Reviews for To Fade Away
Kount Xero chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
You know, it's about ten years after the fact, and I have known, read and re-read this fic for like, eight years or so, and not only am I surprised "I" didn't review it, I'm surprised few others did!

First thing's first: the movie was a convoluted mess that appealed only to those who knew the series (Folken as a straight-out villain? Frak that) BUT, it's general tone, too was far more depressing than the series as well. Van's angst, the "dragon" scenes (the damn color pallette used for Folken's palace could make one wanna slit one's wrists!) so kudos on capturing that here.

Second point, which is a lot more serious: the other reviewer wondered why Hitomi was sleepy all the time. Having suffered from depressive episodes myself, I have to say, you either HAVE suffered or ARE suffering from depression, because there is just no way you were able to just capture just how awful, how mundanely disastrous it feels. It's an everyday, slo-mo apocalypse expressed in the most ordinary thoughts and feelings.

Third and final point: I have had moments in those eight years when I went, "there was that one Escaflowne fic that had blown my damn mind, where was it?" so, yeah. Love this story. I don't know if you're still getting notification e-mails or anything, but, for what it's worth, this was excellent.
jessdarkwater chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
ah that was really sad. but y was she sleepy all the time?