Reviews for I Have Made My Choice
Lily1992 chapter 16 . 7/24/2011
I loved the Story it was great D
elisgrey chapter 16 . 12/5/2007
update! your story is wonderful! highly refreshing.
sielge chapter 16 . 12/4/2005
This was a beautiful story!
Julia chapter 16 . 10/10/2004
This story rocks! I have read the whole thing on a slow Sunday at work and it's definitely one of the best fics I have read on this site in awhile. Aragorn was very well-written and I loved proactive Arwen. I also liked how you take the time to flesh out your OC's, makes them much more "real" than OC's in other fics who aren't as well-drawn and seem cardboardy in comparison to the main characters. The arming of Aragorn chapter at the end was awesome, wish we could have seen it that way on film!
viviana chapter 16 . 8/29/2004
Wow!...amazing...continue please.
BenRG chapter 16 . 8/29/2004
A wonderful ending, well capturing the mix of despair and hope that any woman must feel when seeing her son or husband go off to war. You caught the characters of both Aragorn and Arwen well in this story.

An overall observation? I found this better than the path that Peter Jackson eventually chose to take in the films. While I think that it would have been a mistake to have Arwen at Helm's Deep (as some have suggested), I think that this is a masterful compromise that puts Arwen back into the action without making her unsustainably OOC. Additionally, IMHO, you have created a memorable original character in Idril. I look forward to seeing more of her in your 'Return of Boromir' sequence. Is she /you/ by any chance? ;-)

BenRG's Overall Rating: 8/10

Here's looking forward to the sequel!
lindahoyland chapter 16 . 8/28/2004
Very touching,I would love to see something like this on parting must have been heartrenfing for those lef behind.
lindahoyland chapter 15 . 8/27/2004
A very interesting and plausible view of Gondor which i'm enjoying
BenRG chapter 15 . 8/27/2004
So /that's/ why the Oliphants didn't intervene until the third phase of the battle. Well, it just goes to prove the amount of havoc a small guerilla army can wreck on a much larger and better organised opponent.

I think that Aragorn is still living up to his other name, Estel, or Hope. Just his presence is uniting the Younger Race in a way never thought possible before.

BenRG chapter 14 . 8/22/2004
A quiet, ultimately introspective chapter. Idril certainly seems to have come to terms with the Woman (well, She-Elf, really), who has claimed the title of 'Lady of Gondor' from her. I also think that the two of them will be behaving like sisters who have known each other from infanthood before the end of this week.

The issue of sanitation vs. morale is a difficult one in the best of circumstances. Hopefully, the compromise that Elohir has figured out will work out for the best.

Arwen... there is a war going on. Don't you think that there might be /other/ times to start match-making for your notoriously unattached brothers? ;-)

Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
I would guess 'Priss Chick' has a problem with Proactive!Arwen. That's her privilege of course. Personally I've long had serious problems with Passive!Arwen. No accounting for taste - or lack thereof.
Priss-Chick chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
This story is very good *cough* not *cough*. Okay, plainly, you shame JRR Tolkien by writing this story, using his characters. If this is offensive, can delete it. But it cannot hide the fact you are a horrific writer.

!
Team McAdams chapter 13 . 5/28/2004
I am in love with this story.. it is so moving and beautiful, plus a bit fulfilling to finally see somethings from Arwen's point of view that was so missed during the movie/book. Excellent job, update soon!
Silverfyshxin chapter 13 . 5/28/2004
Good chapter
BenRG chapter 13 . 5/28/2004
Something tells me that Idril and Arwen are going to get on /very/ well. ;-)

Isn't it just like Aragorn to refuse to rest, even though it is a sensible idea? I bet that he refuses medical treatment after a battle until all his soldiers are seen too as well. Of course, it is those qualities of a born leader that makes him the man he is.

You once again show an exquisite command of the characters. I still love these stories.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10

BTW - Will you ever finish uploading the chaptered version of 'The Return'?
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »