Reviews for The Follower
moraco1 chapter 1 . 6/29
Keep it up...nice story
kalesnow chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
just check to see if there's new update... I'm optimistic and I'll keep that way!
EddieIrvine chapter 5 . 9/9/2012
I love the language! It seems to have a strange quieting power, maybe due to the abundant depictions of objects and natural beauties. For the rest, I am rather lame with words ... marvellous description of Maglor, exquisite conversations - almost like dancing, the skittish emotions of green youth, and back-to-reality jumps filled with poignancy ...
Nine years and an update is incredible! Wish you'd update again...
Quillslinger chapter 5 . 7/21/2012
I was quite astonished and delighted to see an update to this story after all these years. I don't know if I can hope for another in the near future, but whatever may come, I want you to know that you have here a loyal reader who often finds herself nodding fervently and sighing in deep contentment while reading your work.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 5 . 5/8/2012
How wonderful to see an update to this story after all these years! And it's a great update, too; you do a fine job ofdeftly sketching the characters of the various members of the Family Feanorion as seen through Fingon's eyes. I'm looking forward to finding out what Fingon's and Maedhros are getting up to on their journeys south.
finch chapter 5 . 4/28/2012
Interesting that you should update this just when started reading the odd Silmfic again after seven or eight years... Its still as good as it was all those years ago. I like your Maglor, rather different from how hes mostly depicted. Hopefully the next update wont take as long as this one!
Red Handed Jane chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
I read the first few chapters way back when and kind of fell in love with it. The writing and characterizations are perfect! I love the interactions. Seriously, it's one of the stories that's stuck in my mind forever and I still come back to re-read every so often. I was shocked and ecstatic to see that you'd updated. (though I was hoping you might, since you uploaded the story someplace else recently)

Anyway, loved this chapter as well. I'm both excited about them going off on their adventure and sad to see them leave since I love the brothers interactions. Can't wait for the next chapter.
A Reader chapter 5 . 4/14/2012
NINE YEARS! *bangs head against wall* Epic, to say the least. And epically good! I can't wait for more!
maglors harp chapter 5 . 4/14/2012
An update! *sings* How wonderful! I really hope you will continue with this story - it truly is a gem. :)

Gluttonous Meirene chapter 5 . 4/14/2012
I'm so happy to see this story updated! It seems I came into the LOTR/Silmarillion fandom at the right time too. :)))

The story is just so lovely. I love how the older Fingon sometimes pokes in in the narration. I'll be happy to just simply view Maedhros and Fingon's relationship as friendship but already there are already hints that they can be more (or they would be?)... but maybe that's the slash lover in me talking.

Thank you for the update!
toastedcheese chapter 5 . 4/13/2012
I was so excited to get an e-mail, via the account that I'd forgotten was still active, that you had updated this story! :) This is one of my favorite Silmarillion fics, and I was sorry to see it on hiatus.

Beautiful prose, and I really enjoy your depiction of the setting and the complex Feanorian family dynamic.
Puppet White chapter 4 . 2/13/2011
Wow, this story is impeccabley written!

I love how you wrote all the sons of Fëanor! Awesome!

Well, you have done such a wonderful job on this, that I don't have any critism! *applauds*

Please update again!
maglors harp chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Excellently written!
HC0 chapter 4 . 10/18/2009
This is a lovely story; a pity it has been left untouched for so long. Everybody is in character, your writing is spectacular, and the storyline proper is very engaging. If you /have/ discontinued it, may I at least ask why?
Oshun chapter 4 . 3/27/2007
Oh, my! What to say. I am utterly smitten and overwhelmed by this story. Admittedly, I have not been reading fanfiction for a very long time, but am still surprised that I did not find this story sooner. I came upon it in a very roundabout way. I first fell in love with Kasiopea’s illustration “Maitimo, Moryo, Findekano and Tyelkormo.” Her likenesses of these characters looked so much as I had imagined them. Then, after commenting to someone about how much I adored her picture, I was told that it is an illustration of your story “The Follower” and that if I had not read your story I surely ought to do so immediately. Well, I certainly was not disappointed. I love your characterization of both Maitimo and Findekano, although I was bowled over at how similar they are to the way that I have envisioned them in a series of stories which I am currently working on. (The first, which can be found at Hasa, is complete and is called “Maitimo and Findekano” is a three-chapter story set in Tirion before the creation of the Simarils and the second one, my current WIP is entitled “New Day” and is set after Findekano’s rescue of Maitimo from the cliffs of Thangorodrim.) I could have despaired when I read your story, but decided instead of feeling broken-hearted that someone had such a parallel conception of these characters long before me and has written it better than I likely ever can, that I should instead be happy that someone else’s vision is so compatible with the way that I see them. I very much appreciate your characterizations of the other sons of Feanor as well and find their home life and the entire environment that surrounds them totally convincing. (It is with some relief that I find my interpretation of the others—Macalaure, et al.—is farther from yours, although I adore yours and am willing to imagine them as you do for the purpose to appreciating your story and your world.) I do hope that you have not abandoned this story forever. It has been a long time since you have added to it. Would love if you would take a look at my stories. Could be, of course, that they will rub you totally the wrong way and go off in a direction that you would never imagine, but then maybe not. Sorry to go on and on—just so pleased and amazed at your writing. What a wonderful talent you have and this is such beautiful execution of a simply lovely imagining of these characters. I’m awed and delighted to have read this.

54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »