Reviews for From shadows I come
Leara Bribage chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Hmm... where should I start, mon ami? Well, it's just the first chapter, so I can't say much without being a harsh judge, but I will be fair. You have given me fair warning, so I accept it.

But as I have always done, I must begin with the con/s.

Con/s:

1. Grammar: All right, given the fair warning, I will spare the glare. But my eyes would not stop twitching at some points when a punctuation mark or verb is absent or misplaced. Pardon the Grammar Nazi that was initiated. I'm dreadfully sorry. But I just have to be fair. I understood that your were still beginning here. A masssiivvve improvement on your later fics, m'amie. I applaud you for that. :)

Who's to say that cons define a story? Bah! Nein! So, to make up for the harshness of the GNazi, I bring you the pros!

Pros:

1. Good characterization: I like your interpretation of Faramir. It's more inclined to the book. Charming. I can only say a few since I am not yet on the later chapters.

2. Style: Though the content more than makes up for the structure, I wish you had clarified things more by providing line breaks. (Especially before or after an author's note, so that we readers would know when the story has started and ended.) But nonetheless, I liked the poem (did you make it?) because it opened a great start. :) Much like how you began with the "City of Glass" for Les Miz. :)

3. Plot: For someone with a fresh perspective towards this area, the evidence you've gathered and utilised as backdrop for the character is ace. I applaud you on that. :)

So... there, I'll be reading this over and comment again when I've at last reached the penultimate or end of this story for the House of Healing. :) I can't wait to see Eowyn! :D
elanor of aquitania chapter 10 . 5/14/2012
Beautiful rendering of first love doubts. I like especially your wording and how well your characters agree with the my view of them.

Great extension of Tolkien's story. Time and again one finds a true pearl in fanfiction. This work reminds me much of Altariel's work, which has the same bitter-sweet luxurious touch.
Dimfuin chapter 10 . 10/20/2004
Wow...I have so much to say! I guess I'll start with the obvious: this story was so good! I started reading it last night and read straight through chapter eight, and then when I finally had to go to bed I printed out the last two chapters and read them in bed:-D In other words, I couldn't put it down! This, I have to let you know, is a major accomplishment, because I have read SO many Faramir/Eowyn stories, and they tend to bore me now. But not this one!

Secondly, I'd like to say that your writing was amazing, considering that English isn't your first language. I have seen native English speakers who can't write as eloquently and fluidly as you can! You must have been studying English for a while, because you're very good. I myself have been studying German for a long time, and while I'm very good at understanding and not bad at speaking, writing is insanely hard. Kudos to you on that! Besides a few spelling mistakes and some misplaced commas, it was wonderful.

And, of course, the content. AMAZING! As I said before, you drew me in, even though I've read just about every Houses of Healing story out there! You pinned Faramir and Eowyn so well and got their personalities and attitudes so right! From the way Faramir was head-over-heels for her and yet despairing, to the way Eowyn was always snapping at him and yet desiring his company...it was beautiful. You captured the spirit of the books and yet drew it out to give us a more complete, in-depth tale. And you didn't bog down your story with too much greif...it always had an upbeat, meloncholy feel to it that was refreshing after so many angsty stories.

Whew! I think I should stop now, but I have so much more I could say! I have been considering writing my won HOH story, because I was dissatisfied with the way everyone was presenting it, but now I don't need to! I found a perfect one. Thank you so much for your beautiful story!:-D
Lady LeBeau chapter 9 . 4/12/2004
Whew! I almost thought you'd forgotten about this fic!
Great as always. I'm looking forward to seeing them get back together, and can't wait to see how you do it. Keep it up!
steps got a hold on my heart chapter 9 . 4/12/2004
I cant believe I managed to remember my old email/username/password lol ur lucky because otherwise i wouldnt have been able to review lol
But I had to because this is just such a wonderful fic ive just read all eight chapters in a row so that shows how much ive been pulled into your story.
Your writing is beautiful and you have managed to expand on the story brilliantly.
More more more soon please!
Love Kaz
Magsluvsaragorn chapter 8 . 3/13/2004
WOW! great story so far, can't wait to see the updates...
Aline82 chapter 8 . 3/10/2004
Please, go on!
And do not stop, where Tolkien leaves us...or promise a Sequel!
You're really good. Write more EF stories.
Lady LeBeau chapter 8 . 3/9/2004
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Fleshing out Tolkien dialogue may be hard, but you're excellent at it. *bows to the Authoress*
Keep writing!
Earendil5 chapter 7 . 2/25/2004
You know what? It's hard to find a good LOTR fic...and more if it's a Faramir-Eowyn fic... yours it's really good and they keep very well on their character... Eowyn it's very like her, and how I imagine she acted when she meets Faramir... So please keep writing!
Natters chapter 7 . 2/11/2004
good, more please
Religious Truths chapter 7 . 2/2/2004
This is really good! It seems very pure, for lack of a better word. Please keep writing.
Lady LeBeau chapter 7 . 2/2/2004
W00T! Updateyness!
Aww...it isn't fluff, it isn't angst...I love it! You're good, really good. I'd never be able to come up with something like this, with all these incredible details. More, please!
Natters chapter 6 . 1/21/2004
excellent, more please
Religious Truths chapter 2 . 1/20/2004
excellent! i love it!
Alaize chapter 6 . 1/18/2004
Another great installment...glad Eowyn is beginning to (sort of) give Faramir a break!