Reviews for By Any Other Name
Gravidy chapter 19 . 3/18/2004
Tch, the mobster in me is disappointed in Kuruma and Yuusuke. Technically they just left a pissed off youkai they don't know very much about alone with Yuusuke's wife and kids. Silly heads.
I loved Shippou's comment to Hiei“You say that, but Big Dog doesn’t let us wander around on our own unless he’s convinced we’re nasty little bastards,
Lil-lo chapter 19 . 3/17/2004
Whoa I was not expecting a fight like that! In fact, I can't even begin to figure out what will happen next besides Shippou's "distraction". I am now stumped on a lot of the events that occured in the past (no I haven't forgotten about it)and the things that are to come.
You are doing a great job. I haven't had a chance to fall back into BAON junkie depravation as of yet (give me ten minutes and I'll be back to bugging my friend). The lines you use are classic and really help define everyone.
I forgot to mention how much I love Youko's ability to alternately harass and flirt with everyone around him. Since there is such a strong Kurama/Hiei community out there, it's almost ironic when Youko flirts with him since there is a chance that Youko might proceed to get that baby. Again I find it highly amusing that within the course of this story Kagome has bore children for Miroku and she's needed for that same purpose.
That reminds me why I asked about a prequel. I can only imagine the feelings going on among the group when you think about Miroku being with Kagome. Inuyasha, Sango, and technically Kagome seemed o.k with it from the flashbacks but the things they must have had to deal with to get to that point! And then there's Miroku and Shippou's point of view on the matter. Well I should probably focus more on now instead of rehashing the future. As usual I look forward to the next chapter.
Lil-lo chapter 18 . 3/17/2004
I hate to say it, but I'm so addicted to this fic that I have been reduced from being a BAON junkie to being a blubbering fangirl, but my reviews in the past have been indicating this condition.
Whenever you update it's like little puppy ears pop up on my head and I then proceed to drag the new chapter off into a corner to devour it and growl at anyone who interupts me in my glee. Then after ten minutes of doing my UPDATE-Happy Happy joy dance I calm down long enough to absorb what I'm reading (and sometimes dance and squeal some more depending on what happens).
I like the way the characters reacted in this chapter. The fight at the start of the chapter sounds interesting because Shippou is older and definitely more fierce. I also loved Youko and the way he reacted to Kagome playing with the kids. I think the description of that scene was done very well and I honestly was wondering if Youko would get slapped.

I'll be reviewing here from now on since gives me trouble when I try to review. I'll miss the other people who held addictions with me but at least here there's spacing.
badgerwolf chapter 19 . 3/17/2004
gods, this is such a great fic. the byplay between the characters...or in kurama's head...has me laughing hysterically. i'm so glad to see an update. great job! put up the next as soon as you are able!
Kazusa chapter 18 . 3/15/2004
...
You're so beyond dead, Dev. If you thought last week was bad, wait until I'm finished with work and get my butt up there to kick yours!
GeshronTyler chapter 18 . 3/15/2004
Let me add my accolades to those of the others
that have been commenting. So far, IY xovers with YuYuHakusho have been something I've avoided reading, mostly because of the quality of writing, and the plot (I favor KagomexInuyasha strongly ).
All too often they use the tired "Kagome gets
pissed off/betrayed by Inu Yasha, and meets up with *fill in YYH character here* and gets swept off her feet. I like your story because the whole hunt for the Shikon no Tama, and the relationships that grew between the group are more than just a backdrop, Kagome's past, for the interaction with the Reikai agents, but play a major role in what's going on, and how Kagome and her family interact with Yuusuke and co.
I'm eager to find out what Inuyasha's wishes were, and why the caused Kagome to apparently fuse with the jewel. The fact that Inuyasha is in Makai, and the other demons under Sesshomaru aren't is an interesting situation. I have to say, right now Youko and Kurama are fairly annoying in their attitudes and actions, though I sympathise with the character's plight. I hope though that Kagome won't be that easily swayed, being overwhelmed as she is at the end of the chapter. Frankly, I'm still hoping that Kagome and Inuyasha will manage to get back together, though I'm not expecting it.
The plot would seem to dictate that the fox would find his woman to bear his child, I just hope that he has to _work_ for it first. _
My favorite scenario to continue the last scene is for Kouga to show up and rescue Kagome. Though Sesshomaru arriving in cold fury wouldn't be bad either. Don't want to piss off Sesshomaru, no you don't. Kouga would be a wonderful foil for the Kitsune though, since Kouga's own behavior during the campaign for the jewel and against Naraku has quite a few similarities to Kurama/Youko now.
I suspect that Youko will do something stupid and take Kagome into Makai, to try to throw off pursuit, and thereby set into motion the events that lead to a confrontation with Musou. Since Kagome apparently _is_ the Shikon no Tama, taking her into the realm of the youkai would be worse than stupid, but at the moment none of the Reikai Tantei have the knowledge that they require to know that. I figure that part of Youko's attraction to Kagome may be partly because of the Shikon no Tama, since he's _really_ hung up on her beyond reach of reason. Hiei's interest in her may be fueled by more than just wanting to figure out why she has an "empty" aura, but he may not be aware of that himself.
Something I wonder about though- why does Kagome have blue eyes? The only time I may have seen blue eyes on Kagome were the manga covers, but I don't think they are always blue there, either. Certainly, in the anime, her eyes are normally brown.
Assuming that Inuyasha was the one fighting Musou, it sounded like they were fighting with swords. Well, Inuyasha only had one sword that I know off, that was Tessaiga. Unless your bring the 3rd sword Souunga, that appears in the 3rd Inuyasha movie? Because after all, Sesshomaru had Tessaiga before him the night Kagome was brought back to the compound.
Overall, I'm quite impressed with the idea of having Kagome being the founding mother of the Higurashi, while still reappearing in modern times. I do wonder what happened to Kirara though. In the anime they imply that Kirara, or an ancestor of hers, was Midoriko's companion. Kirara was a full demon, as far as I can tell, So it wouldn't be that farfetched that she's survived as well. Or perhaps she ended up with Inuyasha in Makai? That's another thing I noticed- Sesh. can travel at will between the realms apparently. And of course the cloaking of the youki is being accomplished by shards of Fuouheki, or whatever that stone was that absorbed youki.
So what else can I say? Write more, faster? _
Your Fan
Thiemo Guenther
merryday chapter 18 . 3/14/2004
Woohoo! Go Youko! I can't wait for the next chapter.
Ai Higeki chapter 18 . 3/14/2004
Finally!It took him damn long enough!We've been waiting all this time!...Will any lemons be involved? I have yet to read any Kur/Kag lemons...Well...Eccept Scottishfae's...BUT THAT DOESN"T COUNT!
Sailor Panda chapter 18 . 3/14/2004
Squee! This is an awesome fic! Normally, I don't like to read crossovers but this one's great with all the interesting twists and turns the plot is taking - just the way I like them. You're doing a terrific job so keep up the great work!
Night and Silver Fox chapter 18 . 3/13/2004
Aika: O.O *faints*
Kaya: Finally! YAY! A kiss!
Aika: .
Kaya: -_-' Ah, well... but... great! They finally talked! They'll be together, ne?
Kang-Lin chapter 18 . 3/13/2004
Hey! I like this story, it's really good! So please update it soon.
HDE 226868 chapter 15 . 3/13/2004
Nyo~!
AOL blocked the 16th chapter! I'm so sad.
WHy did my dad have to move back to AOL? Why did he have to put a block? .
* Neways, I like this story very much.
Whitewolf-Goldenhawk chapter 18 . 3/12/2004
I hope u keep going with this story. I'm glad that Kurama and Kagome finally are having some Fluff.
Lifeless-Kanna chapter 18 . 3/12/2004
lol update! .
Vorsith chapter 18 . 3/12/2004
I have never done this before...
I have given myself a headache trying to figure out where inu yasha is, where does Sessh fit in the picture...and why Kag seems to have ended up with everyone except inu? Wish gone wrong?WHAT went wrong? Please tell us what the heck is going on?
Great story too, by the way...
P.S. If you tell me she helped repopulate Kouga's Pack too, I'm gonna put my head thru the wall...
1,305 | « Prev Page 1 .. 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 .. Last Next »