Reviews for The Enlightment
toushiro1310 chapter 7 . 1/4/2009
Ah, forgive the prior review. But try to make it more evident that it's not ACTUALLY there. He's just going insane from the shock.
toushiro1310 chapter 6 . 1/3/2009
Ai, you made one fault.

How would there be blood on his hands if he shot with a BOW? Tis impossible and therefore wrong. :(

I liked the rest and all, but that's just wrong.
Sirnonenath chapter 8 . 7/16/2004
Oh, forgive me! I arrive to this story terribly late. I did see that you updated, but family troubles and other events (my sister was married recently) have kept me from it. I hope you understand! *Sends cookies and flowers*

Chapter 7

I think I'm finally getting a grasp on each Elfing's personality. I loved seeing their different reactions to Laketown. And, Lothwen is starting to grow on me. It's quite frustrating to see her react with Legolas, Roccondil, and Faelon. I can't decide which she should have a love interest with down the road. And you probably did not want to know that. *laughs*

"She would sleep soon, and judging by her expression and her battered body, she would sleep with closed eyes." -This line is gorgeous. Poor Dinnulín, I hope she is all right! My favorite part of this chapter was Roccondil's decision to go for help. He's great. "Since I am the strongest, stealthiest, and smartest one left". And then Lothwen's come-back: "that is his opinion." So classic! Well worth the wait. Note also that I love that Dínendír is coming along!

Chapter 8

I enjoyed your description of Laketown from Roccondil's point of view. The part about stealing was particularly interesting. I wouldn't think an Elf would steal either. It's a sharp contrast to Legolas 'borrowing' his ada's coverlet for a tablecloth. *sigh* It is a facet of men, though: stealing from the vulnerable.

Yikes! For a moment there I thought Roccondil was going to reveal that Legolas was a prince of Mirkwood. That would not have been good! But, it seems fate is against them all the same. What do those men intend to do in Mirkwood? Hopefully not to wage war for the murder. *gnawing fingernails* Why did that woman have to knock into Roccondil? Grr. . .

"But nothing was as it normally was; they were not in Mirkwood, they were not happy and carefree, and their silence was not one of comfortable companionship but of anxiety, sadness, and pain." -What a line! Let me tell you, this is one great coming-of-age story. The characters are going through a journey that will forever change them, and we get to come along.

"You're stronger than I" He is? I'd have thought Faelon was stronger, but, hey, I can't object to my favorite Elf being the best in that regard.

*reading about Legolas and Gaelrian* *melting into the chair* Oh, wow, I think this is your best work yet. The conversation between Legolas and Gaelrian really touched my heart. "Thranduil looked up from his work and all his weariness was taken from him as he relished in the laughter of his beloved wife and son, and he was at peace." It's lines like that that put me in awe of your talents. This section was my favorite so far in the story.

And, "Where are we?" indeed! That wasn't very nice of you to leave us with a cliffie like that. Nah, I jest. It's just nice to be reading this story again!

Good question about 'Hannon le." I get very confused too at times about direct/indirect object pronouns and where they go. There doesn't seem to be much reason to it. But, here's what I think the answer is: 'hannon' actually means 'I thank' so 'le hannon' would mean 'I thank you' with emphasis on the fact that it is I thanking you. 'Hannon le' is more like saying 'thank you.' That probably didn't make much sense. You're not the only one confused!

"Well, I'll try to make the next one shorter." Oh, please don't! :) I haven't posted on for about 4 years. But, if you open your html document and place Br Br (no spaces though between the sideways triangles and the BR) between paragraphs, it might work. Hope you figure it out!

Again, I am very sorry about my lateness.
niyanna chapter 2 . 6/7/2004
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS! HIS NAME IS LEGOLAS GREENLEAF( G_R_E_E_N_L_E_A_F )GOT THAT? YOU SHOULD!
niyanna chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
finaly THRANDUIL gets the respect he has long deserved. this title you give him is perfectly fit for this Elven King of Mirkwood!
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 8 . 6/4/2004
Hello Hello!

You're right, there can never be enough Legolas. NEVER! *Sighs*, but you try, lol! I have to say, I was very lost in this chapter. Probably because a lot of the names I didn't recognize or perhaps because it's late and I'm sleepy and have distractions on my mind. Either way, amazing chapter. And wow! LOL! Yes yes, now, pls, add more?

Tara
Deana chapter 8 . 6/4/2004
Yikes, the poor little elves are all lost! *gasp*

As for the elvish words...'hannon le' IS 'thank you'...I have NEVER seen it as 'le hannon', especially since 'hannon' is 'thank' and 'le' is 'you'! LOL! I have a Sindarin dictionary in Word...if you want a copy of it, I can email it to you. My addy is :)
Melui chapter 8 . 6/4/2004
Very wonderful. You are very articulate and have the imagination of an angel. And that dream, it made my heart melt! I absolutely loved it. Great job. (by the way, i've already lost my sanity;) )
Bedazzled17 chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
*crying* Don't worry, they're tears of joy. I'm so happy your writing again. And it sounds like your back to a good start...Can't wait for the next chapter.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 7 . 5/25/2004
*Mumbles and swears* Er I had a long long long review written out then I had to go open something and *Poof!* The review was gone... Arggh! So this will be longer since I have a whole 5 lines of complaining to do about that first, lol!
Well for starters: Add me to msn? Lisa has my addy and I'll tell her to give it to you since I'm not about to write it here. Hehe!
And thanks for your long and wonderful review! Much loved and appiricated. And yeah, I am just quite pissed off at the person it's about for the time being... We tend to fight a lot a lot a lot... He's my "older brother"... Not my real brother but my supposed brother, lol. If that makes any sense at all. I'm just mad at him and he does make me feel like that though only when I'm really mad does it bug me and it's noticable...
Now onto your story! It was GOOD, AMAZING, WONDERFUL! Beautiful. Though, I have one complaint. A small complaint. And that omplaint is: *Drum rolls* That there is not NOT enough LEGOLAS. Hehe, but you can never change that because there can never be enough Legolas so I guess my complaint is useless, lol! But great chapter though!
Anyhoo, off now! And yeah, I do have a lot of poems up, but they are short since they are poems, lol... Either way, until next chapter, bye bye!
Echo Despise
farflung chapter 7 . 5/19/2004
Oh good you're back.
Poor Legolas he will have problems with this murderer thing won't he? Good. We need the angst.
At least they have figured out why the elflings may have gone crazy. They were higher than kites. So ada and muindor to the rescue.
As far as the mistakes you made. I recognize only the most commonly used elvish words. Usually I don't even notice when someone makes a mistake. Someone just posted that Galadhrim is plural and Galedh is singular. She has been using Galadhrim for singular all this time and was quite red-face about it. I learned this from her and don't feel the mistake is that big of a deal but she sure did.
Well the elflings are in a pickle now. Let's see who cracks first. Don't let them get hurt just scared out of their youthful minds.
Thanx for an update. Time must be at a premium for you.
Melui chapter 7 . 5/19/2004
Hello!..Wow, been a long time waiting for this chapter. And I must say, it was well worth the wait. This is a wonderfully written chapter, and i felt so touched at Legolas' obvious distress. Wonderful job. Oh and you must not go missing, whatever would i do without you..
Melui chapter 6 . 1/22/2004
I know i've said this a million times, but it's really good.
Sirnonenath chapter 6 . 1/21/2004
*Laughs* You truly are one of my favorite authors! Your attention to details, your incredible work with language and dialogue...in a word, awesome! I can see that you would make a fantastic English teacher.
A chance for a prequel? *squeals* And more about Gaelrian later? I look forward to that. About the French, I know exactly what you mean. Oral comprehension is difficult for me too. I still can't distinguish between 'ou' and 'u.' It took me long enough to get adept at the difference between 'é' and 'ais.' *sigh* Also, thanks for wishing me luck on my exams. I don't know how I did on them all, but I aced my pre-calc.
I really enjoyed the beginning part with Thranduil and company. "They must be falling over themselves by now..." LoL. So true. Funny about the true nature of the wine. Poor Thranduil; it must be hard to keep tabs on an Elfling like Legolas.
*scowls* That man is evil. Dinnulín's emotions just rolled off the screen into my body. I was scared for her, then cheering for her when she got away, then sharing her fear as the man chased her. You have some amazing talent. Dinnulín is one of the most refreshing OC I've read in awhile (I know, on and on I go about her, but she is great!).
And it gets better! I've never really thought about how Legolas would feel the first time he killed someone. It made me think about how I would feel if I ever had to kill someone out of defense of another. Horror. The perfect word to describe it. It was a desparate situation, and Legolas acted to save his friend. I'm glad that you showed how *he* felt, dirty and numb. A very intense, powerful scene. The only question I had, maybe I misunderstood, is how Legolas got blood on his hands. He says 'they would never reach [Dinnulín] in time' but after he shoots his bow from a distance he looks down at his bloody hands. I was thinking that maybe you were speaking metaphorically. There wasn't really blood on his hands physically, but just 'blood on his hands' because he had killed someone. Sorry about the confusion; it happens to me a lot. You should see me in English class. . . *grin*
Don't worry about updates. I have a bunch of work to do myself now that 2nd semester has started. And I'll definitely keep this fic. in my mind until May.
I thought the switch from light to dark was effective, and I never would have guessed that the man (and I agree, what a creep!) was a plot device. It worked very well, in my opinion. Child abuse is sick. I don't even want to think about what the man meant when he said "that is his job." And, I didn't feel the scene was too violent or suggestive at all.
Great job. Best of luck with school; don't stress yourself out too much!
farflung chapter 6 . 1/21/2004
Dark is good. I like angst.
So the search party has found the wine skins but no Legolas and company. They do get evrything figured out in short order though and get ready to ride to the rescue.
The little elfling is right to listen to her inner voice of reason. This is a bad man so run away, run away. And I'm glad she nailed him in the eyes with dirt. He deserved it.
Legolas wakes up with his eyes closed. It is so scary when that happens to an elf. Personally I like it that way. Now he has to pay for over indulgence in the "tea." Actually everyone has to pay for their over indulgence.
They recovered quickly when they discovered Dinnu gone and heard her scream.
Legolas may be very upset he killed the bad man but I for one am as pleased as punch and pie.
Oh yes Laketown and elflings This should be fun.
As far as school goes it is the pits. Tomorrow is a big Spanish final. You would think after four years of grilling someone on Spanish I could speak like a native. Not so. Sigh. Hope she gets a good grade. We certainly reviewed enough.