Reviews for All That Matters
mxnhpfreak chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Well, Brainy is an incredibly hard character to write (at least it was for me, when I wrote some chapters of my story). Why? because we know next to nothing about him.

It wouldn't be fair if I said he was out of character because, anyways, who is Brainy? If we'd stick to what we see on the cartoon, we'd be writing about a plain wheezing kid over and over again.

The way I see it, we have to let our immagination fly away when we come accross this kind of characters, like Brainy, like Lila, perhaps. Because they are complex. Sure, we can write about them as insipid random characters, but they're not.

Argh! I should stop rambling now, don't you think?

Anyway... your story:

The plot was very good. I imagine Helga's lost would surely create a "bridge of comprehension" between her and Arnold. They're "in the same place" now.

As for Brainy... wow! I am so frustrated because I really wanted to cry (actually, had I started crying, my eyes would've turned into a waterfall) but I am at the office, working, and I'm not alone, so if I started crying, my co-workers would be like: "what the heck are you crying for?"

It was very well written. The whole story was, actually. Although as I said, Brainy is tricky.

He's a mystery and by leaving his thoughts and feelings so "in the open", you kind of take away the mystery he is.

Anyway.. that's an observation. All in all, your story is awesome.

I'm sorry for this novel of review I left you here... you're probably bored to death by now, so I'm off...

Greetings from Mexico

-mxnhpfreak
Rivvie chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
Beautiful. I really loved the idea of Brainy telling the story and all. Wonderful use of words, too, sweet ending as well.
cherucaustic chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
i thought it was Brainy. even though it's sad i still loved it.
Number6 chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
Hi

Please excuse my bad english, but this is one of the very best stories I have read. Im a fan of Brainy, and I think this tale respects the characters of HA! and has a message of hope.
Angel St. Mathew chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
Awh, that was so sweet. You almost had me to tears there(though a very strong story, I don't cry easily). But I loved it anyway:-)
Pointy Objects chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
Wow, that was so wonderful! It was so moving and I love the whole Arnold/Helga dynamic! Unforgettable!
Starfaerie2398 chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Wow...this story was so amazing. It's the first fanfic to ever make me cry. Absolutly beautiful, and a job well done.
Yardbird9 chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
You know? The bottom line is...even though it was a sad story about the death of Helga's mother, it brought out the support of family and friends. That's what counts. Excellent.
You portrayed Arnold very well, since he helped and supported Helga very much. But...that is what Arnold does to everyone in need. But you can't blame him for paying special attention to helping Helga.
Brainy's role added to the story very much.
Nice job. Again...another good short story.
More proof.
SansCorpus chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Good grief, that made me tear up. And because is did that to me you must be a great writer. Jeez, I love it. Brainy loves Helga, Helga loves Arnold and Arnold is dense. ::shakes head:: Such drama. I love the POV too. Not that many Brainy fics out there. And this was nicely written and all kept in character. Kudos!
the amazing finn chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
wow- very beautifully written! I personally think the whole concept of Helga's family not caring at all about her is overdone, so it was nice to see a portrait of them that, to me, seems more realistic. What else can I say- the writing was exceptional and I look foward to reading more from you!
Lostinashadow chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
Hello! I'm the same person as ibetyouthinkirock. I changed the name. Anyway, I loved it. I cried, stopped crying than cried again! It was amazing. Keep it up!
Roxynomekop chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
Okay, I'm trying this new critique thing so here it goes. I thought this story was great overall. However, I was confused at the beginning as to who was talking. First I thought it was Arnold but then I later guessed it was probably Brainy. Blame it on my lame attempt of reading the summary. Maybe a lack of setting also, but thats just me. I really appreciated the use of words. Hope I wasn't too dreadful with my comments, just trying to help. Don't mistake me, I love your writing but enough of my blabbering. Great job and keep it up! Happy New Year and thanks for the e-mail!
-Roxy
wyldheart chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
Wow. I think this is the best HA story I've read in awhile. You made me feel for every character in the story-their emotions were so vivid and clear, I almost felt like I was in their shoes. Thank you so much for the awesome read-I love these one-shots of yours!