Reviews for Daisuke's Christmas Wish
Jen chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
Aww that's cute! I'm glad he got his kiss with Kari GO TEAM DAISUKE!
Rynn-Sama chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
Hi I'd just like to say a few things to clear up a missunderstanding. First off, I know a lot about Japanese religion and their beliefs. I lived in Japan for a year and my boyfriend here at home just moved here with his family from Japan two years ago. I know that like 100% of the population is Shinto and actually, they may not practice christianity but they are very interested by it, which is why they now throw christmas partys. But I know it's not a big hoiday. My boyfriend and I spend christmas with my family and then New Years (the big winter holiday in Japan when they go to the shrines and have fireworks and buy new talismen and charms for their homes... that one) with his family. You said:
"Especially since we SAW how they celebrated Christmas on the show. They had a party and hung out with each other and their families and exchanged gifts."
Um... the entire story was them having a party. I'm not so sure how I strayed from that thought. I mean.. they weren't acting out the nativity pagent were they? lol But yeah. Also when I said that I manipulated the song to suit my needs I was talking about how the list was from Izzy (when in the song it's from everyone because they are planning that party together) and when Ken runs of to a 'soccer tutorial' (in the song he's actually going off to the party and telling Daisuke to hurry up and not be late) It had nothing to do with making Ken christian or twisting someones religion or anything. When people translate from Japanese they can come up with different things in English that mean the same thing. When Ken said:
""It was the day the Savior was born. So, you go to church and pray."Ken said" the "you go" wasn't meant that Daisuke goes or that Ken was saying I go or anything. It was more like you as in people you. you go to church and pray. That was never indicating that he was doing it himself. I'm sorry that you took it that way. Would you like me to rename the fic "Daisuke's non-religious affiliated holiday Wish"? I could then also go into the story and change the whole thing to "non-religious affilated holiday" and they could be having a "non-religious affilatated holiday party"
I'm also aware that Jun got over Matt in the show. But this is something called a Fan Fiction. That means that it doesn't have to be cannon. It's not that I want her to BE with Matt. It was more for a humor and comedy element. Though I must say that Jun has it abover Mimi, I'd rather see him with Jun than Mimi, though I think the show did a nice job by hooking him up with Sora.
Anyway if you'd like to talk about Japanese religion, culture and cutoms, I'd love to tell you, seening as I've acutally been asked to teach a few seminars on it already. Also I'd love to tell you about my christmas in Japan that I went to school because you don't get it off. But I hope that clears up the missunderstanding. Have a great day
miaow227 chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
Liked it part from when Davis and Kari kissed but other than that it was great! (Sorry I'm a major Takari fan)
Ginger-chan chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
XD LMAO! Dude! How do you do it? COmedy! It was so good! Happy Holidays!
-GINGER
Errr chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
I was enjoying this...right up until THIS spot: "Listen, the thing about Christmas is that it's one of the most important days in the world" Ken explained.
"Uhuh." Daisuke nodded.
"It was the day the Savior was born. So, you go to church and pray."Ken said."
Ken's not Christian. Not many Japanese are. The way it's even phrased in the song you use indicate he isn't. He says "people go" not "I go" or "you go". You said you manipulated it to suit your needs...so why do you feel the need to twist someone's religion? Can't Ken respect someone else's beliefs without sharing them?
It's just a small bit and I suppose it doesn't mean that much, but it just bugs me. Especially since we SAW how they celebrated Christmas on the show. They had a party and hung out with each other and their families and exchanged gifts.
Oh, one other thing: Jun got over Matt way back during the actual show. She's been after Joe's brother ever since. She wouldn't be glomping onto him anymore.
Is it seriously that hard to REMEMBER that? You'd figure if people don't want her to BE with Matt, they'd remember she got over him...