Reviews for Riding the Nightmare
Miswen chapter 4 . 3/22
Okay, just read chapter four and it's obvious who they are. Ringwraiths!
Larki13 chapter 8 . 8/24/2014
This is such an amazing story! So wonderfully written, and what a creative, intriguing plot!
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 8 . 10/3/2012
"If Boromir were not following, there would not be such need to track them,"
If the Ring controls sleepwalking Frodo, there is need to track him.
His last thought, before his mind shut down, was that which stood before him was impossible.
Boromir, you are the most likeable person amidst men and elves and wizards of the Fellowship.
"It makes no sense. What was he fighting?" "Or was he defending himself, and possibly the halflings?" "Against what? Something that would not stand still to fight?" "Bats?"
No, something impossible.
Boromir and Frodo and Sam had simply vanished, and nowhere around them was any sign to tell what had become of them.
Flight? On a beast?
Protector … or pursuer? Aragorn refused to consider the implications of that second thought.
Boromir would not have created such a surreal performance to take the Ring.
"We are … intimately acquainted with nightmares, you see." With that, the owner of the voice stepped clear of the trees. Sam shoved his own fists into his mouth to keep from screaming.
Boggarts, Dementors, Nightmares? I don't know.
A strange smile twisted across Boromir's face. He laughed, no humor in the sound... Boromir's voice crisp and keen eyes focused. "They called him Ring-bearer." "Then we must find him without delay."
Boromir... You may be my favourite character in LotR universe.
How can ghosts be so terrifying?
"That few but the one we seek would know, heir of Isildur," came a cold, empty voice above them.
Why would few know of the lore?
What do they wish from Aragorn, what do they want of him?
Who shall call them from the grey twilight, the forgotten people?
The heir of him to whom the oath they swore.
From the North shall he come, need shall drive him:
he shall pass the Door to the Paths of the Dead.
Beautiful.
But I can release you from this place!
Can the ghosts travel with the Fellowship? Or would their weapons be of no use against Orcs and Nazgul?
Good luck...
The Gray Fox chapter 8 . 2/4/2012
Such a wonderful story. If I hadn't known otherwise, I would have thought this to be written (please excuse my possible failure at spelling) by the great Tolkien himself! As a matter of fact, when I reach about this point in the story (I am re-reading the sieries), I shall put down the book, go online and read this story before continuing. That is how good it is D
Emily chapter 8 . 2/25/2010
Your characterizations of the oath-breakers was most excellent. I always did feel sorry for them...you also portrayed the Fellowship's fear very well.

*putters off to write relevant fic*
Selene467 chapter 8 . 7/29/2009
Brilliant story! I could just picture Frodo with his arms crossed being carried by Aragorn.

It was a really suspensefull story, but absolutely amazing! Great job. After chapter 4 I got so curious I checked the reviews. As soon as I read someone mentioning the army of the dead, a light went on in my head. The way they spoke, acted, I was certain after reading that review it had to be them.

Amazing piece of writing. I love your stories!
Merewen Celebrindal chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
Dear ILUVATAR! Powerful ending. I really got into it! It didn't have heavy Fodo angst(which is my fave kind of fanfic, sorry, I do love Frodo so much and cry when he dies in fics)but other than that, well, I'd just have to say, BRILLIANT!
Despo chapter 8 . 7/30/2005
Wow! I just discovered this story. It is awesome! I love the plot and I find your way of using the characters perfect! You can make them seem so real!
Anawey chapter 8 . 6/12/2005
Oi! That was so , well, horrifying. It was a nice story though. It was gripping with the classic "out of the darkness and into the light" ending where everything is ok and no one is hurt, badly.

Anawey
LordPixel chapter 8 . 12/13/2004
This is the first LOTR fanfic I've ever read, and it was really good! The syntax of all of the characters seems authentic, and very well written! Nice work!
stans chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
i love all of these stories in order! another great one! im almost to the last one! i hope you keep writing :D
Rosie chapter 8 . 10/24/2004
Aww suck a nice ending, but wow what a way to get there - talk about on the edge of your seat! Maybe as a one off or an epilouge you should have Aragorn actually going to the moutian of the dead to call them with mixed actions from the dead including the beleviers of those already met.

Make sense?

Keep up the good work, Rosie
Rosie chapter 5 . 10/22/2004
OOh! Wow, gripping or what! Must keeping reading to find out what happenens next providing I have the time...
Timmy2222 chapter 8 . 9/12/2004
Wow, this is a great piece of fanfiction! You did not only characterize the Company very well, but also wrote a good story with a tight pace and much of suspense. I really loved reading this. Please, continue writing, you have the gift.

- T.
Baylor chapter 8 . 7/5/2004
A Fellowship mystery-ghost story is something I have never considered, but you pulled it off beautifully. I enjoyed trying to figure this one out chapter-by-chapter (and was quite pleased with myself when I did so). Thanks for another great story!