Reviews for Circumstance
Selena92 chapter 27 . 10/4
OH MY F*CKING GOD! THIS WAS...WOW...

AWESOME!

The premise, the relationships, the world building- I am in absolute awe! I love this story to bits. I binge read through it- I had to literally force myself to stop reading to sleep.

Severus Snape is my favourite character and as thus, I love stories where the poor lonely man can form an understanding, close bond with Harry or someone from the "Good" side. A bit of Dumbledore bashing never fails to please me, either.
It's just in canon, poor Snape never got a break- abused and neglected at home, his treatment making him woefully incapable of formin healthy friendships, being mercilessly and cruelly bullied (and I'm certain he wasn't treated right in his own house either), Lily abandoning him, the good side abandoning him and so many of his classmates to Voldemort (if they had treated the Slytherins right, if Dumbledore et al had aknowledged that they were children in need of warmth and compassion, rather than evil spawn just waiting to join Voldemort- whose evil was probably gravely underestimated by many, after all, why believe the people who enjoyed playing cruel and humiliating jokes on them?). Seriously, it's Dumbledore's and the schools actions toward Slytherins that made so many of them susceptible to Voldemort/feel there was no other recourse for them but to join. And I don't believe that Severus was ever evil, that he realized Voldemorts evil...or what a dangerous path he would walk, would be forced to bind himself to the guy.
Severus never could work through all his trauma and then Dumbledore forced him to teach, at a place that had been hell to him, to people that, at first, were old enough to remember his constant humiliation, maybe even the horrific sexual harrassment he suffered at least once in fifth year after the OWLs- it's no surprise he tries to protect himself by bein as acerbic as possible- hurt them so they don't see how easily they could hurt me- and much of his behaviour toward Gryffindor and Harry in particular is because he can't afford for the Dark Side to catch onto the fact that he's a traitor- and the "Light" Side knowing too much could spell his death too- Harry was a constant reminder of what he lost, of his feelings of guilt and also, because he looks like his faster, probably seemed a particularly cruel reminder of James.
Then there's Sirius continued bullying, though verbal.
Poor guy never had people truly on his side. (Sorrry for the rant).

So I am very glad that in this story, he does. I love the link and new relationship between Harry and him! I'd love a sequel, or small snippets of the Verse. I am, for instance, very curious how they fit back into school, what with Snape not having to cater to the "evil Potions Master that surely must dabble in the Dark Arts"-persona that has to please the Dark side to avoid being uncovered as a traitor anymore and their new relationship. How will Ron, Hermione, everyone else react? Will they defend each other (I would love one with Harry defending Snape to his friends/a group of Gryffindors or Slytherins that want to please Voldemort by harming Snape and or Snape stopping people from harrasing Harry, both of them bantering)? Will Snape have time to recover now?

I will surely read this story over and over- it's one of my most treasured and most favourite Harry Potter stories now.

Thank you so much for this gem! You are AWESOME!
RoyalBubbles chapter 27 . 9/18
One of the best Harry Potter fanfics I have ever read. It was so full of emotions, my heart buzzed. I love how you developed the relationship between Harry and Severus. Love to read more of your works. xx
Lilly Granger chapter 27 . 7/23
Wonderful story! Your character development is really well paced and the action was so real. Thanks for sharing with the world
Pancake chapter 27 . 6/5
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I wish there were a sequel or more. My heart hurts for them and I love them sm! Sev and harry are such a cinnamon rolls.
Thank you for writing this masterpiece!
Dumbledore-The-Phoenix chapter 27 . 4/11
I loved this! It really grew on me with each chapter. I adore a fic that brings Harry and Snape together in a believable way. I’ll read most any fic that brings them together, but it’s always a leap of faith to see whether the author will make me believe it, and you really did.
Little.Luna chapter 27 . 11/25/2018
Incredible. Loved it !
Guest chapter 27 . 10/30/2018
This was so so good! Not what I expected but the journey reading this was lovely. Thank you for writing this (:
Guest chapter 4 . 7/30/2018
I don’t want to alarm you, but your story has a Mary Sue infestation.

Leonora sucks. Your story would greatly improve if she were to die.
Pheonixash chapter 27 . 7/7/2018
It was really one of the best stoty I've read lately. Thank you for writing and finishing the story. Kepp writing...
Bless you
Mrpoch chapter 27 . 6/24/2018
I loved it! Thank you
Guest chapter 27 . 6/23/2018
Wow, simply wow. A well written story, a page turner, full of suspense and action. I enjoyed this adventure you skillfully crafted and wished to see what happens in the end of the war. But, it does end perfectly. Characters were depicted perfectly and this story deserves more reviews. I was not disappointed and had me intrigued, amused and laughing from start to finish. A great read for anyone looking for something different and needing something interesting. High praises from this reader and I do hope you consider writing some more. Your skills are excellent. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/22/2018
Finished chapter six and loving it. Especially Harry's adolescent thinking (sticking relatably true to character) and Snape's response and actions are perfect. Always making me laugh. Great job.
As Alan Rickman is my favorite, I was excited to hear he was playing my favorite character in the movie series when they first came out in theatres. I was 16 and book three was out. The excitement. *Sigh* Good times... When I was smiling for a moment in time...
Guest chapter 2 . 6/21/2018
Good evil curse! Love it!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/21/2018
Great opening first chapter! Intriguing, I am hooked. Love the action and suspense so far. I get many great ideas from dreams. So I highly encourage to keep dreaming my friend. Now on with the story.
Guest chapter 27 . 6/2/2018
Lovely story. Thanks for finishing it in such a heartwarming and hopeful way
1,468 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »