Reviews for Tie a Yellow Ribbon
Mudkip chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Oh god i cried.
NeverSilenced chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Nice. I like how you used the story about the yellow ribbon on the tree with the Vietnam war. Threw me off a bit, though. Stockholm is the capital of Sweden, darling. Other than that, it was great.
wheresmybook chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
The warden was Chou.

The story was very good! Makes me want to run home and festoon the house in yellow ribbons- even though no one is coming.
Mirune Keishiko chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
kind of a really late review. but I really like your story! . it's so bleeping SAD! but THANK YOU for the happy ending. purists might not like their angsty stories ending well but i hate being depressed, so... . Yeah, Aoshi the bus driver was a bit OOC (laughing and crying?). But hey, it is an AU, right? And you did pull off Sano's sentiments so nicely, very deep and well-phrased. I can sympathize with the spur-of-the-moment story concept (and that IS a lovely, if DEPRESSING AS HELL, song!) and your fluid writing style is excellent! I'll be hunting up your other stories now. Can't wait to read your LOTR stories. .
Pzanna chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
yay! it was good. so sweet. who was the warden? lol. I'm totally lost. oh well. wah... captain sagara dies again... sniffles. lol! well very lovely story!
byez!
eriesalia chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
She's alive , she's alive!
Well, I do have to say that despite my penchant for avoiding AU fics, that I really enjoyed the two characters you decided to throw together _.
And I am glad that you are in a *good* mood , even if it means you don't continue writing your fics. However, if you need a person to help spur you on in angstyness so you can continue with your regular work, let me know.
whe.
MissJinny chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
this was awesome! 0.0 i really enjoy your writing style.
~NNif -.-
Oh yea, there is a Stockholm in Maine! Where I'm from! D lol just a bit of useless trivia for you. lol
Guest chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
wow... *sniffles* you made me cry!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
wow... *sniffles* you made me cry!
GhostfaceScylla chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
Hitomi! I thought you dropped off the earth! (it would have appeared so... _)
aw this was cute. not quite a song-fic, but relying on a song for the main idea. yes, i agree, i like it much better with the family/friends waff instead of the romance waff. okay... the warden... hmm, I'm thinking but i'm afraid I'm wrong so I'm not gonna say. I liked how it switched back and forth between excerpts from Sano's letter and the dialogue between sano and aoshi the bus driver (hard to imagine, but it fits in some ways). Overall, a really good one-shot with *warm & fuzzy* waff.
And i CANNOT WAIT until you update When the Cherry Blossoms Fall. Unfortunately, i'll have to.
merry, merry christmas!
lara-chan
P.S. Was the cane thing that obvious? aack! please don't say it was that obvious! _~
Nigihayami Haruko chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
The warden was Chou?
Anyway, I love this one, family and friends, that's what Xmas is about isn't it? I've been too disillusioned by the commercialism surrounding Xmas that it's so refreshing to see something else, something real. Thanks for reminding me of that.
Btw, did you know that there is such a thing as 'Stockholm syndrome'? Funny that you should decide to use 'Stockholm'. Even more ironic is that it is related to a captive.
Trupana chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
Yeah, I have the same problem with my other fics. I'm not in the mood...too much holiday cheer at the moment. No! Must...get...depressed...
I'll just go watch LOTR again! :D
Anyway, I read the summary for this fic and though, hm, sounds interesting. So I "came" in, and found an amazing fic of spectacular proportions. Even the rambling near the end was entertaining.
Then I come out and realize that the fic's this good because someone by the name of Shimizu Hitomi wrote it. :)
You seem to be doing a lot of historically themed fics recently...well, like this and the WWII one. Not that I'm complaining. And I'm so glad that you put Misao as Aoshi's sister...I don't know, I just don't like the Aoshi/Misao thing much. Then again, you and I are both Aoshi/Megumi fans...meh.
Hm, were you going to pair Sano with Tae? It's not a bad pairing...and I could see Sano doing it, just to get rid of his debts to the Akabeko. ;) I've always thought of Sano being anamoured of Megumi, but since I always put Megumi with Aoshi, Sano ends up being left in the cold. So maybe I'll put Sano with Tae. There's really no other OC that could be put with him...is Tsubame, Okon, and Omasu out of the question?
Anyway, good fic. Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, and see you next year fellow Aoshi/Megs writer!
~Tru :D