Reviews for Light Lingering
asdfjkl chapter 2 . 11/25/2008
i liked it. xD
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
I just loved this delightful and thought provoking story.
daw the minstrel chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
What a wonderful prince Eldarion has turned out to be. Adventuresome, but still gentle at heart. Like Faramir in that, I suppose. Thank you for this lovely story.
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
Wow. What a great beginning. Your control of language is exact. You evoke these characters wonderfully. Faramir is familiar, but Eldarion is as I haven't seen him before. He must have had a unique task in growing up in the gaps between these two races, one of them fading and the other his fate to govern. And you draw me in with these hints of some sort of presentiment.
Reviewer chapter 2 . 1/8/2004
I have always wondered about Eldarion; what kind of man or king will this son of the Eldar become. I think in this instance, Earendil would be quite proud.
Great work, thanks for sharing.
(p.s. We don't see Eldarion's curse line in the posting. Was this because of the rating?)
Jaded Scorpio chapter 2 . 1/5/2004
I really liked the sword-dance. This, like all your stories, has a lot of thought behind it. Faramir's love of the ancient works in the library, and of what the sword protects-seems very in character and reminded me why I love Faramir. :) Their friendship was cool, with Faramir finding a kindred spirit in Eldarion. :)
ancarett chapter 2 . 1/2/2004
That was an amazing treatment of two great characters (both sadly overlooked). I love your conception of Eldarion's meeting with Faramir and their sharing of the sea-moment. Very evocative and well-put with both the Elven and Numenorean connections of the characters. I only wish that the second chapter had done something more to resolve that sea vision for Faramir's part as well.
Sphinx chapter 2 . 1/1/2004
Would dearly love to hear another little tale of that Khand war...Aragorn surrounded by murderers and getting rescued by Eldarion? Sounds tops.
But my King wouldnt need rescuing. Nope.
*marches with the Scruffy Ranger parade*
You really dont want me to tell you just how good this was one more, no?
Galorin chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
This story is so beautiful, I especially love the
haunting image of a small, young Eldarion with huge eyes. The kinship between he and Faramir-who had in youth been much like him-is a joy to read. You capture the conflict of a peaceful soul who is forced to fight so well! Great work!
tychen chapter 2 . 12/30/2003
Loved the feel of this piece,often having wondered what it must have been like as a child of of living so much to live up to ,how easy to loose oneself in others one knew that better than write more,it was a pleasure to find.
Antigone Q chapter 2 . 12/29/2003
Beautiful! Just beautiful! Very Tolkien-esque. I rarely browse through the new fiction - I'm so glad I did this time. Your command of the language is wonderful, and it is obvious you know your characters well.
Sothis Simbelmyne chapter 2 . 12/29/2003
*dies*
You write LOTR fic as good as you write Silmfic. EEk. Sword dance really written well. As for Faramir, he had become my most loved character the LoTR, except maybe Gandalf.
Like their understanding. Moved me as always.
Dammit I cannot write a coherent review. But thank you, thank you for another brilliant fic.
Rascal chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
This is really well-written, compelling. Kind of a subtle cliffhanger. It shows a good in-depth understanding of Faramir and ME in general, which is SO SEVERELY LACKING and SO SO REFRESHING in your writing. Also, not a shallow theme. Also good. And vidid language. And good concept. And assorted general wonderfulness. Thanks for writing it. :]
Tokyo Nightingale chapter 2 . 12/29/2003
I really liked this a lot _ Faramir's one of my favorite characters, and the idea of him finding a kindered spirit in Aragorn's son is so sweet! Great job ... keep writing! Such a neat idea. : )
Arahiril chapter 2 . 12/29/2003
YAY! This is a wonderful story. I think this is the first time that I've ever read a story about Eldarion and Faramir, making it thankfully original. I just love your characterization of Faramir, and also how you portray Eldarion, since an author writing about him or anyone of his generation has to make up their own personalities for him. Overall, you did an amazing job on this story, and I hope you write another story about Faramir the Great soon!