Reviews for Star Fall, Star Rise
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Between you and Dragon Confused I have been crying for the last hour. Which is a testament to your writing :) A beautiful very touching reunion between Ereinion and Cirdan in Valinor. :)
Emily chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I almost cried at some points during your story. It didn't help that I was listening to heavenly sad music. : (

"Come, get on the boats."

I bet that happened quite a few times during the course of the day. Probably the only funny thing in that time. : (

And yay, a little Erestor! : )

What a perfect ending. I was so happy when I read those last two words. : )
HaloFin17 chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
That was awesome! I love Cirdan/Gil-galad fics, and this one warmed my heart considerably! And I also like to think that they would've been reunited in Valinor, for what it's worth ) I can't believe I never found this fic before, excellent job!

Maglor the Harper chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
I liked this story alot. It was short and sweet. Gil-Galad and Cirdan were just perfect and the story had a nice tone to it. Awesome job!
Woman of the Dunedain chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Happy endings are good. I love that it covered every stage of his life.
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 10/29/2004
That is absolutely beautiful! I almost cried! You are an amazing writer, and I praise your work throughly. You have no flaws whatsoever! Oh, please continue writing for a long time yet.

ErynLasgalen26 chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
What a wonderful story!
Though it did hurt to read about Ereinion's death (again), you did a magnificent job.
Love the reunion in Aman!
Clarenova chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
OOh. Oh. *melts into a little puddle* I love this!
pattygarv chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
I look forward to reading this vignette. I must tell you, however, that I am slightly dismayed. I re-read "Fields of Gold" today, and then logged on-line thinking to down-load the continuation-maybe even the END-of the tale. Alas,...NO UPDATES since Sept.2! This is such an endearing tale! Please, hold your muse hostage, or whatever it takes, to complete this story. Glorfindel is one of my favorite characters, and it is hard to find stories that give him any depth. I think fan fiction writers must be as all others who, as you state in chpt. XI, "love and evade him in turns".
Enough of the evasion! Let us love him again!
Happy New Year!
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
What a lovely statement to wrap your story around. One, all of us should take to heart. You have provided again a wonderful look into the lives of these elves. I never tire of your vignettes and the marvelous chemistry between the characters.
Erestor chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
I really enjoyed this brief story. I liked how the passage of time was portrayed, how Cirdan was shown to be both rather gruff and very loving, and of course Glorfindel and Erestor where wonderful. Good job! I loved the ending.
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
This was very moving. What a great sense it gives of Cirdan and what he managed to do. I am also charmed by your Gil-galad.
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
Yeayee! Thank you thank you thank you!
*huggles Levade really really tight*
It made my day. Really!
I know the story of the man and the starfish and it does seem a Cirdanish sort of thing to do. Seeing light in dark places and all that. It always inspires me.
"Working far more gently than many would credit an Elf who bent wood to his will, Círdan untangled the bird and spoke quietly to the creature. "
I really liked this description. Hard to explain why, but I did.
Ereinion is very sweet in the first bit, and he is upset poor little mite. It must seem to him as if all the world is out of his control and that there is so little that he can do to change things. But Cirdan is right, for every small bit of kindness it will make the world of difference to the one that you do it to.
In the next bit I love the growly shipwright insisting that ships be used, but at the same time carting around stuffed animals for upset little elflings (he's broadened his mind a bit hasn't he!).
"He recalled only too well what it was to be so small and frightened, torn away from home and family."
Aw! *huggles them both* But he would understand better than anyone. No wonder he and Elrond become such close friends.
And e! Tiny Erestor! He's so cute! And just so sad... he trusts a kindly stranger instinctively, but his home has just been destroyed but other elves - strangers. I like that Cirdan still realises that Ereinion is still so young and in need of support.
The next bit made me sad though. It was nice to see a Cirdan scene here because everyone always ignores what he is feeling. Made me feel like crying though. It must be just like losing a son. And no wonder he never wants to leave the sea again. The beaches are cleaned every turn of the tide but the death and fear will never leave Mordor.
And you let Elladan and Elrohir go to Aman! And they're going to see their Naneth and they're happy. *bounces* So many people kill them off! I love Glorfindel's needling of Celeborn. Felt sorry for Cirdan though because he has no family to meet him, only a small hope that Ereinion will be there. And his last memories cannot be happy.
You were nice to Galadriel! *grins* Thankie!
And the ending was lovely. Just perfect. And left me with a big huge happy smile. Oh and I loved this bit too "a place for a weary and heart-sore child to rest his head, Ereinion hugged the Shipwright tightly".
Ah... I loved it all. Except the death scene was sad. But it's a wonderful story and thank you thank you thank you.
Hirotani chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
I am very familiar with the starfish tale. Yes, it seems like something Círdan would certainly do, doesn't it?
Ah, there are too few tales for Ereinion and Círdan! I much enjoyed yours. It deserves to be set amongst my Favourites.
Hirotani Kagemusha
farflung chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
That was so nice. It is good to remember that one day the elves will be in Aman and happily re-united with their loved ones. All they had to suffer and go through will have been worth it.
I too have heard the story of the starfish. It is good to remember because we can make a difference one thing, day, person at a time. I also like the saying 'it is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.' There seems to be so much darkness in our world now. We need to light candles.
Thank you for you reminder.