Reviews for Simply Complicated: A View from the Side
IsabelEmrys chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I think it was a good idea to leave this as a side story. It fits but then it doesn't in a way...I can see why Jou is upset/pissed off. He has a right to be. Kaiba nearly killed everyone he held dear to him. Without the constant support of a father (heck even a parent) he cherished his friends as his support. Especially when it comes to Yugi who saw something worth fighting for in him. Im surprised he couldnt make that same connection between him/Yugi and Seto/Yami. Then again he doesnt want to be compared to Kaiba. Jeeze him and Kaiba are so different and yet alike at the same time. And I see Jou as the big brother in his group of friends that help keep him sane just like Seto is a big brother to Mokuba who keeps him sane. Very well done again D
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
It feels good to come across a random author- perfectly talented and witty. (I found you reviewing jade-crimson-tears' MokubaxSeto fic) I'm actually reading your most recent fic, and I took a break to read a oneshot.

I loved it.

The point of views you give your characters are so realistic and resonable. They put the story in the right place, somewhere between the manga and a fanfic.

I'm a devoted seto/jou writer and fan, but the whole yami/seto pairing always attracted me and if my opinion even matters, you excel in it with great freedom.

Keep up the great work. Ill review your other fic as soon as I'm finished.
Skippys Cat chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
This made me chuckle in places including the end, not that it's anything to actually laugh at. It was more because in some ways it is so Jou. I think there is more there than shown, but like Kaiba Jounouchi is deeper than people give him credit for. It's one of the things that I hate about the dubs and love about the manga. Kind of like how Honda's dub voice just sucked in the first half of season 1, then suddenly there it was in the second half the way it should have been. Granted as time went on in the dubs both Honda and Jou developed. But they only got to the point where they where they were at the beginning of the manga.

That closing comment though was very Jou. No matter how things seem his first thought will be the happiness of those he loves... just like Seto and in this case he is thinking Yugi first. _
kori hime chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
*cringes at the end of the ANs* I never liked KaiJou. Never could see someone like Jou EVER be able to handle ANY of Kaiba's emotional scars and defense mechanisms. I like Jou's POV but I wish there were more. One thing I'd love is for Jou and the gang to find out fucked Kaiba really is, that behind all that cold and calculating-ness that he just needs Yami. ; Okay, I'm done. I hope to read more fanficton from you! Bye!
Pkmnrocksmysocks chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Lovely!

I agree, Jou and Kaiba are very much alike, and also very much different. They each seem to have what the other lacks, which is what draws me to the pairing so much.
Darleneartist chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
Nenya85 I like this proverb better then the one before. I think it is true that Jou doesn't like Seto at all, and yet there is all these Seto/Jou stories out there. Some are good and that is beside the point. I do like what you have written here. You have written a true side of Jou. Bye for now._
Ankh-Ascendant chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Well, after that huge review I left for the other story five minutes ago, I seem to have worn myself out, but I sstill want to acknowledge that this is a really good story too. I had expected some more... passionate, though. More angry and hate-filled. Just a note, though: I think maybe it would be a good idea to make a note in the other story that you changed the name of this one, because I first tried searching for 'Jou's POV', and only thought to look in your profile after I couldn't find it. Anyway, I love both.
Spinny Roses chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
Why HAVEN'T we seen Mai's top undone, anyway? I mean, that would bring the horny fanboys (and me leading the horny fangirls) in a'running. But yes, I love that line. And feeding my Jounouchi x Mai love... ee...

Jounouchi's POV is very interesting... I love it!
Yume no Zencho chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
That's the one thing that always bugged me about yugioh series. It might be different in the dubs from the manga or the subs but I can't stand it when Honda, or Jou, or that biker in the mid drift (had a grudge against Gozaburo for making weapons). They all just insult the hell out of Seto. Bah, thick headedness seemed to be a running thing with those people. In the dubs with Kaiba saying shadow magic was a trick, even though his soul was trapped a couple of different times. Lol.

I like this one. Is it just going to be a one shot?
Hikari Daeron chapter 1 . 6/10/2004
Yes, just like I said in "Cards", you really get into character when writing. Excellent job. Very enjoyable. By any chance is this a one-shot?

-Ceribi
Tajiv chapter 1 . 4/8/2004
man i feel sorry for jou, seriously. i mean i know why he WANTS to hate him, but he shouldn't be so ignorant.
krystalithium chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
,i kinda wanted a little yami kaiba interaction,but its all good
laura m chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
using the other characters as sounding boards for the seto/yami relationship, or even seto's right to share the planet,in side stories is a great idea, because it helps expand the story to include more than the usual two or three base characters. if you plan to continue in this vein, i would suggest that you take Sugoroku's POV, not only because he seemed like a compassionate character in this fic, but because it might be interesting to hear his opinion as someone who is older and wiser, and also because he has been on the recieving end of some of seto's worst behavior.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
Really good. I enjoyed this perspective on Yami and Kaiba's relationship. I especially liked Sugoroku's understanding. His long life seems to have given him the ability to see past Kaiba's facade that contrasts with Jou's more black-and-white viewpoint.
Desidera chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
Hey, that was a nice idea! (thanks to those who wanted Jou POV, too!) It was really interesting, reading what he thought about the two of them! Especially that strange conflict with the way a person can change. Because, he really can see it in himself but just can't in Kaiba, for his own reasons. It's so true, in life there are so many situations like that, where you can feel such conflicts.
You wrote Jou perfectly, in my opinion. It's great, different from Yami, or Seto, or Mokuba, as your writing gets a bit different with every other POV, but it's great!