Reviews for The Power of Love
SolarinStudio chapter 9 . 7/7/2007
I Hate Will Du.

I have for quite some time. Until readingyour story, he was always just slightly worse than an irritant. Like a pebble in your shoe, or an itchy tag in your shirt. But -YOUR- version of him fills me with a loathing that can not be expressed in rational thought.

I suppose that is for the best, because the contempt I feel for him probably is not rational. It is beyond rational.

I feel sorry for Kim and Ron. I really do. I hope they work things out. Right now though, my sympathies lie with Ron.

Excellent writing! Your tempo is brisk, and your dialogue is crisp. Keep up the good work!
SolarinStudio chapter 2 . 7/7/2007
I am glad I discovered you! Your writing actually makes me excited for the next installment. However, I have to ask:

Rufus as the blob creature is patterned after Choo-Choo Bear, isn't he?

Love it!
BigJames321 chapter 14 . 1/4/2007
This has been a truly remarkable story, great fun.

In chapter 14 Kim was willing to face the music (and Ron) in order to ask for forgiveness for yet again her weakness for a handsome face and a smooth line when she came to his apartment. A small part of maturity is being ready to accept even unpleasant actions such as humbling yourself before someone you have wronged. When Kim apologized to Ron and then waited for him to strike her, fear and shame were tearing her up inside, but she realized _again_ that she was happier with him in her life than with some new crush. She would have accepted almost any punishment that he would inflict. Fortunately for them both, Ron on the show and in this story is a true friend of the highest caliber. He would _never_ do anything to hurt or humilate his beloved KP: Kim really needs those facts hammered into her psyche. No matter what the details are, you should learn to not keep making the same mistake over and over. Kim chasing a new guy (or girl) and Ron being forgotten/slighted/ignored are just too cliched now.

When Will Du was toying with Ron at the restaurant, Kim should have been able to see the obviousness of Will's actions. Regardless of his past history as a slacker in high school, Ron showed clear signs of responsibility and capability as a waiter, a chef, and in his fighting skills. Mad at him or not, Kim should not have been so oblivious to Will's baiting of Ron. That detail alone was the most infuriating thing about her actions in that chapter.

In chapter two Wil Du make an exclusive offer to Kim to join Global Justice. The sorrow and heartache this lie caused the eternal and loving best friends was glaringly obvious to any and all concerned, but they could have been fully avoided easily. Why didn't Kim or Ron contact someone in GJ about why Ron was not asked to join? Doing so would make the story less angsty and be too easy a solution, I know, but the glaring lack of doing so is a _big_ plot hole. This small but important inaction in itself is not only OOC for the characters but also for real people in a similar real-world situation too.

In closing, I really liked the ending, the villains' main threat and underwater lair(very James Bond-like), and how the main heroes recounciled in action and in private. I hope that you write similar action epics and a few humorous/romantic stories featuring Middleton's favorite couple and their naked mole rat buddy. Thank you for the fun tale and the respectful way that you handled every character.

God bless and great times!
CastaS chapter 14 . 8/14/2006
great story, can't say anymore, i'm just out of words.
Hillary moore chapter 14 . 4/21/2006
make more chapters...the story is really good so far
Larie-chan chapter 14 . 3/26/2006
Hika-bika-boo.
Larie-chan chapter 11 . 3/26/2006
NO! WILL MUST DIE!

Throw him to the Pit of Despair!

Cast his deciving fleshy body amongst the Monkeies of Doom!

Whimp-slap him repeatedly until he is mildly annoyed!

I WANT JUSTICE.
Larie-chan chapter 7 . 3/26/2006
GAH! Can they NOT see that it's all WILL"S FAULT? Come on! He's the one who's tripped Ron BOTH times! Now stupid Du-butt will comfort Kim and-and-and spontaniously combust because THAT would be JUSTICE! -*scream of inner agony*-
Neko-chan4 chapter 9 . 11/4/2005
Arrgh, I wasn't going to review until the end-I was on a roll, pace-wise that is-but I just couldn't resist after this chapter! So much has built up! (Sorry to sound so stingy-I just tend to overdo the reviewing, so I've had to cut back due to time constraints, etc.)

Seriously love the whole fic so far. The characters are all so lovable, hilarious, and absolutely, on-the-dot IN CHARACTER! Serious Kudos for that! I am constantly amazed by it-just about every scene, every line sends me into bouts of amazed laughter and shouts of, "She would SO say that!", "He would SO do that!" and "This is so them, it's UNCANNY!" I think this whole fic has played in full-color, HDTV vision in my mind it's written so skillfully, wittily (
anonymous chapter 14 . 8/26/2005
love it. especially the last chapter. excellent work.
userx chapter 14 . 7/15/2005
woww. that was a truly excellent story! you're a really great writer
Porphyria-Kris chapter 14 . 6/25/2005
And all is now well with the world! Hooray!

I can now sleep easily with the warm images of Kim and Ron fluff bouncing through my sleepy little head.

Thank for writing the story. What a fun ride (if somewhat nerve-wracking at points). _
Porphyria-Kris chapter 13 . 6/25/2005
w00t w00t!

Major booty kicking all around! It'd take far too long for me to praise all my favourite highlights of the battle, so I'll be succinct and say the whole affair was intensely gratifying. _

*chuckles* I'm guessing Kimmie doesn't think her mother's advice sounds so corny now, eh? I liked you you tied it back to that.

Originally I'd shied away from reading this fic because I thought the title "The Power of Love" meant the story would entail cheesiness. But, with the hilarious acronym of LoVE it really turned out to be clever... and mad for major laughs when Drakken proclaimed, “Kim Possible! You think you’re all that, but you’ll never escape the power of LoVE!” The funny thing is, considering the paragraphs proceding that, that's probably the first completely accurate thing the doctor's said in this entire story. *grin*
Porphyria-Kris chapter 11 . 6/24/2005
"Ron sneezed violently into his hands, thankfully missing the glasses he was preparing. “Someone must be talking about me,” he muttered"

*grin* Off topic, I know, but I guess martial arts wasn't the only thing Ron picked up in Japan, eh?

I loved how frank Uncle Don was about the situation... someone needed to be.

And, as always, I'm lovin' the Monique banter.

Not lovin' how Will always seems to forget it was his bound form that Ron tripped over when the whole nuclear incident happened... If anything it was a mutual goof.

SPEAKING OF WHICH! It has been striking me as odd this whole time that GJ pointedly did not as Ron to join when it was Dr. Directer that singled out the "Ron Factor" as a big part of what helped Kim win. It just didn't sit right... and it's good to know you put that in there with good reason and my instincts aren't haywire.

That little weasel Du... man, was it ever satisfying to read about Kimmie chewing his pointed little head off. *grumble, huff*

P.S. The disclaimers are amusing me to no end.
Porphyria-Kris chapter 10 . 6/24/2005
Nice "Cask of Amontillado" reference! I always DID find that to be one of the creepier Poe stories (being buried alive by someone you trusted... *shiver*). It had an even more chilling affect here since I'm so attached to the characters.

Here's hoping they both stop moping around and come to their senses soon.

P.S. Interesting parallel drawn between Ron and Kim's dad... something about each of their demeanors always did remind me of one another... perhaps its the ability they both have to embarass Kim with their hapless social conduct. Not to mention I could SO see Ron doing the "hurt-my-daughter-and-say-hello-to-a-blackhole" routine... that is if he ever had a daughter... or access to a blackhole...
240 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »