Reviews for The Stone and the Steward
Moose Voose chapter 7 . 11/17/2013
This was an absolutely beautiful story. Just...truly heart rending at times. Brilliant characterization. I was laughing out loud, snorting others, at Eomer. Priceless! And Aragorn had a good character! I didn't want to roll my eyes!

I just felt like it was resolved without the reader. It seemed like Faramir was just starting to understand what he needed to do to heal, and then he was healed. We, as the readers, were left out. I think Faramir kept us out of the loop. :P

Just wonderful. One of the better pieces of writing I've ever read on , real depth.
Darkover chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
Dear Lady Wenham: Wow! This was a most impressive story. Lots of angst for poor Faramir, but happily, it was resolved in the end, although just a bit too simply, IMHO. This also seems to be a story about relationships. Faramir and Eowyn's marriage is deepening, he is becoming more of a brother and vice-versa to Eomer, he is becoming closer to Elessar, who is becoming his friend as well as his king. The characterization is great, and the dialogue was written very well. I particularly liked Faramir's strength and dignity, Eowyn's love for him (including her screaming at him until he saw reason!) and Faramir's understandably mixed feelings for his father. Thanks for writing and posting this fine story. Sincerely, Darkover
Nyah1 chapter 7 . 9/7/2010
This story was really the best I've read... and I've read almost every Eowyn&Faramir Story on . English is not my native language so I'm afraid I don't have the words to say, what I really want to say... but I just wanted you to know, that this was pretty good work :)
Truly Christine chapter 7 . 4/13/2007
Aw. I liked that story.
Ghost chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
Aw poor faramir...well atleast he found peace,ne? anyway i love this fic thank you for this...oh yea do you still want to knoe about the nickname daisy? i'll tell you anyway um well it's his sister's fault...at first she shortened david's name to Daze since it is a tradition in Aust., i dunno if that is true or noe, then she added the y...so came the name Daisy lol... good luck on your other fics...

Namarie
queenieb chapter 7 . 2/4/2005
I really enjoyed reading this. You managed the angst perfectly and the characterizations are well done.
vtangelchix chapter 7 . 7/30/2004
I love this story! I love faramir so much...and eowyn too! Oh and your faramir fanfic website is so awesome! I hope you can write more stories and update your website soon!

By the way, you mentioned in chapter 4 that you don't know how david wenham got the nickname "daisy" right? well I found out in this one wenham website that it's a aussie thing and one of his sisters got around to calling him "dais". Later they added the "y". Nothing too weird...
j chapter 7 . 5/4/2004
that was really good
Mysterious Jedi chapter 7 . 3/22/2004
Excellent! I love angst. I tried writing a Faramir fic once, but reviewers said it was too short, apparently unaware that I intentionally used exactly a hundred words. But enough of my ramplings (and fragmented sentences). Hope your life is not as angsty as Faramir's, but that your writing won't reflect that!
Aurora West chapter 7 . 3/12/2004
Lovely ending. It managed to be both humorous and touching without being corny. As it is now spring break, I can read your other stories! Yay! Wait, that's sad. I'm going to sit in front of the computer over my spring break. But your writing is excellent, so it's okay.
Anyway, as a whole, The Stone and the Steward was a wonderful story.
wellduh chapter 3 . 2/24/2004
Weird. I was about to comment on how great your Eomer was last chapter, then decided to wait until the end. Then I read your comment that a lot of other people liked Eomer as well. So, it isn't just me. P
The Noble Platypus chapter 7 . 2/22/2004
Yay! I finally finished reading it! It was fantabulous; very, ridiculously well done! And I can't wait for more stories from you! You're an excellent writer! Wonderful little story! *waves*
Platy
Sindarin Lady chapter 7 . 2/21/2004
aha, it's over, good angst, can't wait for more!
shireling chapter 7 . 2/21/2004
Thank you for a facinating and beautifully written story.
I love a good angsty Faramir story and you have portrayed the comlexity of his character and his interactions with great skill.
I particularly liked your portrayal of Eomer, his understanding of Faramir's difficulties in taking his fathers place were thoughtfully handled.
Helen