Reviews for A King Corrupted
Taryn Streambattle chapter 2 . 5/12/2010
This is well done and, I think, totally believable!
TheHouseOfTheGoldenFlower chapter 2 . 9/27/2008
Oh, I LIKE.

THOTGF
Faramir's Tumbleweed chapter 2 . 4/1/2006
Interesting story. I never thought much about the Mouth of Sauron until I read your story. I will definetly look at the Mouth of Sauron in a new light.
Maethril Aranel chapter 2 . 4/14/2005
I really liked this; I thought that it was definitely original and extremely well-written. Keep it up! I can't wait to read more.

-Maethril Aranel
cysne chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
I loved it! I absolutely adore it when people focus on tiny aspects that could perfectly go by unnoticed, istead of sticking to disgusting so-overused-that-it-makes-me-sick all-labelled plots! (Er... yes, that *was* a compliment...) Originality above all! For me, that's one of those things that make the author great! (*grumbles something about 10th member, authorfriends unexplicably landing in ME, Mary-Sue fics, etc...*)

And that was very ingenious of you to go pick up Eärnur and Mardil! I've got to hand it to you, you did an excellent job in research! Frankly, I still cringe whenever I see a supposed fan-of-all-things-middle-earth-breathing-Tolkien-through-every-single-pore-in-my-skin get the names of the main characters wrong and completely mess up all the locations! But it's so frequent that I might as well get used to it... It's always comforting, pleasant and refreshing to see an author as yourself! I mean, you don't have to be a purist with peaks on both sides of your eyes to know at least that!

Ok... have I mentioned how much I love it when people explore small things? - I have? - No problem... I LOVE IT! )

However, there were some things that I felt you could improve. But who knows, maybe someone told you about them already!... One thing I noticed is that you repeat words a lot. Successively, that is. I can give you some examples. On chapter 1, when they're heading to Minas Morgul: "ridden out from Minas Tirith three days past. For the last three days...", "flowering with many trees and flowers", and later on when the group's attacked: "stood standing", etc... See what I mean? Other than that, there were just some sentences here and there somewhat unclear and the expected type-o...

All in all, excellent job! There should be more fics around like this one! )

* Nai i éli sílar lessë! *
Lady Shinimegami chapter 2 . 4/8/2004
Oh wow... that was great! If I was gonna complain about anything, it would be that I wish it were longer. I'd love to read more about his past and whatnot. But I really did love this! Say, I don't normally do this, but if you like stories like this, you should read my fic 'Mirabella'. It's quite short, and takes place a few hundred years before LOTRs in the Shire. Anyway, just a thought. Think about what I said, on making this longer. I think it could really be great! (Though what do I know? I just like long this... Oh that can be taken wrong...)
-LS
Lady Shinimegami chapter 1 . 4/8/2004
O! I like! Suspense, action, drama. ("I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob.") I really love stories like that (that talk about the past, rather than the actual happenings in LOTRs. There's just so much we can do with the past!) Well, now I must read the next chapter!
-LS
ayachan21 chapter 2 . 4/5/2004
wow...deep. I never would have thought such a thing. Cool
Luineraugwen the Dark Elf chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
Laire, I'm trying to email you but your email address won't work. Please email me again so I can get back to you.
kingmaker chapter 2 . 3/17/2004
Wow. An excellent and very interesting tale. I just love well-conceived and well-written fics about the descent of the mighty servants of Sauron, and the implications of this particular tie-in are especially intriguing.
Werecat99 chapter 2 . 2/10/2004
This was good too.
Good work, and very original.
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
Original idea, to say the least.
I liked the opening setting. But I had to wonder why a King would practice swordfighting with a guard, or how a guard would dare to challenge a noble. Perhaps you should make him of higher rank, a captain or something similar.
Apart from that, this goes on rather well. The plot is believable, since it is not unlikely that the King would respond to such a challenge.
Good work.
totallyObsessedwithLOTR chapter 2 . 1/23/2004
nice ending. (not scared anymore *smiles* you can go now mommy.) wouldn't it be nice if you could publish this? (and all your other stories) i'd buy them...i'd buy so many of them, you'd be rich. and could buy LOTR, and put in the disclaimers that you really did own.. (nice thought, probably won't happen.)
totallyObsessedwithLOTR chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
*gulp* i'm scared. i want my mommy! (not really.) i can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet. it's your only story i haven't reviewed yet. if you want me to kill myself for it, just tell me. i'll kill myself if you tell me to. (well...maybe not.)
NerdAnel the Wise chapter 2 . 1/18/2004
Wow, beautifully written! It's great to read unique fanfics like this. To me the Mouth of Sauron is a character full of malice, but with underlying regret as well. You captured that wonderfully.