Reviews for Breath of Fire 2: The Novelisation
D chapter 15 . 12/10/2014
This is a great story despite it not following the best ending and not including ... you should continue it.
Hikari chapter 15 . 11/9/2010
well I really like how you have written the fic so far but I really want to know why is it that everytime I read these ones of BOF 2 they always have nina and ryu together? why cant they let Katt have him? and I can relate to Katt about jealousy and heartache thats kinda why I ask. I do believe that it would be awesome that you can give Ryu to Katt. its only fair that way I think.
Prinny333 chapter 15 . 7/30/2009
Well, I just spent a few hours past midnight reading this and I have absolutely no regrets. Although I'm a few years late in replying to this story, I just have to comment on it anyways. You sir, are an excellent writer. This definitely rises to the peak as one of my favorite BOF fanfics. I truly enjoy the way you have written the story. You manage to keep the story somewhat accurate, and each of the main character's personalities are intact and nicely expressed (liked the dialogues with Jean, whether or not French vocabulary is correct). Most importantly, I love the Ryu and Nina romance, along with Katt's conflict. You put them at a reasonable and steady pace, making them coy or shy of their true feelings between each other than making one of them take some overly dramatic step in their relationship. Even though I really like Katt, I always prefer the Ryu and Nina pairing. It's too bad that this is not complete. Not that I blame you though. I probably would have stopped by chapter 4 if I was making a story with chapters this long. If there is anything I must complain about, it is at the end when you say "thanks for reading my crap." This is far from being called crap, let alone horrible. You have creativity, and this is a thrilling and excellent story. Hurray for Breath of Fire 2!
fel chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
i dont like a Ryu/Katt but i dont think katt would want Nina to die . Andaroy Darksoul is great, through i prefer te old demon/spider/worm barubary

(noticed that none bof 2 novel NEVER meet spar -.- its that why they always stop ? :P

Update soon
sigbru chapter 9 . 4/5/2007
the best bof 2 novel(that arent few)that i ever see

none was finished (the only one was with a sad end) most dint even meet spar (or "removed him" -.-)

just dont let it die update soon please ?
SteamedBun chapter 15 . 2/10/2007
This story's great; it's close enough to the game that I feel nostalgic, with enough new material to keep me interested. I read the entire thing in a single sitting, and I definitely have to say that the story's getting better. Not just plotwise, but in characterization, style, it's definitely improving.

Here's to hoping you write more for this story; Breath of Fire 2 is one of the games, if not the game that I like the most. (Nina is my favorite character)

Incidentally, is it just me or does Jean seem sort of psychotic? Or he just that extremely well adjusted/simplistic? The game never really said all that much about him besides the whole cooking episode, so the characterization you've given him is a really interested twist.
They Call Me Bidoof chapter 15 . 11/6/2006
This is a great story, not short on the action, nor does it forget the humor and romance as well..although, sometimes the transitions when you jump from one place to another can be a little bit confusing, this is still a great story (and its been added to as a favorite .) hope you update it again soon!
Lord Destroyer chapter 15 . 10/21/2006
It seems Katt is still jealous that Ryu likes Nina better. Better pair her up with either Bow, Sten, Rand, or Jean to advoid any cat fights (pun again not intended) in the near future.
Shining Apocalypse chapter 15 . 9/23/2006
dont call it crap. its a brilliant story and its well written. if this is crap, then my fic must be the worst of the worst... oh well, i shall live. keep up the good work!
Pyrokitsuna chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Good chapter!
Dragon Man 180 chapter 15 . 7/24/2006
Very nice journey into Grandpa, I especially like how the group got split up. I pity the enemies that take on the whole group. Now will Bleu be joining the party soon?
GuyverZero chapter 15 . 7/24/2006
great to see an update to this story. the sotry so far has been great. hope to read the next chapter soon. good luck with it.

Shining Apocalypse chapter 14 . 4/23/2006
i really like the way you've written the game up. the bits you've added are brilliant! BoF2 is one of my fav. games and i think u've done a really good job! try to update more often tho.
ngrey651 chapter 14 . 4/8/2006
There seems to be two things consistent with many Breath of Fire Novelizations.

One...they never get finished.

Two...they stink.

Yours doesn't stink. At first it was rough, but now it's a sweet piece of fiction. Futhermore, you've begun to update more, and for that I tip my hat to you. Nice job on the last chapter. Don't give up the good work!
Oni-Kaiser chapter 14 . 3/30/2006
I'm.. intrigued. I've enjoyed the story so far. its pretty good. update a little more often? haha good job.