Reviews for The Tangled Web
duj chapter 1 . 4/26
I remember this fic from when you first posted it, and I've been looking for it for ages. (But no wonder I couldn't find it. I somehow thought it had been written by loverainscent, whose fics seem to have been pulled off the net a long time ago, so I've been looking in the wrong place all this time.)

Of course we now know that JK wasn't planning to go in this direction, and that Dumbledore always fibbed as much to himself as to everyone else about the power he wielded. (And TBH, your Dumbledore is far more competent than canon's.) But this was and is a wonderfully original take on the cold heart of the master-manipulator with the shiny exterior. I wish the wizarding world had had the wit to recognise his guilt after his death, but Harry's epilogue description of him as one of Hogwarts' greatest headmasters suggests otherwise.
ink and blue jays chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
This was a wonderful, realistic, and stunning portrayal of a manipulative Dumbledore, and I don't even like a manipulative Dumbledore. I don't think he's that bad, really, but hell this was amazing.
freaky bitch chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
This... this is why i love fanfiction.
The Renegade Reaper chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
a great fic that shows a realistic manipulative dumbledore. but what i dont get is why did he make them both if he was going to destroy them. he didnt gain anything. he died in the end. and most importantly no one is going to remember dumbledore. they will remember harry potter and voldemort.
Thunder Stag chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I'm sorry, but really? Really? Even Dumbledore isn't that bad. Oh, he's made a few mistakes, yeah, but in average, he's only a tired old mad with far too much blood on his hands-blood he was simply unable to stop flowing, no matter how much he desperately wanted to.
the unbirthday girl chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
This is wonderfully twisted. It's very well written too, and I love how you reveal who the plotter is towards the end. Brilliance. :D
Astarael Darkrah Black chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
F*ck that was scary. Good job though, the story was enjoyable and well thought out. This could remain as is or could be expanded but either way you showed a side to Dumbledore, which is entirely difficult to do without screwing up, quite well. Great story

Astarael Darkrah Black
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
Muahahahahaa. Evil, clever thoughts. I like it.
MrRobertsIII chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Very creepy. More please.
gredior chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
WOnderfully done. Master work.
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
I have never read anything so masterfully done.

Shorter than a lot of the stuff I've read but this is truly manipulative Dumbledore done right.

101/10.

Epicness.
krachum chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
One word: Aewsome!
Inconclusive chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Brilliant.
Memory King chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
This has to be the best take on a Manipulative!Dumbledore I've ever scene!

I'm not kidding.
Alorkin chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
A very frightening and not unrealistic idea, especially given the machinations of Dumbledore throughout the series. I suspected him even in the first book. His covert manipulations became more overt in book three and even moreso in four. In book six, he abandoned any pretenses he had and showed his real aspect.

A nicely done and 'filled with imagery', story. Alorkin