Reviews for A Star In The Midst Of Darkness
Screw it chapter 8 . 10/29/2016
I have several complaints about your stories in general.
1) Your characters are extraordinarily bland and boring. They feel like Mary-Sue self inserts, probably written out of the thirst of a twelve year old fan girl. And what the hell's with people treating them like fragile little dolls!? "Oh we just kidnapped this girl, but I'm gonna help her out by giving her a blanket!"
2) The plots consist mainly of "oh no, this sweet innocent angel is kidnapped! Oh no, now some heroes are taking her back!" Seriously, stop. This is something I'd expect a ten year old to fantasize about in their own personal fangirl headspace. It's a drag to read and honestly makes me barf in my mouth a little. Not only that, why the fresh tit would Maxie want this kid when there are psychic Pokémon out there that are probably way more efficient?
3) Stop "daddy-fying" the villains. I've played the goddamn games and not once did I think "man, Maxie would make an awesome parental figure! You know what, so would Archie!" Maxie is a cold, calculating man who honestly seems like he doesn't give a damn about children and would probably tie them to a chair than raise them (sorry if that unleashed some fangirl orgasm for you). All in all, your writing is poor, your characters are atrocious, the stories you make for these fangirl wet dreams are non-existent and you should consider paying attention to how real authors write and structure their stories.
Adieu
Mighty Star chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
A baby raised by Maxie? Or Archie? Oh dear.
Typhlogirl chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Typhlogirl: Hm...this was a hard one to review but-

Micheal the Typhlosion: Oh here we go.

Typhlogirl: -_- BUT I AM GOING TO REVIEW IT. Well, the story is in your unique style but I fail to see why Teams Magma and Aqua would waste their time chasing after a baby, even one with psy powers. They can just get psy pokemon right? But I do hope Mandy is okay.

PS. Maxie married? NO!
Zeher chapter 8 . 6/23/2005
Erm...one question: Are they ever going to stop swapping the kid? Seriously, it's getting kind of old, so when are you getting the part when she's older?
Minty-Fivestar chapter 8 . 6/12/2004
Hmm... Let's play a game of "Trade the Mandy," why don't we... Sheesh... Maxie and Archie need new hobbies...

Curiously enough... when are we going to get around to when Mandy grows up? It'll be interesting to see what will happen after being raised by Maxie. _

Keep it up! See ya later...

-Samantha McPhoenix (aka Pichu*Star)
heath 999 chapter 8 . 6/7/2004
Poor Archie... It's... Interesting, and good.
Rai Dragmire chapter 8 . 6/6/2004
Poor Mandy, she's not even aware of what is going on. Good chappie, update soon.
ST Pika chapter 8 . 6/6/2004
Looks like they got away... will have to wait and see what happens next.
heath 999 chapter 7 . 4/29/2004
Hmm... Interesting... I like it.
ST Pika chapter 6 . 4/26/2004
Good chapter, you're increasing the drama, which is good. Look forward to reading the next chapter.
Rai Dragmire chapter 7 . 4/9/2004
That stinks for Archie becuase Maxie knows where his alternate base is. Can't wait 'til the next chappie!
jadesshadow chapter 7 . 4/2/2004
Hey great chap. Update soon.
~She Wolf Demon~
Minty-Fivestar chapter 7 . 4/2/2004
Here, let me join Team Aqua, Archie! I'll protect your base for you!
(Pichu*Star obviously likes Team Aqua)
Great chapter, like always, nothing I see that needs fixing, only to please update soon! _ Heh, the perfectionist is left without a comment.
Keep it up!
-Samantha McPhoenix (aka Pichu*Star)
Just me and myself chapter 7 . 3/31/2004
Um, how come you don't go like '12 years later'. Are you going to do anything 'bout when she gets older? The storys ok, but I think you need to get to the point a bit faster.
Minty-Fivestar chapter 6 . 3/19/2004
I wonder if Archie will keep Mandy (most likely, since that's what the summary suggests) and raise her as one of Team Aqua, or if Maxie will show up again. (shrugs) Nice chapter, but please don't go the same path with this fever of Mandy's as your other fics I've read. Other than that, keep it up!
-Pichu*Star