Reviews for What's in a Name?
Kahlee chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
I really liked your story. Its sad, but happy and brings the warm fuzzies at times. I think that there could be a great sequel to this one. Thanks for the happy reading time!
Aeris Tiniel Mirime chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
What a beautiful study of the family of stewards. You put everything together so wonderfully - the heartwarming relationship between Boromir and Faramir, Denethor's guilt at not being closer to Far., the pride that keeps him away, Far's wish to please Denethor and confusion when he can't, and lastly the fact that he doesn't give up hope.

I am always interested in stories that touch on Boromir and Faramir as they grew up together, and this one really touched me. Excellent work. I am very glad to have found this fic.
Ani Abel chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
Great fic. And the title is said by Juliet in the balcony scene of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet followed by the line "That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Did it on purpos eor not, I love this fic.
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
What a beautiful story. I'm glad I found it. But poor Faramir. Your writing is first class.
Mary chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
I liked it! Simply was short but deep, and Faramir is a good character, it makes a lot of sense with how the books turn out.
Aurora West chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
Every single one of your stories is amazing. This one is no exception, of course. It's so nice to see Denethor doing a little more than just being horribly nasty to Faramir. And I love when Boromir tells Faramir that he's a jewel, too, and also when Gandalf comes...and...just pretty much the whole thing. :)
Campy Capybara chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
*sniff* That was a beautiful backstory - so apt and fitting into the Faramir of LOTR.
I've often wondered about their names; and if Faramir truly means 'adequate jewel'; he is certainly an adequate jewel for his King.
Thanks for writing such a lovely story.
shieldmaidenofrohan chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Oh my gosh, this is so sad! Very well written, and I like how you portray the tension even then between Faramir and Denethor.
Hirotani chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Brilliantly done! A fascinating look into the mind of a young Faramir and Denethor, and the rift that separates them.
Hirotani Kagemusha
Berzerkerprime chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
This was an excellent shortfic! Loved it, emmensely!
One thing bothers me slightly, though, and it's probably just me. The last bit where Denethor is talking to Gandalf, Denethor just seems uncharacteristically open with the wizard. he always seemed to be a bit more guarded than that, to me. But, as I said, it's just me.
Excelent fic, great research, and interesting insights into the characters. _
Arahiril chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
BEAUTIFUL! This story is absolutely fantastic. I think it's wonderful how you took a couple of facts and turned them into a wonderfully moving, touching, and bittersweet story. YAY! I hope you keep writing like this.
Golwen chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
This was a gorgeous story. I loved Denethor's interaction with Faramir, how he just can't move his heart to love his younger son as much as his elder.
I was waiting for someone to do a story about the meaning of the two names and to contrast Boromir I, the great warrior and Steward and Faramir son of Ondoher, who shirks his duty and sends his kingdom into chaos.
Nice touch adding in Gandalf. It's always nice when he pops up in the fair White City
Great Work
kaya chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Beautiful! I really like Faramir too, poor thing :) It's great that loads more lovely stories like this one are starting to appear about him. You write so touchingly.
kaya chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Window Girl chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Aww, how sad, but I love Faramir childhood fics.