Reviews for Between Life and Love
freyja0taku chapter 1 . 2/20
This is awesome.. I felt sorry for Tifa but at least someone is there for her.. :3
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I like it very much. I think you perfectly portrayed how Cloud would love Tifa's imperfections. Please write more fics like this!
Irish-Brigid chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
I prefer Tifa, too, especially as a partner for Cloud. Though I like Aerith, as well, mainly because I don't see her as being as 'practically perfect in every way' as a lot of fans seem to see her.

Poor Tifa. She really does have some understandable, if somewhat unfounded, insecurities. Not entirely sure how in-character Cloud is. Of course, this has to be before his little mental breakdown at the Northern Crater, so he might be a bit more open about this sort of thing. It's hard to gauge characters exactly when they have Lego-man proportions, rigid faces (when you can see their faces), and awkwardly translated dialog.
Twinnet chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
This was really amazing and enjoyable to read.(:
dreaming.sapphire chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
I love love love this! Aeris is that image of perfection and I love how you described it. XD I also love this reflection of Tifa's character because it's so her.
Mellifluence chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
I totally agree. There is something greatly unappealing about "perfect" characters. Not that I have anything against Aerith (she's just too nice for that ) but Tifa is definitely far more relatable.

Excellent piece!
Rose Crowess chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
That was perfect. Well written, honest, and i loved it. I agree 100% with your statement about Aerith in your author notes. Tifa's just more relatable and real.
mom calling chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
I remember feeling just like Tifa a long, long time ago on a back packing trip in a remote area-there was not one person like Aerith, every girl was her, and I was just me, a grungy Tifa- except I was also inept at almost everything. I don't even remember the boys name now-life is silly, sometimes. This is a touching tidbit and thank you for it! mc
Seelenspiel chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
I think your fiction offers a very realistic view of Tifa, Aeris and Cloud. Loved it
piston heart chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I think this was one of the first CloudTifa pieces I ever read and actually enjoyed, and it's always held a special place in my heart. I thought I'd just tell you how much I love this fic, and to say thank you for writing it.
Cloti22 chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
i love the lifeline and love line on the hand and the cut. very symbolic. ]
Yorae-chan chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
I loved it! Definitely one of my favorite vague CloTi fics; my favorite pairing. I completely agree with you on the perfect-Aeris vs real-Tifa thing. I would end up killing Aeris myself out of frustration if I had to spend too much time with her and her immaculate nice-ness.

Also, THANK GOD that there are still people out there who say Aeris with a damn 'S' at the end, like her name in FFVII was ACTUALLY SPELT, PEOPLE. So, thankyou for that. It's people like you that keep my hope in the Final Fantasy fanbase alive.

xxyorae
psychopathjack chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
I loved it! A real good read, though the end had me wanting more xD.

I can agree with you. Perfect people like that annoy me and drive me crazy. I pratically want to take them apart bit by bit just to see how the heck they manage such a thing.
leradny chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
I'm shorter than Aerith (5'0"-genetics, WTF?). I have tan lines which refuse to go away, less definition to my waist than I would like, and absolutely no curves at all. Perfect characters just make me so uncomfortable, and I guess that's why I am so in love with Tifa's character. She's got a very sweet, earnest quality about her which makes her believable, and one can believe that she, in real life, would have rough hands and tan lines and whatnot. With Aerith, you can't really do that or it'd be out of character XD.

There's not much constructive criticism I can give, other than stating the fact that you've captured young, shy, insecure Tifa perfectly. Keep going!
mangoseed chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Oh my. That's... brilliant. Beautifully written and incredibly thoughtful. You focused on the "realness" of the characters that made them seem almost tangible. Wonderful job!