Reviews for Seeing Things to Come
Mashkai30 chapter 10 . 8/20/2014
I have enjoyed this very much. I hope you find time to finish it someday as I would love to read the ending:)
awertvegtr chapter 4 . 9/7/2010
Hmm.

You need a beta. It's not a jab at your writing skills, I'm simply saying that perhaps spelling and grammar aren't your strong points; rather, the plot and the writing is.

This story holds great potential to become something fantastic; however, the reader tends to become a little put-off with the continual spelling mistakes, format and grammar issues...

I suggest you get a reasonable beta - or, at least, start paying attention to SpellCheck - and correct the chapters as they along.

For example, in Chapter Three, the first paragraph and disclaimer alone:

OCs, not Oc's;

Academy, not academy (it's the name of a place, right?)

Alleyn vs. Alleyne - which one is it? Please make up your mind, we're confused!

stated - not used in the context you use it here. 'Stated' is used when someone proposes something, or states a fact that already exists: e.g. "There are eight planets in the solar system," she stated, "and three dwarf planets." Also, like in the example, it tends to be used between sentences, not at the end.

judgemental, not judgementle (this is a not-checking-your-SpellCheck error...)

closed-minded, not close minded (also, should be closed-mindedness here)

slenderness - not wrong per se, but just a little out of context. Petunia is a 'negative' character, right? The word 'slenderness' generally a 'positive' word, not something you want associated with her. Maybe you could try 'skinny', 'scrawny', 'pinched', 'gaunt'... All 'negative' words that describe someone as being slender.

peoples' hands, not peoples hands

their vs. there vs. they're (ah, this age-old confusion...)

'they would have stifled him' - don't you mean they already HAVE stifled him? Harry grew up with the Dursleys, they already have stifled him.

...

The list goes on. Please bear in mind, I am not in any way insulted or insinuating that you aren't a good author - in fact, as an author you're great - but I AM saying perhaps you could use a little help in the spelling/grammar/formatting department.

Like I said, this fic, with the proper polishing, could easily become a much-loved favourite of many... I certainly like it quite a lot already. :)

Yours,

Quin
autumnannette19 chapter 10 . 6/10/2009
Whats next, whats next?
Owlish dawlish chapter 2 . 5/17/2008
It's Dudley not Duddly. And also Tarmac not Asphalt.
Yaraslava Rada chapter 10 . 4/14/2008
Good story. Very interesting. Update again soon please!
IDK2391 chapter 10 . 5/30/2007
well done, quite the captivating story. Keep up the good work and update soon.
FrozenDream chapter 10 . 2/9/2007
I really like your story so far and I hope that maybe one day you will be able to find what is needed to continue! Thank You
Kaylen Cooper chapter 10 . 12/16/2006
Interesting!
AchillesMonkey chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
I have added this story to my C2 called Different School.
Curalium Lacrimo chapter 10 . 4/10/2006
oh this should be interesting! it's a pity you havent updated in a while.
alwaysariyana chapter 10 . 3/29/2006
Not bad. I would like it to continue.
Athania chapter 10 . 2/26/2006
Hmm. Wonder what'll happen to Harry-er Bennett. There's one 'd' in 'Dudley' by the way. Interesting story, cool concept. Update soon!
wicket willow chapter 10 . 2/21/2006
very interesting.. but i think it needs proofreading, especially d spellings
ILoveFlitwick chapter 10 . 1/7/2006
Great story! Keep the chappies coming!
Bobboky chapter 10 . 12/11/2005