Reviews for Mid Winter Gifts
Aw...they're reunited! -
Irish Anor chapter 4 . 12/30/2003
Oh! Omigosh thats so sweet! I nearly cried! *tear,
tear* Wonderful!
"This is my son," he told her proudly. "This is Legolas."
That sentence was just so...so...so I dont know how to explain it, but i loved it!
Of course, Legolas will look his amazing self and very nice that is, yes very nice. Well, in any case, Please update soon!
Ur devoted reader/reviewer,
Irish QT
tineryn chapter 4 . 12/30/2003
How adorable! E, I love joyful ada/ion reunions. They get me all mushy!
UPDATE!
JastaElf chapter 4 . 12/30/2003
Hooray! They're been reunited!
*Ahem* Sorry about that, just needed to get it out of my system. (grin) A wonderful chapter, Jay-Estella gets her son back, AND Thranduil gets Legolas back (or is that vice-versa?), but not before a wonderful Legolas and Elrond bonding moment. *sighs happily* I love it...
Of course, now comes the rebuilding and the search for any more survivors, followed by the happy giving of midwinter prezzies... Of course, Legolas and Thranduil have already received the greatest present they could get!
VERY fine chapter, Jay-thank you!
Karri chapter 4 . 12/30/2003
Oh, an excellent story, Jay! You've made me all sniffly. :-)
goofy chapter 3 . 12/30/2003
please oh please oh please update!
this story rocks, great job
Kitty chapter 3 . 12/29/2003
This is a very nice story, and I have enjoyed it so far and hope you do update soon!
The same goes for "The search" - although I have not reviewed yet, I love this story, too!
Irish QT chapter 3 . 12/28/2003
Excellent chapter! Now Thranduil and Legolas are both in despair that the other one is dead! Thats actually kind of funny to my warped sense of humor
but still sad!
Please update soon!
Irish QT
farflung chapter 3 . 12/27/2003
The plot gets a little sticky here. We have Elrond groping Legolas (shades of Michael Jackson, sorry MJ fans), Legolas remembering how he lost his ada in the storm, Thranduil hearing a not very nice account of himself from a human, fearing for his son's life, meeting up with his guards, the humans concerned about their son as well.
Thranduil is well, Legolas is well but I fear the human's son is no longer. Sad.
And Legolas taking up his royal duties by promising the town his realms help in searching, rebuilding the town and helping the fisher fleet. Very noble of him.
Thanx for the update and let's get them all back safe and sound and happy, as they can be in the face of tragedy.
farflung chapter 2 . 12/27/2003
Good. We know that the king and prince are rescued and going to be saved. But of course they don't.
I thought it was nice that Elladan didn't have to go out in the boat again but did get to help look. Even Arwen and Celebrian were among the elven searchers. The whole family got in on the act.
Hypothermia is such a bad thing. I don't know how it would affect elves but at least Legolas is still conscience.
And they found a fisherman dead. Very sad for the little fishing community. Every loss is a hard one in a small town.
Now let's see how Thranduil is doing
farflung chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
AH Midwinter fun.
I can see the people and elves(especially wood elves) of middle earth celebrating a form of the winter solstice. Pre-christian winter solstice celebrations are after all where the majority of Christmas customs come from. Almost all peoples have over the millenia celebrated when the sun begins to return to it's zenith at midsummer. I know I like it when I know that a few minutes of daylight gets added each day this time of year. Even if it is just a mental knowledge with little change in weather or light. I live in a very gloomy, rainy climate in the winter. Not much sparkly snow for me.
I never buy Christmas hobbits or customs in middle earth. I can suspend my disbelief for many things but that is not one of them.
So I enjoy your take on the elves having a nice mid-winter get together kind of thing. And to go to a thriving town to buy the fruits of the creative labors of middle earth makes perfect sense to me.
Esgaroth sounds like a lovely place in your AU. I can see why the twins and young Legolas would like the adventure of flying on the lake like birds swooping in the air.
You never know who is going to get seasick though. I never do but my Dad totally tosses his cookies and he is such a he man. This of course saved the Imladris group from the dreaded winter wind storm.
We now have a missing king and prince. This begins to look bad for the Greenwood group.
Firnsarnien chapter 3 . 12/27/2003
Aw, looks like we've got a reunion coming! :) Loved the little bit of Leggy angst you threw in there too! Can't wait for the next chappy! Hurry up! ;) LOL
tineryn chapter 3 . 12/27/2003
Hahah, I felt so bad for her, finding out like that who he was.
"You-YOU'RE the king!"
Nasty shock that would be. Not very nice at all. LOL. Cute, though. I could just see his face hearing the rumors about himself. "I'm what! since when?"
Great job! Update again soon!
JastaElf chapter 3 . 12/27/2003
Oh thank HEAVENS Thranduil fell in with NICE people... I had to giggle when the poor woman started talking about that scary Elvenking... (grin) And of course he is SO worried about his laddie... (smile) Like father like son!
Legolas was a wonder-loved the bit about not groping, and he was so brave, so wonderfully true to himself, to stand up like that and offer the assistance of the Greenwood, to aid in the rebuilding. Good lad!
I hope that Estella's son Ram is the same one they rescued. And I hope Thranduil shows HIS excellent upbringing, and assists the little poor family... after all, saving someone and giving them the last of what you have always counts for something in the best of fables! (grin) But I have great trust in the beautiful way you handle your characters.
Thanks for the swift update! This is a really good story!
lulu bell chapter 2 . 12/26/2003
great job! can't wait to read more!
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »