Reviews for The Ponderings of a Friend Left Behind
Darth Litarius chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
I wish I wrote as well wide awake as you do half asleep.
Chronos the Cat chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
Cool. Your stories are always good (at least when you resist the temptation to break the 4th wall!).

...So, are you still giving out free penguins?
MikariStar chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
interesting fic XD I like fics with Lucca's pov she almost missed the door XD lol ;; I don't know how you can write so much out of something so simple ._. it's amazing I wish I could do that ;; I always just go to the point a little too fast -.-;; anyways... where my penguin? -
Willow Wind Song chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
A free penguin? Just what I always wanted! No, actually, I have no iterest in a penguin. What I am interested in is Chrono Trigger fan fictions. This one may not have been the most epic of stories, but it captures the frustration of waiting for news of comrades well. I can also identify with wandering in circles in that stupid factory for hours.
Phyrehawk chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
Lol wow. Brilliantly written - extremely witty, and got more than a few chuckles out of me too ;)
Wonderful :)
"I knew there was a reason I never liked religious-types. Those damn bastards are always trying to devour my flesh." I'm even considering stealing for an MSN screen name sometime :p lol. :)
Stealth Noodle chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
Short and sweet. I like it. :)
I think my favorite part of this fic is the Crono/Marle/Lucca dynamic, which I think you've done a great job with. Too many fics invent an angsty love triangle where none existed in the game; I'm thrilled to see a story that respects Crono and Lucca's friendship and doesn't indulge in Marle-bashing. Makes me very happy, indeed. And I think you've got a nice grasp on Lucca's character and motivations.
I also really like Lucca's griping over Robo's new name. :) You've given her a nice, wry sense of humor, and her antsy behavior at being left alone to wait really fits her personality. All in all, this is a good shot of introspection.
That said, though, I've got a couple nitpicks I'd like to bring up. I'm a bit of grammar nazi.
In "although my injured pride when Crono announced his intention of taking Marle with him, certainly didn’t agree," the comma ought not to be there.
In "Given that the floor, walls, ceiling, and everything else in this place, are made of metal," the comma after "place" shouldn't be there.
In "with it’s lifeless landscape," "it's" should be "its." Since you don't make this mistake anywhere else that I saw, I'm guessing this was just a typo.
Finally, in "her liveliness and positivity is going to get both Crono and I through a lot," the "I" should really be "me." I know the fic is written in Lucca's voice and all, but this is my pet peeve when it comes to pronouns. I can't help myself. Sorry. :)
Again, I enjoyed the fic! I dig in-character introspection that doesn't wallow in angst, and this is good stuff. You've made my inner Lucca fan very happy. D
Bishounen Stalker chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Oh! Free penguin! _ Yay!
Yeah, anyway, beautiful little fic here. Captured Lucca's persona quite well, I think. That, and I've been on a Chrono Trigger playing spree ('cause it's yummy). Nice insight there, too, with the "children's books." Pretty cool to see a monologue for a change. Good Job! You get TWO cookies!
Sir Bormun chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
I'm impressed. Hey, it's not like you can only like humor, you should know that by now. Very good story, and your characterization is down pat.
Wolfemann chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
Maybe it's just me - but I couldn't help but snicker when I read that for some reason. _
Very nice, Rhianwenn - so, where's my penguin? :-P
Xyn chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
*snatches free penguin* This is very good. I enjoy fics where the author has developed events that occur in canon, but that the audience does not get the chance to view. You have a talent for writing such fics. You characterize Lucca excellently and your execution of the story overall is well done. _ You are aware that you're on my favorite author's list right? For good reason too. Keep up the good work!
Mr. Beast chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
Ah, very good. No matter what, your stories always make me laugh. Keep on writing, I think you're doing a damn good job.