thoroughly." Replace "were" with "was."

"There a pause, in which he could feel her quick, searching eyes on him, even though the thick shadows hid her exact expression." Add "was" between "there" and "a pause."
AuronLu chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
Why couldn't they have hired you to write the script for X-2?

You understand. Blast it, you understand. Wakka's such a decent and ordinary fellow, and Lu's her own one-woman power, which is just...not...quite...right... for him. Rikku made sense. Especially because of the ways Wakka had to grow and learn and change.

The comment about the hairs that just happened to be on his chin made me burst out laughing. A silly thing to notice, but, well, I so appreciate and envy good writing.
I Hear The Acid's lovely chapter 3 . 11/25/2005
aww this was so cute _ good job
Tacofoolio chapter 3 . 8/29/2005
Wonderful story! I think you did a great job with it! I enjoyed the entire thing.