Reviews for Circumstance
annshit chapter 27 . 8/26/2022
such a bittersweet ending :( i miss them together. the bond they got to develop just for them to lose their closeness by going back to hogwarts. i am happy tho that especially harry got to express his feelings regarding severus, he clearly needed to. thank you! even after 15 years.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 2 . 7/26/2022
Please stop with all this italics and bold and jsut use regular font!
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 1 . 7/26/2022
Why the hell is hack the story in italics and half in regular text? This is annoying.
thatemomathkid chapter 1 . 9/22/2021
Such a wonderful story. Loved every minute
Guest chapter 27 . 9/7/2021
I come back to this again and again, this is one of my fave Snape and Harry gen fics. It reminds me of Cormac McCarthy's The Road, that mood of dystopia as they run from danger and encounter peril everywhere they go. And how their relationship changes as they journey, as the protector becomes the one who needs protecting and vice versa. Snape is so weary and beat down here but still keeps keeping on, in his role as Harry's protector. And Harry is just the best, with his fierce love that saves Snape's life. i love the scene where snape shows harry how to draw on the stars for his birthday. And harry's list of things he wants Snape to do (come to his Quidditch match, acknowlege him in the hallway)! This has just got all the feels and i love it sooo much.
stuovam chapter 26 . 5/16/2021
I love it!
RoyalBubbles chapter 26 . 3/14/2021
Reading it again after two years and it still managed to keep me on toes. I love Severus in this. His sufferings made my heart hurt.
Absolutely brilliant work. Kudos!
Elevenses chapter 27 . 3/8/2021
That plot was amazing and well written! Powerful Harry, a realistic snape/Harry relationship, lots of angst and humor make for a great fic. Thanks so much for writing!
Sleepyhawk502 chapter 27 . 12/22/2020
Great story, so much has happened. Thanks for sharing!
destructiveraider chapter 27 . 9/29/2020
This is the best story I have read in a long time. Your writing style is impeccable and the characterizations are spot-on! I relished in living through all these incredible adventures you described so perfectly in your story; most of the chapters really kept me at the edge of my seat. I caught myself chuckling numerous times, crying my eyes out twice and 'aww'-ing more times than I can count. The relationship between my two favourite characters in the entire series - namely our boys Harry and Severus - was so wonderfully intimate and beautiful; the development it had was mesmerizing; exactly what I want from a fic about those two powerful BAMFs. Severus' struggle with his health had me worried so many times throughout and reminded me of myself when I have issues; always trying to hide it to the best of my abilities from everyone and deal with it on my own; thankfully I also have a Harry to look out for me, haha. And I have been Harry so many times too with my own Severus. :D Regardless, this story is absolutely brilliant; your writing is so much better than many published books I have read, the plot you introduced is enticing and unique; I hope you never stopped writing, because it is a gift you definitely possess!
Lots of love to you, I hope you write more about those two, even if it has been 13 years since you last updated this story. (and thankfully finished it and didn't leave us dying to see what happens next. :D)
Forest of Deb chapter 27 . 9/6/2020
Oh, that was heart-wrenching.
Sad. Beautiful. Joyous.
Guest chapter 27 . 7/24/2020
This was really good!
cloudshape to ennien chapter 17 . 1/12/2020
My favorite sentence here: "He cared more about the thrill, than the cause - cared more about himself than you." What a fitting way to describe Sirius Black. Those words are so true about Black and so typical of Snape, it could be canon.

Your Lorelei-creature is a nice idea. It fits neatly into all the creatures we see in the HP world. That was not just very creative, but in a way a nod to Rowling, as it imitates her stile.

But I hate those cliff-hangers. I am to tired to read any more tonight, but so want to know how things go on...
cloudshape to ennien chapter 11 . 1/11/2020
I am looking forward to more Snape/Harry time together :)

But I am so sorry that Leonora is not accompanying them to Ireland. Why not? She would have been just the person to help them find the good in each other. Possibly the only person about who's good opinion of him Snape cares. And I like her character - hopefully she will return at some point in the story.

And finally Harry starts to think a bit more about Snape and not just "He's a bastard". I mean, he is of course, it just isn't more than a small part of what he is.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 8 . 1/11/2020
I love to see Snape rattled from time to time :)

Anyway: why did Snape call Harry "Potter" all the time? They might have been overheard by someone. In the forest before they entered the village he was afraid the trees might listen or talk and would not allow Harry to say where they were headed and surrounded by wizards of unkonwn loyalties he keeps saying "Potter" all the time, despite the danger of someone listening in. That seems rather illogical.

But on to the next chapter - this is rather exciting.
1,485 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »