Reviews for A Rose By Any Other Name
OphyBoing chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
:) wow
Jilla de la Rio chapter 5 . 7/8/2004
That was sad. I could convince myself to cry right now if I wanted to. Wonderful story, a very original take on it. Now those two are going to be paired up in my mind and when I read the book I'll be looking for hints. Great story!
Lockeroo chapter 5 . 6/18/2004
Martin II is actually the founder of Redwall (Martin the Warrior, Mossflower, Legend of Luke). Martin I is his grandfather. Martin I is in 'Pearls of Lutra'.
votucu chapter 2 . 1/28/2004
It sounds like a fairly good idea, Martin and Piknim, but what will happen when he returns with Abbott Durral and finds that Piknim got killed by the jackdaws? Keep it up, I can't wait for more.
Warriormaid 3000 chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
Hmm...never thought of MartinPiknam before. You might want to classify this as slightly AU, as Martin II would be roughly equvilent to a human in their late 20's- early 30's and Piknam would be in human years about 12-14. (I don't quite know how the seasons work, but I guessed that from the interaction between Tansy and Martin II, and Piknam is about Tansy's age.) Other than that, it's a great story and I love the retelling of the Martin and Rose that we've all come to know and love! Keep writing!
Catty Engles chapter 5 . 1/8/2004
Cool. Nice ending, I was expecting a story, but this acheived its own purpose so, yeah, you did a great job at that. Thank you Rollo, I think he -literally- saved Martin II's life!
-Cat
A1 chapter 5 . 1/7/2004
::sobs:: so sad! ill never be able to read pearls again. . . but a very good job authoring.
hem, the title is brillant. dialouge is minimal, but meaningful. all the acts are short, so it works on that level. truly, this story tugs at the heartstrings, but if you were going to revise, i might suggest the first act should be longer, so that Piknim and Martin could interact more, which would make his loss more acute, more poignant.
HOWEVER, the story is excellent as is, short but bitter sweet. . .
::sniff::
Catty Engles chapter 3 . 1/6/2004
This is really well written. Martin's really reallistic - no play on words intentional, and I luv your title. I'd make your chapters longer, but the dialogue is so great that I wouldn't want to rush you or anything! I thought Martin II should have a Rose as well, I'm glad someone thought the same! Keep this up!
-Cat