Reviews for Guidance
TFALokiwriter chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
The conversation between Q and Picard was rather interesting. Good job! :D
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
Dear Alara:

I know this is a tiny thing to fuss over, but it appears too many times in this story for me to entirely overlook it: Q is not a "former entity". An entity is simply something that exists. Humans may be little nobler than pond slime from Q's point of view, but they (and, for that matter, pond slime) are still entities.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
I looked at the premise expecting nothing at all. A bit of light fancy before moving on to a story more worthy of attention. I never liked Q, never really liked his episodes. What virtue could this fic possibly have?

This is an excellent piece. I am astounded.
Gideon Moriattis chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
There ought to be a continuation of this. It's already an entirely different story from Only Human, even though it starts out at approximately the same point, and it seems like it would be a fascinating story of its own. Personally, I'd love to see more of this timeline, and I'm sure that there are many other people who would feel the same way.
Once again, beautiful work, and I look forward to the possibility of a sequel.
-GM
Guest chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
poor Q. at least he has a smidgen of hope now.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
For being nearly all about a single dinner conversation, this story is thoroughly insightful and entertaining. It's amazing to see how far Q's fallen, and how fast he can get back on track with a single conversation with Picard. He's certainly got a loooong way to go, but at the end of this story you can't help but feel optimistic about Q's future. Great writing with this one, it was one outstanding debate between those two!
JenCarpeDiem chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
This was an incredible read. Two of my favourite characters (in any fandom) having a lengthy, enthralling, completely-in-character conversation? Amazing.

Brilliant work.
Swamp Adder chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
This is *wonderful*... your character voices are simply perfect. I could hear Patrick Stewart and John de Lancie in my head when reading it, and you develop the relationship between them in a totally believable and satisfying way. In particular, I love how it begins with Picard in the role of the adviser, but ends with Q giving Jean-Luc some guidance of his own. Great stuff!
harunoki chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
That was so sweet! I'm glad its starting to pan out for Q, even just a little.
Deritine chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Aw... Q is so cute. Even though most of this rather long one-shot was dialog- very well done. That sort of thing can get really out of character and boring, but I was totally enthralled. A very excellent exploration into the kind of loss Q must have been experiencing and a more depressing... "real" I guess, ending to that episode versus how TNG usually ends up. You know, like make-you-gag sugary. lol.
Kiseki no Tenshi chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Wicked story! _

Can't wait to read more!
OnyxWraith chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
10 out of 10

Damn thats good
Kate Andromeda chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
What a wonderful story! I enjoyed it so much. I could realy imagine all that happening. Some parts were funny, some sad and some just incedible and in character. Thanks for the experiance.
BlackHalliwell chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Awesome
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
This is an AMAZING story.

I nearly cried. (I like Q.)