Reviews for Bonds of a Family
justawritier chapter 1 . 1/11
This was lovely. I too wish we had seen something like that.
Jess S1 chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Very, very touching. You captured all three characters very well, especially considering you were stuck within the confines of a single scene. I would've liked to see some of Eomer and Eowyn's POVs, but you conveyed their sentiment well just through Theoden's observations. Great job; thanks for sharing! :-)
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Very sweet.
dunnia chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Hi Iawen,

I really enjoyed reading your story. You're right, I also would had loved to see a bit more of Theodens and Eomers relationship and feelings after the spell was broken. I think you described the feelings and the bonds between them very well, I like your side of vision, very much.

And I like your writing-style, wish you would write more stories, love.
a hobbity hobbit chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Nice description of Theoden's relationship with his family. I hope that injured boy was no younger than 11 or 12. I'm not crazy about any boy being made to fight in a war but there is a difference between 12 year old boy and a 7 year old boy.
an elf chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
I hope that the boys that were made to fight were 11, 12, and 13 and not little boys. I know that men are stronger than women, but to make little 6 and 7 year old boys fight instead of full grown women in their 20's is rediculous. A full grown woman is definately stronger than a little child boy or girl.
StarofElendil chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
I liked it. A lot. You are totally right about the book not showing how Theoden, Eomer, and Eowyn act as a family
SubtleBubbles chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
aw that was sweet!
The 13th Leprechaun chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Yeah, I agree with you on these terms. I did think this was pretty good, too. NIce writing style.
Also, about my fic, you pointed out something and there's two things i wanna say about it. I'm not disagreeing with you, because I just noticed it myself. _U Oops...
WHen you said that you didn't think Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf wouldn'y shrug off the fact that Merry's not there, I kinda remembered that. I have two explanations for that
1) They assume he and Pippin are safe
2) I could change their story slightly...
I don't really know which one to go with...
Anyway, like I said, good fic! _ I salute you!
Hex Of The Unseelie chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
That story completely rocked! I totally agree there is not enough of Eomer's and Theoden's realation in the movies, not to mention that Eomer is my fav. character! Rock on!
Toria chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
aww, wow! that was so sweet! i really liked the interaction that you created between Eomer and Theoden. I too was disappointed in the lack of interaction in the Two Towers and you've done a really good job to make up for it. Keep up the good work! *adding story to favourites*
klaw chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
This actually brought a tear to my eye.
Alyxzia chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
Brilliant story.
It really shows how Theoden feels after the battle when he thinks Eomer might be injured and the remorse at the banishment paper he signed while under shadow.
LynnPens chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
Hey Sparx! This is good. I like the bond between the king and his niece and nephew. :D
Elwen
misslijieblueeyes chapter 1 . 12/25/2003
I *love* this fic, Merry! You are such a fabulous writer! I love it! Write more, woman, write more! You can feel such father/son-like love between Eomer and Theoden...way to capture it!
Love,