Reviews for Points of Five
Vierge chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
It is eight in the morning. I haven't had a wink of sleep since maybe ten last night, mostly because I spent it reading this whole thing, end to end, roughly three times over. I've lost count, actually; I could well be on my fourth. This isn't counting the number of times I've gone back to certain chapters.

Reading this again reminds me of why I enjoyed this story so much: the pains and trials that the characters go through, and the opportunity to see Middle Earth through the eyes of other people who are not a part of that world. I don't get some of the jokes - likely they're in-jokes between you and your friends - but aside from that, this is a story on a grand, epic scale. I don't know why you've stopped it, though I suppose I cannot fault you for that. Admittedly, you've likely run out of stamina after nearly 40 chapters, and that's only FotR.

I pity you and Kam (or Sam) in this story. Rejection is not an easy thing to take, and you let Boromir die. I'm somewhat annoyed with you for that, by the by. How could you let him simply die like that, without ending your fight with him? The very least you could have done was to send him off with some measure of reassurance or absolution! God only knows he didn't get much of either...

*sighs*

But I suppose I cannot blame you for the choices you have made. They were, in the end, the right ones. Leaving Boromir alive would have altered the story irrevocably. And there is no guarantee he won't try to take the Ring again.

Well, at any rate, I'll read through this one more time, and then I'll likely go to bed.
Sleepwalking Dreamer chapter 44 . 12/29/2005
This is, truly, a heartwrenching chapter, one that comes so close on the heels of the previous loss of Boromir - a loss that is surely bearing down hard on Noelle.

What I like most about this is that the memory of home is never really too far away from the minds of these girls. They want to go back to it, somehow, someway - though it's interesting to note how they think of it when they're in grave danger or want to be anywhere but their current place.

Then again, I suppose that it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. We all turn to home, after all, when we are at our most depressed or at our saddest. It is a place of comfort, and of security - the latter two being things that the girls clearly do not have at the moment. After suffering as great a loss as Boromir's death, it is not surprising that the last place that Noelle would want to be is in Arda, a place that reminds her so much of the man she has lost and chose not to save.

Raziel cuts a most interesting figure here, showing a side of himself that was not seen before. It is easy to feel this somewhat wary ease around him during the initial chapters, but now I am not so sure if that is what I feel. If I recall correctly, one of the girls said that if they could not trust Raziel, who else could they trust, and this moment has put that very trust into question. He has deliberately led her away from the three people who could keep her safe, and brought her right into the heart of danger.

But all the same, I have to think that this somehow ties in with what he told Elrond all the way back in Rivendell: that he would "step in" if something were to go awry.

... Somehow, that does not make me feel comfortable at all - or at least, his methods do not.

I hope that you can update soon. You've left me hanging on tenterhooks here.
Sleepwalking Dreamer chapter 43 . 12/29/2005
Finally, you updated this story! It's been a while, you know...

Well, at any rate, this current chapter certainly delivers. It is strange, how difficult it is to place this voice. For some odd reason, it could be Noelle, questioning her place and the place of her friends in the entire Divine Plan that has been set for Arda. It is a plan that she is supposed to know, and know well, but now so much has changed, and she is no longer so sure of herself or of what role she and her friends are supposed to play.

At the same time, this could also be Galadriel, thinking on the uncertain future of Arda. In these dark, uncertain days, she is beginning to wonder whether or not there is a greater glory, whether or not one must face this doom, and then die to greet nothing at the end. She has lived for thousands of years, and she has seen many great and noble purposes fail and come to naught, or seen them succeed only to fail in the long run.

This is a very foreboding beginning to this new section of the story: forbidding, almost, warning of the impeding shadow that is to come.

Yet, all the same, I look forward to reading more.
Aniviel chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
I've only read the first chapter so far and I love your style. It's brilliantly descriptive, and you get a real feel for what you're writing about. Keep up the terrific work!
MrsD1017 chapter 2 . 6/14/2005
"The Prophecy of Isil" is so well-written and beautiful.
MrsD1017 chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
Wow! I have never in my life read such an elegantly, well-written introduction.

It made me kinda sad...but in a good way.

If this intro doesn't make someone NEED to read on...well then, they are absolutely hopeless.

Ta and thank you.
Hiei chapter 35 . 5/22/2005
Peste ang and i think i lost my pasword or something. Di ako maka log in.

A shortnote from me, who has been catching up with everything else that has happened. (Well not really short. Ako pa?) If anything, i'll restrict it to this latest one, because i particularly like it.

WIll not say anything about charcterization re : the babes as i do not know you all that well enough to say whether or no that would be what you guys would do. I have to say this tho, its a very human portrayal, thankfully swerving away from the Mary Sue horrors that haunts this type of fiction.

Feeling the frustration there. Its annoying to know the answer and know that you can't say it because someone else has to say it and you can't say it to that someone so they can say it because you would be royally screwed if you do. Sounds like me in a science class. _

Side note : Had an image of me running, screaming my head off. Dunno why. Humour the mad nursing student in university.

There is something very bittersweet about Boz. Bittersweet but its as if he's slightly stilted in his speech. i can't explain it further than that. Is that what you intended for him to sound like?

Where's my Cameo? *snortgiggle*

My PIP! *batok gandalf* stop pickin on him! *glee*

Okay, lost the plot somewhere there. But yes, as i said before. I love this thing you're doing. Just do your best to be true to what you envisioned this to be and watch out for Mary Sue Traps. otherwise, more power my dear wife.

So...when's the next one? (cameocameo?)
Vera C.D chapter 4 . 2/23/2005
Yes yes... the way you decided to use with the forein words are satisfatory ;)

Kises!

Vera
Vera C.D chapter 3 . 2/23/2005
Hello!

Well, I see where it is going, but i couldn't get a good picture of each girl yet. But maybe its too soon... well... anyway, I have a sugestion to make to you...

It makes things simpler and more fluent if you put the translation of each term nest it... you know, its kind of boring to have to go all down to the end of the page to see the meaning of the sentences and go up back, and then have to look at where we stopped.. you understand? Well.. its just a sugestion for future.. try and see the acceptance!

Kisses...

vera
Vera C.D chapter 2 . 2/23/2005
Here you have a beautiful poem... i wish i could write this way... but words are not my streght... well...

Just to make a note: I hope this fic doesn't turn into a mary sue one... because if it does, it will have lots of them uhauahuhauahuah...

But, one author said one time, that what are Tolkiens world if not a land for mary sues... you know... when you look in a first sight they seem all perfects... but them, when people stop to think about it, they begin to see that not every thing are like it seems...

Well... let me read!

Kisses
Vera CD chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
UAU! This is a really good introduction to a history! I really felt like i was reading a book... well writen and well put together!

I wanna see how things are gonna go in the next chapters... I will try to keep up the reviews with the chap..

And one question, Is the history all written, I mean, do you already has an end for it? Or are you writing and posting? Just to know...

Kisses

Vera
halberd chapter 30 . 1/25/2005
I love this story! I think the whole idea of Gil-Galad not dieing is really neat. Please update soon!
Tara6 chapter 20 . 1/9/2005
very very interesting, I'll finish the rest when I get home from work.
Sleepwalking Dreamer chapter 3 . 1/9/2005
Ah, at last, a fan fiction piece that mentions Glorfindel! You cannot imagine just how difficult it is to find stories that involve him, since, so it would seem, far too many people are focused on the movies and do not seem to have the courage to read the books.

Raziel is quite the interesting character. The child of Radagast, hmm? His companion equally intrigues me.

But what I enjoyed the most about this story is your portrayal of the five female characters. You have captured, so I believe, the Filipino spirit quite accurately, including the penchant for music and for laughter. Those are two of many things that may be considered constants amongst Filipinos.

Oh, and may I say that Quin is simply adorable, and that she makes quite an amusing diversion?
Sleepwalking Dreamer chapter 2 . 1/9/2005
Once again, this is another interesting chapter. The descriptions of the Children of Isil are very well done, and how they link up to the idea that they are Wiccan.

It is interesting to me that you have described them as Children of Isil; in essence, Children of the Moon. I am Wiccan myself, and know that we are all children of the Godess and the God. However, it might be interesting to note that in Tolkien's context, the moon is masculine, and the sun is feminine.

But I suppose that one can attribute it, instead, to the fact that in two different worlds, perceptions are very much different. Quibbling over the gender of celestial beings really does nothing for the enjoyment of a story, and I fully intend to enjoy this one.