Reviews for A ROHAN GHOST STORY
Lady Kate chapter 23 . 3/27/2013
Fabulous story! I very recently re-watched the LOTR films, and I was looking for some fic that focused on Eomer, and yours was the first one I decided to read. However, I'm now afraid that you may have ruined me for all other fics - this was just SO well done!

When reading fanfics, I usually skim the first bit just to see if it's what I'm looking for. With yours, once I got hooked, I had to backtrack and re-read everything more closely because I didn't want to miss anything. I have to tell you, I stayed up way too late reading this fic.

Your writing had such great characterization that, although I'd originally come reading in search of Eomer, by the time I was getting to the end of the story, I was just as interested in Elfhelm. (Okay, not quite - Eomer still had the edge - but I was *almost* as interested!)

I also appreciated your attention to detail - enough to really clearly describe the action and set the mood, without being overdone, and with none of the continuity errors that can irk me right out of the storyline.

So, to sum up: fabulous story - I love it to pieces! I want to tell you that you are brilliant, and I hope you have written many other stories.
excalibur2007 chapter 23 . 12/15/2012
Great story. Loved it!
excalibur2007 chapter 11 . 12/6/2012
One of the best chapters ever. Breathtaking.
excalibur2007 chapter 10 . 12/6/2012
Not funny anymore. Poor Éomer.
excalibur2007 chapter 9 . 12/5/2012
You are utterly Wicked! What a twisted mind! Are you sure you arent related to Grima?

I cant stop my laughing fit. Éomers fans are going to go up the wall!

Im really enjoying this story.
excalibur2007 chapter 8 . 12/5/2012
I have no words. Amazing!

This story has to be read after dealing with Éomers banishment. Maybe you could re-arrange your stories chronologically, otherwise many details would be undetected.

You truly have a wicked sense of humour!.
excalibur2007 chapter 7 . 12/4/2012
Grima calling Eomer "my liege", simply too much. I love your dark humour.
excalibur2007 chapter 5 . 12/4/2012
What a way of being reunited with his worst nightmare!.

What dark humour: an uruk forcing down one of Grimas potions and Eomer in a retching fit.
excalibur2007 chapter 4 . 12/4/2012
Now, on to the next one.
The battle scene, as usual, in full details.

Your cunning villain is back!.
Adrea019 chapter 23 . 7/6/2012
This was a great story. I heard a few people complimenting it, saying it was one of their favorite Eomer stories out there and so I decided to drop an eye on it myself. Boy, am I glad that I did! Very well written, believable and thrilling. I loved how you wrote the rape scene too, without threating the readers like a bunch of kiddos and constantly warning "BEWARE! ONLY A DELUSION! JUST A DREAM! EOMER'S A GOOD GUY!" You never said it was a hallucination and yet the reader *knew* that it was. Masterfully done indeed.

I have a question though ( I hope you still hang around in FF to read this review and answer it ): what do I do now, after I read "A Rohan Ghost Story"? Do I go to "Twilight of the Gods" or to "Closer"?
Thanwen chapter 11 . 4/9/2012
What an awesome imagery! You really force the reader to feel the atmosphere, to experience the child's horror and numbness, and to understand the consequences the event has on the development of his character and general attitude.

Also the trigger for this flashback is well constructed, catching the emotion and being plausible at the same time.

This scene really does you proud!
Thanwen chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
What a splendid battle scene! And quite a nasty ways to trigger it off!

Though being the geek I am, what I liked most was that remark about Éomer's hope that the saddle belt was still intact. It is those little things that can make you win or lose.

A really dark scene to be honest, and a thrilling and realistic one.

I'm turning green with envy, as I myself simply suck at battle scenes.
Thanwen chapter 2 . 2/11/2012
I hesitated quite a while before starting to read this story, being always more that suspicious when I stumble over a story following "movie line" and/or being AU, and I am an awful geek as far as background and practical things like horse handling, food, wound-care etc. is involved.

I certainly found things to frown upon in these two first chapters... but there is such a thing as "grudging admiration".

Blimey, what a way to create atmosphere, to build up tension, to make interaction believable. And for once no romance! :-D

Thanks for a thrilling story. One more reason to overcome ones prejudices, at least for an addict like me (I'm going to devour the rest of it over the weekend.)
Randa-Chan chapter 23 . 7/17/2005
Aww...that was great! Will there be a sequel where Eomer goes to Rivendell and is healed? I'd like to see him meet the twins, Glorfy and Erestor and I'd also like to see his wedding and how he takes that. It would be lighter that what you've previously written but I do not think it would matter. You write well enough to even make a story about watching paint dry interesting. Just a thought anyway. By the way, I also love the fic! (Just worked out I haven't said that yet!) It's so hard to find a good Eomer fic these days. Good stuff!

Love Ran*
LadyArian chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Interesting. hmm, where are you going? can i come inside your head and see what you're up to? i'm very curious. very interesting indeed.