Reviews for To the Mountain
samus18 chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
Indeed this is getting even more interesting as I read further. :o I'm not sure what else to say about this chapter except that it's spurning me forward. XD
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
So far, this story seems incredibly interesting. :) Granted, we're not yet reading about anything in this chapter that we don't know already - whether you've read the book or seen the movie - but I have no doubt that the plot will get even more interesting than it already is. I commend you on your writing, also. Most stories I take a look at are not written as well as this - you really seem to do justice to Tolkien's writing. :) I can't wait to read more.
Axis of Equinox chapter 15 . 7/11/2004
final verdict: You come up with THE MOST AMAZING plots. the first few chapters of this one were a little shakey, but you warmed up to it and the writing got really good. a few plot holes, but I LOVED the way you worked in how the MOS found Sam. VERY smooth. the ending few paragraphs: SO cheesy. ah, but I love cheese, especially on sandwiches _ another of your triumphs!
Axis of Equinox chapter 14 . 7/11/2004
woah! barely escaped, and discovered already! cool! and do you realise the irony of the hobbits current situation? it's up to Frodo and Pippin, who have always been the followers, to take charge and care for the other two AND get them out of this mess. how did you finish it all off in just one more chapter?
Axis of Equinox chapter 11 . 7/11/2004
HA! I just know Pippin's gonna be the hero of this story! YES! We all love Pippin. he's so cool. this chapter was very good, probably the besht one yet.
Axis of Equinox chapter 8 . 7/11/2004
wow. you're evil. *grins* you're cool.
Axis of Equinox chapter 5 . 7/11/2004
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. evil. this chapter was much better. good girl *pats head*
Axis of Equinox chapter 2 . 7/11/2004
PUT SOME CLOTHES ON HIM! Gah! I realise that in the book he's naked, but damn! Frodo naked just gives me SUCH a nasty mental picture... *shudder* anyway. You came to this part WAY to fast. you need another chapter before this one where Sam is travelling. cuz I mean, you went straigt from Shelob's lair to the foot of Orodruin! that's pretty... brief. I think having the meeting of Sam and the orc and their battle could easily make a couple paragraphs; you might even be able to stretch it to a bit more. I did like the confrontation with the mouth of Sauron though. as usual with you, the idea for this is AMAZING. BUT it just needs some work.
Janna Silver Hawkins chapter 6 . 5/29/2004
Awesome, yellowrose!
RenaissanceGrrl chapter 15 . 5/5/2004
I debated on breaking this up into smaller reviews, (I wrote this on notepad on my comp at home while I read), but as I'm short on time, here it is all at once. _
OMG! Maybe it IS a cliche to have Sam take the Ring, but it's not one I've run across before. Never thought about it-what if he hadn't turned back for Frodo? Hmm. At first I thought you had changed Tolkien so that Frodo actually was dead, but I'm pleased to see you didn't. (Frodo fan, does it show? _)
*pauses a moment to gasp in relief that Frodo is alive and in the hands of the good guys*
As there are LOTS more chapters left to read, I'm assuming you don't kill him again.
Quite honestly, I'm not so sure that what happened to Frodo at he Crack of Doom would have happened to Sam had Sam taken the Ring after Shelob's Lair. 3 reasons: 1. He regarded it as Mr. Frodo's Ring the whole time, it was never "his" Ring. 2. I think he had a purer heart all along, not that Frodo was an evil person by any means, but Sam was so innocent, probably never understood how serious the whole thing was until Gandalf fell. 3. He also, as you mentioned, had a great deal more physical strength and was much closer to the goal when he actually did get the Ring, he had a lot more reserve to draw on. In your fic, it's not really a major plot point (the concern is with the aftermath), so I wouldn't worry about it. Just a thought.
OMG! Poor Samwise kidnapped by the bad guys! (Funny how often your fics make me say "poor Samwise"...)
Sorry, I just had to lol at the line about death and not ever being sure about these things. It was a very Samwise sort of thing to say.
Poor, poor Samwise...
I agree with Aly! Sean Astin RAWKS!
Ankara, Radak and Jalan? Those names fit that race REALLY well. Nice.
Lol again at Pippin "smiling and waving" at the Easterling boy. _ For some reason that seems funny to me...
Here's another point where you quoted: "We can't leave him to torture and death!" At the point of the breaking of the Fellowship, in the movie, Aragorn says, "We cannot abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death." Similarly, in the book, at the same point, he says "if I seek [Frodo] now in the wilderness, I must abandon the captives to torment and death." I think it's cool when that happens-I've done that, too!
*sniffles, running to Samwise with a first-aid kit, just wanting to HELP the poor little fella* Poor, poor Samwise! It's innocence, not gullibility, isn't it, Sam? *sniffles again*
Go Gamgeefest! _ BTW, I read his fic "Frodo Writes a Story". Very sweet, cute little fic.
Ah, yay! Gandalf and Aragorn are on the case, that's never a bad thing.
Oh, yay! They found Sam! Unfortunately, what's to come is not pleasant...but they're together! That counts for SOMETHING!
Oh, great, now I'm on pins and needles over Frodo and Sam, too! But Pippin's free! I predict he gets away and gets help, probably Aragorn and Gandalf, or at least whoever they've sent to look for the hobbits! At least, that's what I hope happens!
Hehe, Pippin's smarter than he looks, he marked the trail. *pats Pippin on the head*
NO! Pippin cannot be caught! It would be the End of All Things! (Hmm, where have I heard that phrase before? _)
M...Pippin's teaming up with Jalan...I'm not sure of the wisdom in that...
To quote my fried Kade, there's ALWAYS a secret option "C"! And nice throwback to The Hobbit.
WOW, that really puts it in perspective, that's right, the four hobbits HAVEN'T all been together since the breaking of the Fellowship, and alone together since Bree...whoa...
Aww, Sam may very well be on the brink of death and all he can think is that he got to see Frodo again. *huggles Samwsise*
No, no, no, no, no! You can't have everyone all reasonably safe and then let them get CAPTURED again! That's just not RIGHT!
Oh, phew, they killed him. There's a poetic justice in dumping him in the river. _
*tension is released as she sighs in relief* It IS Aragorn and Gandalf! Reading your works, one never dares to get one's hopes up!
*notes to self: Never leave Hobbits alone. Might be useful info later on.*
Yay! Rosie! _ Double yay! Happy ending! I'm a sucker for a happy ending..._
The Lady of Mirkwood chapter 5 . 2/5/2004
Very good story! I am a Sam fan too, so I appreciate somebody writing a good Sam fic (that isn't mostly about Frodo)! I haven't written anything yet, but when I write my first fic, I will tell you. It's about Sam
samfan23 chapter 15 . 2/2/2004
I just found this story and LOVED it! Wow! There aren't enough good Sam stories and this was one of the best I've ever read! Have you written any other stories? I hope you will write more in the future. This was a terrific story!
Sam chapter 15 . 2/2/2004
No! It can't end! *sob* You are going to write another won't you? Please? With a hobbit on top? Anyways, I loved this chapter! Who am I kidding? I loved this story. I love Sam.
I think my favorite part in this story is when Sam stands and tells Merry and Frodo not to give in to the Black Wizard. He's so brave and strong and he's mine! But I'll share him with you:)
Seriously though, I really hope you write more soon.
GamgeeFest chapter 15 . 1/31/2004
It was a bit rushed, but aw! They're all happy and safe finally. That's just like Sam to protect his master to the last of his strength, and I like that the Black Wizard met the same fate as his victims. The Easterlings would be rejoicing that, no doubt, even if they may not know how it happened. Unless Jalan told them. They at least knew he was dead, otherwise, I doubt the hobbits would have been able to remain where they were for three days without being found. But once the Black Wizard was dead, there was no reason to follow through with his orders. Nazis huh? I can see that. Not all the Germans fought for Hilter because they wanted to.
Great ending. Good luck with school and I'll be looking forward to your next fic, whenever that may be.
laurajslr chapter 15 . 1/29/2004
Oh that was brilliant, I loved read To the mountain. it beautifully written, thankyou very much.
I didn't think it ended abruptly at all. I hope you get on well with you work and that we'll be hearing more from you in the future.