Reviews for The Visitor
KatyDarling chapter 1 . 3/18
This is the second time that I've read this story and it's still achingly beautiful! I believe I'm even more riveted to it this time around, and to think that I am one of those who live for stories that always end in HEAs! However, I am also not one who will pass up a really great story because it forbodes of heartbreak in the end. I'm so glad I decided to stick with this one until the very end!

Thank you for sharing this story and for not taking the easy way out of giving us an ending with all hearts, flowers and rainbows. It wouldn't have given your story (and characters) the justice it deserves. Kudos to you! :)
KatyDarling chapter 15 . 9/6/2014
I think I can understand why you ended it the way it did.. It's just what your story calls for and I laud you for that even when my heart is breaking.. Great story.. Thanks for writing and sharing this.. And now, I need me some Draco and Ginny fluff to mend my aching heart ;)
Corabella Grace Riddle chapter 15 . 4/4/2014
Probly the best story I've read so far! this dark tale was phenomenal and captivating. each chapters sent my heart racing... Bravo!
Anonymous chapter 15 . 6/13/2013
It is 1am on a summer night in June, and I am crying.

This is undoubtedly a piece that has moved me beyond words. Your flawless execution if emotions so real, words so heavy with meaning, is amazing.

I thank you for your contribution to this wonderful, incredible world of literature, and wish you the best, if you are even reading this.
positivelysmashing chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
I take my previous comment back. This story, is without a doubt, one of the best pieces of fictional literature I've ever seen in the Harry Potter universe fandom. You don't just write words with this piece, you create tangible emotions. You don't just create scenes relevant to the plot, you create their atmosphere.

I remember when I first read this story about 3-4 years ago, I cried and this time around, I was startled once again to find tears in my eyes. No piece of fanfiction has ever, ever made me react in such a way. Sometimes it irks me that in fandom, people tend to read stories based on their favorite ship or pairing, as it ultimately diminishes the significance of reading a wonderfully crafted story.

I'm sure you're not on anymore, but if you ever see this comment, I implore you to re-write/re-word/edit whichever chapters of this story you choose simply ONLY for the reason that this story appears on the first page of updated Harry Potter fics. It seems as if your last update was in 2004. I truly think it is unfortunate that this story doesn't have the number of reviews and the number of readers it deserves.

It would be wonderful if you could. Your story deserves a second-life.
positivelysmashing chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I am going to write a more coherent review soon but I stumbled upon this story a few years ago and only recently did I recall the name of it that I was able to look it up. Would you mind if I shamelessly promote this story and link everyone to it via tumblr? I think it's a HUGE travesty that this story has not gotten much recognition.

I don't even care about the ship/pairing in this case. You've managed to create such a story where romance, pairings, ships seem absolutely absurd to even contemplate when taking the whole story or plot into consideration. You've managed to create a story that's larger than the characters themselves. The themes of redemption, salvation and obvious symbolism are much more striking than anything else. By far one of the BEST executed STORIES I have ever come across in all my years of fanfic reading.
Sareer Malfoy chapter 15 . 3/23/2012
...That was the most emotionally draining fic i have ever read. All i can say, is thank you. For writing, for sharing, for allowing the world to read this piece. I'm not going to lie. I cried. A lot. But i still applaud you. You are truly an amazing writer.
Katrapolis chapter 15 . 9/5/2011
Wow, this was really intense and extremely well written. Loved every bit of it, even the tragic ending
Nival Vixen chapter 15 . 1/17/2011
That was amazing. Utterly and brilliantly amazing.

The chapters were short, but they added to the feel of the story.

It was beautiful, and while I'm upset at the ending, I can see how it happened and why.

Brilliant work, I loved every minute of reading it!
unique-lady chapter 15 . 11/17/2009
I first read this many years ago but I had forgotten just how powerful it really is. My heart broke in that last chapter despite knowing what was coming and I was in tears. I wish more of my friends were into fanfic because your writing just shouldn't be missed. Your plot is original but it is nothing without your suberb writing. Pitch perfect. You've always been on my favourites list x
Duck Goddess chapter 15 . 6/26/2009
Wow, this was an amazing, emotionally draining story. There's not much I can say about it because everything was so lovely and bittersweet. I actually really liked the ending, I thought it was fitting because I knew there wasn't a place for romance and happily ever after in this story. I look forward to reading more from you!
Alexandria J. Malfoy chapter 15 . 5/28/2009
Oh God. Oh god, I don't even know where to start. I say that a lot but I am actually at a complete and utter loss. I'm sitting here, desperately trying to think of something a bit more substantial, but I can't, I haven't cried this much for a fic, for a very very long time.

That was beautiful. Honestly, it was staggeringly emotive and poignant. It broke my heart, this last chapter, I so wanted everything to be alright, for Ginny to be able to save Draco but I knew that it would not happen. I loved so much about this fic, the way Ginny found herself going to Draco each day to see him, the way Ron supported Ginny with what she was doing, and I loved the image that I got in the scene when Ron visits Draco. But most of all, I absoltuely loved the image of Draco & Ginny pressed against the glass, hands touching, heads bowed asif they were actually dancing. See, that's started me off again!

That was so amazing. Thank you so much for it, I am unbelievably grateful that I've found it nearly 5 years after it was actually posted. Thank you again.

xx
a vestige of peace chapter 15 . 4/8/2009
TEAR, so good!

ALTHOUGH, i do wish you would do an alternate ending. I know he has to die... but I'm sure you could think of a mindblowing alternate ending... hmm?
a vestige of peace chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
This story is FUCKING BRILLIANT. I read it off the Draco/Ginny Awards page like YEARS ago and I was absolutely in love with it, and I still have not gotten over it- clearly- and I finally realized that I need to find it on fanfiction and review, and just let you know that it was absolutely, beautiful. So here. I have read a lot of books and fics and this is definitely on my top 5.

PenguinOfTroy chapter 15 . 3/20/2009
I just read this whole thing through tonight and I just had to say that this whole thing was absolutely brilliant