Reviews for Yesterday's Hymn
Blythe-Mizuno chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
I have been reading Yesterday's Hymn for a few months now and I still can't get over how well it is written. Good job!
Dark Manifest chapter 4 . 2/23/2004
That was totally surreal. Some dream! It felt like I was in the trip with Vicious, and emphasis on the detachment, the blood, the way he kept repeating how he couldn't feel anything - just wow. I don't think it was OOC - when you're wasted like that and not exactly stable to begin with, all bets are off. The idea that Vicious was hooked on the Red Eye gets me, too. I also don't think it was particularly suggestive - but maybe because I've seen much less subtle stuff.
And in chapter 3, I especially adored Vicious's interaction with Julia, the awkwardness and the suspicion. Julia doesn't often get as much credit as she should for being as cool and controlled as she is, and Vicious wasn't some lunatic on the rampage - just coldly assessing, like a snake. Putting in that flashback scene was just brilliant.
Yeah, I've gushed enough. Just let me say, I love pre-Bebop fics and I think you're one of the few that do them best.
Brokensword chapter 2 . 2/21/2004
There aren't many fics that really take place in Spike's syndecate days, and I think this is one of the best I have read. The action in the second chapter was written really well, and the charecterization wasn't exactly what I envisioned, but it worked well in the story and was very interesting.
teethlikedog chapter 2 . 12/28/2003
Beautiful, beautiful piece of work. Your writing skills are impeccable, and the tense, underlying drama of the plot keeps the story flowing along nicely beneath the description and musing. This deserves more recognition than it has, and I only hope you won't be discouraged from completing it by that.
LivEviL chapter 2 . 12/27/2003
you are most definitely the best writer for CB that i've come across as of yet
LivEviL chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
Dear God, That's was FANTASTIC!
i have yet to read something in this section that holds as much power as this fic
you have terrific talent!
~LivEviL