Reviews for Spark
spike'smate chapter 2 . 11/19/2009
very teary story i cried reading it...poor spike he doesn't beleivee buffy will love him... especially not now

he is such a sensitive soul
Simply Lily chapter 2 . 12/9/2005
Oh, look, you've created an argument! Oh, you...

Anyway, I like this story, although I'm very opposed to Buffy apologizing for Spike's rape attempt, but I do think that would be something she'd do eventually. I think you've captured that in a wonderful way.
blackeyedgurl chapter 2 . 1/14/2004
'I should ignite and turn to ash for doing that.' Damn I like that line. Nicely done, I think you stopped it where it should be stopped.
blackeyedgurl chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
The end of Beneath You still to this day brings me to tears. The look on her face when he tells her is one of the only times I saw her express any emotion in 2 season. I can't wait to read the rest of this, just the concept is wonderful. But that imagry of him laying on that cross, well thats the sort of thing that haunts us isn't it?
Atterb chapter 2 . 1/11/2004
Hm... two very interesting POV's. I read the responses people gave to your first chapter - that, too, was rather interesting! Everyone had such a different opinion.
I think you did a good job of capturing these two characters and their feelings as they were at this point in canon. It's an incredibly difficult subject to deal with, especially in this case, where their relationship was so screwed up and violent to begin with.
krimson chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
This is very nice. I hope you plan to go on with it. I certainly wish the scene had gone more like this!
iluvSpuffy chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
So you have Buffy apologising to her attempted rapist? Of COURSE it's all her fault, why didn't I realise earlier?
The Buffy / Spike relationship was screwed up from both sides, and with Buffy clearly depressed and not in her right mind you can count on ol'Spikey to take advantage of that. A class act, Spike.
fashiongrrl chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
this was excellent. really liked how spike was still like 'no!' at the end and didn't give in and still realized what he did was wrong. great job! :D
Spike's Willing Slave chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Quite satisfying. It's something we never saw on the show Buffy, apologizing, for *anything*. I might not have grown to hate her so much if she'd been able to suck it up, and admit when she'd been wrong, or abusive, or - hell, more soulless than the 'evil, soulless thing' that stupidly loved her.
Everyone lauded CWDP as an ep where Buffy copped to some of her hateful actions/behaviours: but, she staked Holden, right?
And, what was that line again?
'Whisper in a dead man's ear/It doesn't make it real... '
duj chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
This is less a fic than an argument.
There's a certain amount of truth in it: Buffy did use violence as foreplay and encourage Spike to do the same, she did mean Yes almost every other time she said No and she didn't at first fight him off with the strength or vehemence she was capable of.
Nevertheless, Spike himself recognised that what happened in the bathroom was attempted rape and that it was the act of a monster, not the man he was trying to become for her.
Your fic shows him blaming himself, not her, and rejecting her attempt to share the blame. No matter how she had blurred the boundaries, he felt that he had known the difference at some level.
This ties in with the words he used in the ep "I'll make you feel it again" or some such. As it was written, he was using the language of compulsion.
By the way, nobody ever seems to wonder what his Vampire senses were telling him. He could smell whether or not she was aroused; maybe she was but other considerations were overriding her desire.
Dlgood chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Poor, poor Buffy. This attitude is generally how victims of an instance of sexual assault become serial victims of sexual assault and other abuse. I hope that if you were to continue within this ficverse, she takes the time out to see a rape counselor.
katfairy chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
While generally I'd say that was NOT the best way to handle the aftermath of an attempted rape, from what I saw of the whole Buffy/Spike thing I have to admit that "mixed signals" is an understatement of Olympian proportions. (I still think that scene was horribly OOC for Spike, but thats not your fault; it's whoever wrote that episode.)