Reviews for Limitation Scars
slightlyxjaded chapter 1 . 1/23/2016
Ludi, I had to come back and read all the stories of yours I (somehow) missed the first couple times.

This was so beautifully tragic! Remy and Rogue really have the push and pull of hate and love down to an art in their was very interesting to see this play out. The deeper levels of this story may have been lost on me at this early hour...fail.

Thanks for writing this wonderful story!
Ginger Nicely chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
I had forgotton about this one. Such a beautiful, deeply felt piece. The inherent darkness in Remy and Rogue's relationship is often ignored for a happy resolution. But they are probably the most dysfunctional couple to never be on Jerry Springer. But make it seem beautiful and meaningful. All that push/pull, the constantly retreading old ground, I've always chalked it up to bad soap opera writing, but you give it purpose and depth. The visuals are so vivid, not just for their violence but also for their juxtaposition with physical inaction. It was great when I first read it, and discovering it all over again today just added a notch to my LudiAppreciation.
Jadesfire chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
This was powerful stuff as ever. I notice you wrote it about 18 months ago and I think you've managed to keep the deep emotional feeling of your writing while losing some of the flashier aspects that made it a bit too over the top.

This was very well written, and I'm glad you explained the background. It made sense without it but having the picture in my head certainly helped. The physicality of the wounds you describe adds so much to the words that are being said and the whole idea seems to capture the essence of Remy and Rogue's relationship. You have them hurt each other with almost casual ease, yet draw together again for comfort and you also manage to make the whole conversation believable!

It was a little too intense for my personal taste but once again I can't fault it for vividness, drama and style.

Jx
angyangy chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
Heyho!

Well, the first time i read this story, i didn't get it. i just thought it all sounded pretty... and that was the extent of my comprehension of this story. i think i wrote some stupid review like "wow, that's deep. i loved it." Though, i had no idea what i loved besides the fact that you are a very eloquent writer. Thank goodness that review is gone... ohh... my beautiful deleted accout... but no point in crying over spilt milk right?

Anyway, on to the review now. So, i was thinking, i want to read something but i don't want to search for new stories so here i am. i decided to sit down and read it right. And y'know what? i'm glad i did. This story is great. and yes, i understand it for the most part this time. I liked how you used their words as metaphor for the knives. Brilliant. I loved it. the whole piercing each other with words... because let's face it, words hurt and sometimes it hurts more than physical pain. You and I both know that well enough ;P I love you play with the colour of blood and all that. Really adds that sort of dramatic/dark mystique to the story, which is odd since if one is to imagine them, they are sitting at a cafe in broad daylight. Yet, the way you write it makes it seem like they're doing something in the night and what not. It's a very odd contrast but i really like it.

Anyway, i want to talk about this line because it really made me think hard.

“Bullshit,
Ms.Rogue LeBeau chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Wow that story was AWSOME! It really struck some chord in me and I LOVED it!
Dusty chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
Wow! I love the way you write. I think you capture the shades of grey (or red, as the case may be) of Gambit and Rogue's relationship really well. A lot of times authors fall into the trap of portraying them as either sugary sweet lovebirds or hopelessly incompatible. I think your portrayal is much more true. You really capture how they can have this twisted, hurtful relationship, but still genuinely love and need each other.
Bravo!
Shawn Reed chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
Ouch.
hi chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
interesting story... are you a natalie imbruglia fan? :-) i noticed you've included songs from white lilies island in your stories.
Patchverse-SheCat chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
Whoa...that is definitely a favorite right there. And it's a true thing, too. I love this. The metaphor was great. Just fantastic.
And the black, white, black, white? Just a beautiful was to finish that part. It's true, there is neither black nor white for those two.
Just. Fan. Flamin'. Tastic.
Rogue-Demon chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
It's good. Quite a diffrent take and such an interesting metaphor about the 'blades' for mental scars...it's fitting and really good.
T chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
That was such a great story. Loved it.
Space Cowgirl chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
That was a lovely high-concept fanfic. Using words as blades, all the metaphors fit together perfectly. Tightly plotted, precisely executed. The one critique I do have to offer is on your language. It feels like you're forcing out this overly elegant style and that your real voice would be a bit more...fluid? As Rusty from 'Ocean's Eleven' would say, don't use ten words where four will do. I haven't read your other work, so if this is a stylistic choice for this story alone, ignore my comment and go on about your merry way. Aside from that, well done. Much better than the standard "aftermath of Antarctica" fare.
~Space Cowgirl