Reviews for By Any Other Name
Iku chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Huh, first yuyu/inu I've tried...oh lordy...I have no life 'casuse I zipped through this story like a mad woman on a thousand of those coffee patches in that Disney movie. XD...Great sotry !
Geredian Knight Rhiannon chapter 51 . 4/9/2007
oh my gosh you konw how long ot toke me to read this?

4 months really!

but it's a good story! really it is even if is long.

I like the story line that you wrote it's good
aGreatPenName chapter 51 . 4/1/2007
O.O

I have to tell you, I lost so much sleep, and neglected so much work reading your story xD it's just that addictive and that FANTASTIC! really though I was amazed of how intricate the plotline is and how well all the characters are in well character x3 lol Absolutely amazing!
Some Scribbles chapter 51 . 3/30/2007
OK, so I stumbled onto your story accidently three days ago. And really, I have better things to do with my time than stay up to 2:30 am two nights in a row reading it and sneaking it in whenever possible at work. I do. Your story just managed to make me forget that.

Also, thanks to your story I have a new definition of irony: Finally getting up to chapter 51 and having relatives from the other side of the country drop in unexpectedly.

There are some aspects about this story that I absolutely adore, and I can not help but want to share them with you.

-I love Kagome's relationship with Sesshoumaru. Their banter fills my heart with glee, and the deep understanding and respect that they have for each other is evident. It's just fabulous.

-The 'purificiation' of Hiei. The way that you worked to thoroughly encorporate him into the rest of the 'family of the West' is really just great. I'm also happy for his sake that he got...to be able to feel good.

-I love what you did with Miroku. His placement is so full of win. (I will also confess utter shock to the 'two wives' thing, but I have to admit that you made it work seamlessly, and it was also very believible. I cried during the chapter where he spoke with Kagome. I hate it when that happens.)

-Of course, I love the way that you made the whole problem for Kurama in the first place. Having his mom want grandbabies? So classic. (Shippou's explanation about the type of avatar he is and the reasons why that kind of avatar would be made also provide a lot of great insight into this.)

-The lies. Oh my word. The lies are beautiful. The stories that the family of the West have told? Just awesome. It's beautiful, really.

So, I probably should have kept a list as I was going through it, but really, those are my favorite bits. Well, that and Youko. He's just the most perfect thief and scoundral. The relationship you are developing between those two (three?) is so well paced and enthralling. That 'let go' at the end...I can see why Kagome would need that. And it's great the way that he was directed towards her.

I really hope that someday you will be able to continue writing this story. I can't wait to see various reactions. (Kagome's to...whatever that black vine thing was...Youko/Kurama's to finding out that Kagome has been hiding something from them this whole time. I also wonder if Youko followed up on what he said he was going to do the first time Kagome inciated-and if so, what her family's reaction to it will be.)

Thank you for a fantastic read.
haraf chapter 51 . 3/21/2007
come on! . update already! what the hell is taking you so long! i want to know what happens next! O AND SOON!
Luna Stark chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
I love it! :D
Thirty-three chapter 51 . 1/18/2007
I have read both Ookami's and your own stories, and I must say that the similarities do not strike me. You are both wonderful and innovative writers, but other than this fact, you must rely on your own judgements and motives to make this decision of yours. However, think of the fandoms your are working with on BAON - they are so large now, they have lives of their own. To think there will be no similarities of words and phrases between your work and later works is just not feasible.

All authors draw inspiration in part from other works to create something of their own, that's the way inspiration works. How many ideas spawned in any fandoms trace an original concept back to the original author? It is simply not necessary to be acknowledged to that degree. Would it feel empowering to the 'originator?' Yes. Is it necessary? No. We live in a world of giving, taking, sharing, borrowing, inspiring. Give credit when credit is due, but do not always expect it. These are amazing stories on - not brain surgery. If complete acknowledgement for original ideas is demanded, it is most certainly not going to happen. This is not meant maliciously, just truthfully.

If you do not feel like continuing your wonderful story, simply say so. But to put it on hold until stories that have not been updated since 2003 (and in my opinion will probably never be) finished sounds like an excuse to me. I do not mean to sound harsh, or as though I know the situation, but your loyal and devoted fans do not understand your motives. Ookami obviously understands her role in your stories - your intelligent readers know and acknowledge her role in your stories - what more do you want? Others will always use ideas they admire, that's they way of the world. Basic fact.

Your decision saddens me, because now I feel that By Any Other Name will never be finished. Frankly, from all the devotion and time you must have put into it, and the stellar quality of work it is, that's just a damn shame. Good luck on any future endeavors - you certainly have great talent.
Gabriela-chan chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
Dear Deviant Nature:

I just noticed the new bit on your profile page, talking about the reason for not updating. Well...you REALIZE that the most logical solution for fans of BAON is to go and pester Ookami until she finishes her stories, yes? (no, I'm joking; I swear I won't do that. Promise! I just hope that no other BAON fans will...)

Anyway, to be more serious about it...have you talked to Ookami about this? As the original owner of the ideas being stolen, does SHE agree that not updating BAON is the best path to take? I looked at her profile page, and she says that she can make absolutely no promises about when her WIPs will be finished. I have no problem with that-it's an author's right to say that-but I do think it's rather unfair that your updating schedule be at the mercy of someone else's.

If Ookami herself says that BAON shouldn't be updated until her stories are finished, and you decide to respect that wish of hers, then there's nothing I can do about it. But if this is a decision you've taken by yourself, without Ookami's approval, I BEG you to please talk to her first and ask her if she really thinks this is the best way for you to honor her ideas.

Let me note in closing that I don't know you or Ookami, I've never read any of Ookami's stories, and I'm not involved enough in Inuyasha or YYH fandom to have noticed any of this stealing of ideas. All I know is that one of the best crossover fics I've ever read has apparently just been placed on indefinite hold until another author, who's currently very busy with real life, finishes her fics. My motives in trying to talk you out of your decision are almost entirely selfish (I really want to see more of BAON), but the whole thing really does strike me as a bit unfair.

Anyway, whatever your decision, I assure you that you won't lose me as a fan and reader. I am prepared to wait however long it takes for your next update, but I would MUCH prefer the time 'til then to be measured in months and not years.

Much love,

the reviewer also known as Inner Voice
animelover5107 chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE READ THIS STORY LIKE 5 TIMES! I'VE READ IT HERE AND ON MEDIMINER AND EACH TIME I READ IT I STILL GET CAUGHT UP IN THE EMOTIONS. I HOPE THAT ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND THAT THE REASON YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED IS BECAUSE YOU ARE EXTREMELY BUSY AND NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE ILL. I HOPE THAT THIS STORY WILL CONTINUE AND THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO UPDATE SOON! THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT MY MOST FAVORITE CROSSOVER STORY!

HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

~LOLA
Firefly15309 chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
I just have to say wow. This story is great the more i read it the more i like it. I have probably read the whole thing three or four times and each time i do i am still caught up in it. It is probably the best fanfiction i have ever had the pleasure of reading. I can't wait for an update. I understand though that great stories take time to write. I just felt that i needed to tell you how much i love your story. I read it on mediaminer but thought i would leave a note here. I hope everything is going well for you and i can't wait to see where you take this story.
Monki-Neko chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
Hey Deviant Nature!

I know you mucst get a lot of coments and fan messages, but I wanted to say how much this entire series so far has been very fun. I never thought anyone could get the youkai of Sengoku Jidai into the future without ruining their characters so horrendously, yet, you made the story in a way that portrays their characters perfectly in sync, with just enough of a difference that the reader is surprised at every twist in the story. Oh, there is one thing that's been bothering me, though...Where is Rin? I mean, I know this fic is mostly about Kagome and Kurama but everyone elese has been included in the fic, and after 500 years, is it possible for her soul to have been reincarnated like Kazenatsu and Kyuuei? Just a suggestion. And the last thing that's been bothering me is the fact that is whether Rin and Seshoumaru are in a relationship like father-daughter or lover or friends or whatever. Heh. Heh. THanks for reading my e-mail!
star chapter 51 . 12/11/2006
can't wait for ur updates

AZNRAVEN chapter 51 . 12/10/2006
Please, please, please, please, please! Upadate this!

This is my ultimate #1 favorite fanfiction of all time and it hasn't been update for about a whole year!

I finnished reading the last chapter when i was in middle school. Now i'm in highschool and it still hasn't been updated!

I want to see if Kurama ends up a carrier. I want to see if u develop that slight sessh/kag thing u hinted at. I want to see how long you leave kurama oblivious to the fact that kagome is the shikon. i want to see how it all works out and please dont kill the wonderful quality of this fanfiction.

I sincerely hop that u didn't die 'cause then this wonderful fanfic will never find it's ending. I've read this about three times and i was hoping that it would eventually be updated but it hasn't.

Also: PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS REVIEW BY DISCONTINUING IT

Someone did that to me before and i was so disheartened by it.
Foenixfyre chapter 51 . 11/6/2006
Well, to start with, I really don't like cross-overs. I'm just getting started with InuYasha fanfiction. I barely know anything about Yu Yu Hakusho. (I had to use Google to figure out all the characters.)

Now, that all aside, this is a fantastic story! Granted, I was pretty confused for a great deal of the beginning, but you're clearing up all of the questions in a very well-written way. Your attention to detail is terrific, and I'm very interested in this Kagome/Kurama pairing.

In future chapters, I'm really hoping to find out even more about Kagome's past, and to see more of InuYasha. You're a wonderful writer, and I wish you the best.
Purefire16 chapter 30 . 10/16/2006